Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating to 1709 Share

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Updating to 1709

About to begin attempt #4 to upgrade to 1709. Had it on metered connection so it wouldn't auto date. Attempt #1 ... took it off metered and downloaded the update...7 hours later it put me in the unending logon loop. Back to previous version we go. Two days later it auto updated overnight...same result unending logon loop...back to previous version we go. Yesterday attempt #3 went to the microsoft website and tried it from there....you guessed it unending loop...back to previous version (glad it was still giving me that option!). So today I have downloaded the ISO file and will go that route (which I knew I should have done from the get go....had this issue since 1607)! Pain in the ass to have to go back to square one and start all over reinstalling all my apps and shit. Need those security updates though, concerned about spectre and meltdown.
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    531 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Yeah it sucks but worth it to start fresh in my opinion. I partitioned my drive so now i have a backup drive to store everything i dont want to lose when i have to do a fresh install. My main complaint about fresh installing is when i use the win10 media creation tool to download windows to make an iso it doesnt give me the option to download win10 pro.. just Home and N. May i ask where you downloaded your iso from?

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I started with Installing 7 Pro First and then up graded to 10 Pro 1709 no Worries you should be able to use UpGradeAnytime from 7 also but download over unmetered so you don't have any glitches, Just a thought hope it helps.

ROG Master

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by freak69ize View Post
    Yeah it sucks but worth it to start fresh in my opinion. I partitioned my drive so now i have a backup drive to store everything i dont want to lose when i have to do a fresh install. My main complaint about fresh installing is when i use the win10 media creation tool to download windows to make an iso it doesnt give me the option to download win10 pro.. just Home and N. May i ask where you downloaded your iso from?
    When you use the Media Creation Tool from MS its the same iso you download. Its when you install you get to choose what version you want to install..as far as i am aware

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    531 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG-DK View Post
    When you use the Media Creation Tool from MS its the same iso you download. Its when you install you get to choose what version you want to install..as far as i am aware
    Yeah i know w10 home and w10 pro are the same download just never seen an option to install directly or to a usb for pro. I've seen unofficial iso's online that are preactivated but dont wanna go that route

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Well that didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped...but more or less workable for now...some old fixes no longer work .... some new wrinkles have appeared...will work on it. I downloaded from the Microsoft website. It gave me at least 10 windows variants to choose from...some I never heard of!! To get all the options ....with the iso file loaded in the dvd I go into the Bios and change boot options so I can boot directly from the iso file on dvd ... you then get pretty much the same setup as when windows is initially installed. I use Corel paint shop to do most of my work...sadly I also have Photo shop, but who knew they didn't have a dark UI back on CS4 so it's pretty much unusable for me...

Last edited by CsqU4r3d; 01-15-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information