Hello,

I've been running hmailserver for a few weeks and until now I've just used it to forward emails for a couple of websites I host. Recently I set up accounts in hmailserver but I wasn't able to access these accounts using the Windows 10 Mail app. The hmailserver log showed no attempts to connect at all. I set up an account in Outlook 2016 and it worked perfectly, no manual setup was required at all, i.e. I just accepted the default options to set up an IMAP/OPO account. I was also able to set up an account on mu Windows 10 mobile phone without any issues. I was also able to set up an account on my work computer both in Outlook and the Windows 10 Mail app.

So, it seems that the issue might be the fact that the Windows 10 Mail app won't work if it is trying to access hmailserver on the same IP address, although the hmailserver is accessed by my WAN IP address and forwarded to this PC. Since I can access hmailserver from Outlook (and also using Telnet) it is obviously not an issue with hmailserver nor with IP addressing.Anybody have any ideas?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31525
Animated Explainer Video

Thanks