Thread: Windows 10 1903 [19H1] Share

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    255 Thread(s)

Sex:

Windows 10 1903 [19H1]

Well, finally broke down and installed 1903 [19H1] 18362 last night.

I like the Windows sandbox feature as well as the Windows Defender tamper protection feature, although I do not like the fact that if you have another AV like Malwarebytes installed Windows gives control of the tamper protection feature over to it , meaning, if you wish to disable tamper control, one must disable their other AV first. If you don't disable your AV first the feature becomes hidden and you receive an IT / Admin error message.

I also do not like the new layout of the downloads folder, where folders are laid out according to time frame.

Current version of Aeroglass does not work with it but I can live with that.

Upon first install, StartIsBack 2.8.2 says it is not compatible with this version of Windows but it does work

Themes seem to work fine with Mr. GRiM's new shellstyle file.

I like the blur effect at the Windows login, but that is just eye candy.

For some odd reason in order to use notepad which I use a lot, it must be run as admin to work, just double clicking on it freezes it up, is this just a bug in this version or does anyone happen to know why?
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:20 PM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did you happen to try to see if OldNewExplorer works as well?
    And do you happen to know if the new shellstyle file backward compatible with the older versions < 1809?

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    255 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by dpcdpc11 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did you happen to try to see if OldNewExplorer works as well?
    And do you happen to know if the new shellstyle file backward compatible with the older versions < 1809?
    ONE does work with 1903, as far as the shellstyle supplied by Mr GRiM being backward compatible? I cannot say because I have not tried.

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    255 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Well, finally broke down and installed 1903 [19H1] 18362 last night.

I like the Windows sandbox feature as well as the Windows Defender tamper protection feature, although I do not like the fact that if you have another AV like Malwarebytes installed Windows gives control of the tamper protection feature over to it , meaning, if you wish to disable tamper control, one must disable their other AV first. If you don't disable your AV first the feature becomes hidden and you receive an IT / Admin error message.

I also do not like the new layout of the downloads folder, where folders are laid out according to time frame.

Current version of Aeroglass does not work with it but I can live with that.

Upon first install, StartIsBack 2.8.2 says it is not compatible with this version of Windows but it does work

Themes seem to work fine with Mr. GRiM's new shellstyle file.

I like the blur effect at the Windows login, but that is just eye candy.

For some odd reason in order to use notepad which I use a lot, it must be run as admin to work, just double clicking on it freezes it up, is this just a bug in this version or does anyone happen to know why?
    So I did a clean install of 1903 yesterday to see if that cleared the problem with notepad up and it did, after the clean install just double clicking on notepad opened it and it worked normally, no need to run as admin. After installing the iPack double clicking on notepad caused it to freeze again , had to run as admin again, this makes me think it has something to do with the iPack. If someone else can confirm this for me and maybe let me now what resource needs to be replaced I would be grateful.

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    255 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    So I did a clean install of 1903 yesterday to see if that cleared the problem with notepad up and it did, after the clean install just double clicking on notepad opened it and it worked normally, no need to run as admin. After installing the iPack double clicking on notepad caused it to freeze again , had to run as admin again, this makes me think it has something to do with the iPack. If someone else can confirm this for me and maybe let me now what resource needs to be replaced I would be grateful.
    Ok, upon further investigation the problem is not with the iPack but rather with the Actual Windows Rollup software I am using, after uninstall of the iPack the problem persisted and kept on until I uninstalled Actual Windows Rollup. I have informed the developer of the issue.

Thread Information