Threaded View

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by devillnside View Post
    no mate that TH2 installation is not required. use grim's import scripts. firstly use the 7 to 10th2 import script to import the windows 7 theme to th2.. (your actual windows installation can be rs2 that's not a problem). save the theme, close it, reopen & save it once more & close it. (btw the instructions are all there on grims thread). now use the 10 to 10 RS1+ import script importing the 10th2 theme ...apply stylehack then save & close... reopen the theme & save it once more & thats it. Now you do the rest of the fixes, etc manually.

thats how i do it & it works for me every time.

Custom Class Maps and Import Scripts for Windows 10 TH2 & RS1

Windows 7 to Windows 10 TH2 (Only for TH2, does not work on RS1).
    1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2"
    2. Open the WSB Program.
    3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme
    4. Open the the Windows 7 Theme you want to import.
    5. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

GRiM's right, it does not work, I have tried hundreds of times not only with this theme but other Windows 7 themes, all I get for my efforts is "there is an error in the msstyle file". I just happened to be reading through all those older threads were GRiM mentioned about having to use the OS that you are trying to port to when it clicked.
    I don't know how you are able to do it and not the rest of us ??? because there are still a lot of Windows 7 themes I would like to bring to 10, especially this beauty.
    I am going to try and set TH2 up on a VM today and see if that works, if it'll even register now.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; August 30th, 2017 at 03:23 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Thread Information