Thread: 10 GNU/Linux Distributions Worth Checking Out

Threaded View

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    yea i get that for a lot of people. i myself won't entirely get rid of windows, cause i work on too many friends pcs and need the apps i have for windows or i need to test out something they want to install. my main things in neon are hiding desktop icons, creating links / shortcuts that don't break(i've dragged things to a shortcuts folder and chose link here, renamed, clicked and ran fine, then after a few uses clicking the item opens a text editor instead of the item the shortcut is linked to), and lastly getting the browser and email client to remember how i had it sized when i click to them smaller to be able to view something else.

EDIT: here's what i have so fat on customization. theme, wallpaper, icons and cursors already changed to my liking. have the main panel / taskbar set to my liking and locked. the second image is what i' talking about with shrinking a full screen program. now in window if i shrink the browser to half the screen,expand it back to full screen, clod the browser, relaunch the browser, shrink it down again it will remember how i had it sized the last time i shrank it. at least in neon it does not, seems to have it's own default.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; November 7th, 2018 at 07:53 PM.

Thread Information