PDA

View Full Version : PS3, Xbox 360 or PC? (screw the Wii)

Mr GRiM
September 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I think they all have good and bad points but they all have their place and it's hard to say which is better, I think for performance and Hardcore games, probably PS3, it also has the added bonus of being able to play Blu-Ray, for Online gaming it would be the XBox360, mainly because you can play against PC users as well, XBox also makes a decent Media Center, its more like an extension of your PC that can also integrate with it.

Cons I think with both these machines is the tiny Hard disc, when looking at what was available at the time and what is available now in storage size, not mention how much priced have dropped, it's hard to understand why the have given them such limited capacity, the conclusion for this is they were looking at the need future upgrades and milking as much out the CONsoles, as they always have with all consoles to date.

The Wii, well what can I say about the Wii, it has a pretty stupid name, looks gay and seems way over hyped, good points are it is fairly cheap and has a good range of games that will actually get you up off the couch and get you involved with the game in a way that has never been done before and is the future in console gaming, I think this is a direction Nintendo will continue to head and will do well in doing so.

Ultimately the line between console and PC continues to blur and eventually there will be no need for them unless they can manage to stand apart like the Wii seems to be doing.

Cashis
September 30th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I would say i have to agree with you on most of your views,I went and bought a Wii a while back and we kept it for a total of 2 Months the 1'st month we actually used it with games like tennis and mario Galaxy, for the second month it just sat there as we got over it very quickly so i wrapped it back up and sold it on ebay and in total lost $50 on it so i was happy with that.

Next up I got my 360 and me and boy's(kids) love it as we are usually solely into Racing games car's/Bike's and maybe some Adventure games my 4 year old can pretty much handle also on his own from getting games in loading setting up the settings and he's racing and he can do all that without pestering me or his mother which is great.:), And as for hard drive space I did read somewhere that there is going to be a 250GB Bundle with the new Forza 3 I think, But as you said they obviously just dont release the biggest hard drive straight out once sale's go down then they release like a Bundle or a different color to always give there sale's a boost again.

As for the PS3 I have not even tried one tbh I have noticed the price has dropped quite a bit and the release of the slim model aswell,But I still haven't had the urge to go and get one "Yet" I would like to get one just for 2 PRO's the Blue-Ray and 'Gran turismo' I was a big Gran turismo Fan on the PS2 so maybe one day i might get that urge and give in.

But as for now it is the 360 all the way.

ilesal
November 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I had three Xbox 360 due to RROD, but have now got a PS3. Graphics and performance about equal. Games made solely for one platform always look better on that console. I prefer the PS3 user interface but prefer the 360s controller, it just feels better in the hand and the left thumb stick is better positioned. The 360 was very loud, my PS3 slim is very quiet. On line play I found better on 360, but have not done much on the PS3 yet.

Overall, well I am on the fence. I do not need a bluray player as I watch all my movies from USB stick. If you were to offer me either console for FREE I would swing towards PS3 at the moment. :-D

adhd1977
February 18th, 2010, 07:28 AM
i like the pc for best graphs with gamming... meaning GOOD videocard + GOOD Full HD Monitor.
but to game for fun and with some friends and all, i prefer the PS3 on a good Full HD tellie.
the XBOX might be cheaper and all, but the PS3 has much better graphics, on a good full HD TV set.
and has more options beside gammig, i use it in combination with PS3 MediCenter for PC.
so now i can stream downloaded HD Movies to my PS3/TV... i also juse it to watch movies i make with my cellphone.
without converting them, dont see XBOX doin that......

And when i have new pictures from my Boa Constrictor, i show them from my PS3....
And also you dont have to buy original headset/keyboard/mouse sets from sony,
You can juse almost every cheaper brand on the marked....

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL: Goin' ONLINE is Free on PS3 Network......

So XBOX eat youre heart out,........................

I'm just sayin'.... LoL..........

Peace.........

The Shots below are my hardware...

[attachment=2:ye9r70tl]570090-185.jpg[/attachment:ye9r70tl][attachment=1:ye9r70tl]476937807_42b9e758ea_m.jpg[/attachment:ye9r70tl][attachment=0:ye9r70tl]PSP Mod - Skull & Bones.jpg[/attachment:ye9r70tl]

Ryan_Se7en
February 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I agree with Ilesal. The 360 controller is better than PS3 controller. 360 controller is fit with my hand. It's easier to use the joystick and L and R button. The other buttons are about the same. The rechargeable battery on PS3 is a con for me. What if the battery dies, you have to buy a new one which costs 54 bucks in U.S. The 360 controller uses double AA battery which can save much money to buy new controller. But it's also a con too. If the battery runs out while you're playing, you're screwed if you don't have alternative battery ready for it. You can't not charge and play at the same time.

mast3rpwns
February 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I'm gonnna go with.. PC! lol

I just love the feeling of a mouse to a controller.. it's smoother :P

mast3rpwns
February 18th, 2010, 11:01 PM
PC also has a more chance of lag [unless you buy a kick ass comp] xD

i always wondered if it were possible to use a USB mouse on a ps3 or xbox 360.

Ryan_Se7en
April 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
I think you can use the mouse on PS3, but not Xbox 360. Xbox 360 only supports its own accessories.

sydtrakked
April 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
xbox is able to use mouse and keyboard... just have to buy an adapter i believe...

as for my thoughts... as long as you have a good PC, thats usually enough... but its always nice to have a console like a... 360. i like 360 better because how well it integrates with my pc. i can stream all my music, movies, pictures, netflix, zune... pretty much everything over my xbox. the controller is much better as well imo and you can use it with your pc if you wanted to (with an adapter of course). graphics between xbox and ps3 are not all that different each new release tries do outdo the other soo they both go back and forth. most games are on both consoles now and the ones on ps3 that are exclusive im not really into... (except MAG... i really wish that was on 360).

So thats my preference... PC and 360... i have wii as well but its main function is dust collector...

Kira-chan
August 24th, 2010, 01:39 AM
The Wii, well what can I say about the Wii, it has a pretty stupid name, looks gay and seems way over hyped, good points are it is fairly cheap and has a good range of games that will actually get you up off the couch and get you involved with the game in a way that has never been done before and is the future in console gaming, I think this is a direction Nintendo will continue to head and will do well in doing so.

you are right about the wii, my old roommate has one, and when her aunt and mom came to visit we played the Resort game on it, i played it, and i really didn't get in to it. i don't like the small controllers, it feels like i am playing with a stick you could say.

as for the PS3, i love the PS and PS2, the PSP kinda on the fence with me. but the controllers are a nice design and all, but to small for me. i might look in to getting a PS3, but not sure yet.

as for the Xbox 360, i love it, i love playing all sorts of games on it, and still going to, not sure if i want to get the new slim yet, i will see. i love the controller for it too, its big and sturdy, perfect with me and my anger issues when playing, (i get kinda pissed when i can't win against a boss >_>) and the button layout is perfect for me. :icon_cheesygrin:

eatmypickle4
August 25th, 2010, 02:02 AM
The PC for sure is the best. Nothing beats the feeling of your mouse and keyboard. Plus PS3 can get filled with viruses and you can always get a 360 emulator for the PC. So to me that just proves that the PC is the best.

Mr GRiM
August 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
The PC for sure is the best. Nothing beats the feeling of your mouse and keyboard. Plus PS3 can get filled with viruses and you can always get a 360 emulator for the PC. So to me that just proves that the PC is the best.

thanks for that post, I have seen so may Xbox360 games on the new but didn't even consider a 360 emulator, will have to look into that for sure :)