PDA

View Full Version : Add extra button to phpbb3 vistablue skin...

Generator2013
September 23rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
For our benefit and for mansrm's, this is what's need to add more buttons to the vista blue phpbb3 skin.
You can see the end result on here now, the FAQ button is back to it's oringal state and we have a newly made Arcade button using this code. Hope this helps!
(I put it in here because it's not graphic related as such, more forum modding!)

:D

Place new buttons in:
'/styles/vistablue/imageset/en/bouton/'
and copy them also too:
'/styles/vistablue/imageset/fr/bouton/'

Files to edit:
'/styles/vistablue/template/Overall_header.html'
'/styles/vistablue/theme/colours.css'

Open '/styles/vistablue/template/Overall_header.html':

Find:

<span>{L_FAQ}</span> ({U_FAQ})

Add Above on a new line (Change 'arcade-button','arcade.php' and the title to suite!!):

<span>{L_Xtrabutton1}</span> (arcade.php)

Open '/styles/vistablue/theme/colours.css':
Find:

.logout {background: url("{T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH}/bouton/deconnexion.png") 0 0 no-repeat;}

Add below on a new line (change 'arcade-button' and the png filename to suite!!):

.arcade-button {background: url("{T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH}/bouton/arcade.png") 0 0 no-repeat;}

Find:

.logout:hover {background: url("{T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH}/bouton/deconnexion.png") 0 -25px no-repeat;}

Add below on a new line: (change 'arcade-button' and the png filename to suite!!)

.arcade-button:hover {background: url("{T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH}/bouton/arcade.png") 0 -25px no-repeat;}

mansrm81
September 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks your my hero.

Generator2013
September 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
You're more than welcome mate, it was a bit of a mission to track down but we can now add how-ever many buttons as needed.

Not quite sure why the skin author used the colours.css instead of the buttons.css, It would have made more sense to put them where they belong but we know now! :)

mansrm81
September 23rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
I also noticed that I had to edit the css file in the filemanager on my host cause it wasn't updating with the new code.