PDA

View Full Version : Re: Neon Theme for Windows 7

Mr GRiM
October 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
NEON

I know you have waiting for it and here it is, my new Theme I called Neon, for obvious reasons I think.

A big thanks to adrianodj25 for all his hard work with this theme and my last one, without him it would not be possible for me, also a big thanks for the Wallpaper also provided by adrianodj25.

Neon Theme Download 44613

New! - Updated Neon theme with some minor changes and extra features, tested on X86 and also works on X64 44614

To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.

Taskbar will not display blue bar if you have your options set to never combine.

Always combine, hide labels should be selected.

Also if you are using any extra Toolbars you need to make sure they are displaying small icons, but only if you have them all on a single row, if you have your taskbar expanded to 2 bars it will display normally again.

Very Important!!!

You must enable the use of custom themes by either patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher.

Universal Theme Patcher: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27909-How-to-Apply-Custom-Themes-in-Windows-7

rightspin
October 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
the new theme is great, good work Mr. Grim! Unfortunatly, it didnt change the taskbar for me. What should i do?

Mr GRiM
October 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
You man need to resize the Taskbar, I had a problem as well if I had my extra toolbars set to display large icons, or if you don't set your taskbar on the bottom it wont work either.

rightspin
October 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
awesome, works now. Thank you so much. Great work, really!

Twisted-Devil
October 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Great theme :))

picasso21
October 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
The best Theme thanks :D :party: lol

Scoty
October 15th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Looks very great. Thank you.

Aug.Schroeder
October 15th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Dear MrGRiM!
Very Nice Work! Thank You Very Much For Sharing!

:f:

Twisted-Devil
October 15th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Wud you be able to try a black and gold theme .
To go with these start orbs.

Elmo56
October 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
These are some of the best looking themes i have ever seen! Thanks very much!!

Generator2013
October 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I know you have waiting for it and here it is, my new Theme I called Neon, for obvious reasons I think.

A big thanks to adrianodj25 for all his hard work with this theme and my last one, without him it would not be possible for me, also a big thanks for the Wallpaper also provided by adrianodj25.

http://faigoq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pqXhyM4PSbeJs3AEoTFnIkWkxiquk-YCTDtyj3pW3hxlbfwBljPP1M6NzDybUT0TPPaunWT9cT8eseF77OKs5bbDKQ72U6pHu/Neon.jpg

http://virtualcustoms.net//Themes/Neon.zip

Ooh I like this theme.. Very nice work indeed! :)

Conquistador
October 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Can you please tell me how can I install the theme called "Neon"? When I want to overwrite the files from "Shell" it says: "I have to ask for permission to execute this command". Im running Windows 7 as administrator.

Twisted-Devil
October 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Move Both the neon folder and theme file to the themes folder (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes)
Then double click the neon theme file .... You do not need to go into the neon folder or copy any other files.

deadpitbox
October 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Move Both the neon folder and theme file to the themes folder (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes)
Then double click the neon theme file .... You do not need to go into the neon folder or copy any other files.

awesome theme sir :) keep up the great work!

btw how can i change the start orb? im new to window 7 :D

Cashis
October 16th, 2009, 12:10 AM

by the way how can i change the start orb? im new to window 7 :D

Hi deadpitbox and Welcome to Vurtualcustoms :)

A fellow member on here has done an excellent job on a tutorial for exactly what you are looking for his name is TheBull and his tutorial can be found [link=here:bmfowfeg]http://creativx.net/forums/general-tutorials/31-how-change-your-start-button.html[/link:bmfowfeg], I hope this help's and enjoy your stay at virtualcustoms. :)

deadpitbox
October 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM

A fellow member on here has done an excellent job on a tutorial for exactly what you are looking for his name is TheBull and his tutorial can be found [link=Here:3cogod7f]http://creativx.net/forums/general-tutorials/31-how-change-your-start-button.html[/link:3cogod7f], I hope this help's and enjoy your stay at virtualcustoms. :)

thank you very much sir..it is a very nice tutorial indeed,hella easy to follow :D i did mine in les than 5minutes..tnx again sir

Cashis
October 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM

A fellow member on here has done an excellent job on a tutorial for exactly what you are looking for his name is TheBull and his tutorial can be found [link=Here:1vf1pi9c]http://creativx.net/forums/general-tutorials/31-how-change-your-start-button.html[/link:1vf1pi9c], I hope this help's and enjoy your stay at virtualcustoms. :)

thank you very much sir..it is a very nice tutorial indeed,hella easy to follow :D i did mine in les than 5minutes..tnx again sir

Your welcome mate,

You also can find lots more Start Orbs for Windows 7 [link=Here:1vf1pi9c]http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16[/link:1vf1pi9c],

Enjoy :)

bond008
October 16th, 2009, 12:30 AM
cool ty mates :-D

deadpitbox
October 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
i installed this on my wifes machine that has a 32bit win7 7600..is this a 32bit bug? any fix? tyvm

love this theme :D

Tieske
October 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Il love this Theme! Have it myself ;)

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/10/21/1256142696-650.jpg (http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijken/2030986.html)

toin7
October 23rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
Tieske, what program is that you have for the 2 sidebars and the bar above the taskbar? It looks awesome.

Tieske
October 23rd, 2009, 04:35 AM
The bar left i used Rocketdock (Theme; Samurize Sidebar Win7 v3).
The bars under and right i used Rainmeter. :)

The Coldest
October 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
what did I do wrong

Mr GRiM
October 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
what did I do wrong

Looks like you didn't run the UxTheme Patcher first.

Automatic Theme Patcher

UniversalThemePatcher-x86.exe (32 bit) http://www.mediafire.com/?fkmdm1dizgm

UniversalThemePatcher-x64.exe (64 bit) http://www.mediafire.com/?chqwwymwzni

hawx
October 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
wow awesome :-D

mrZoSo
October 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
i installed this on my wifes machine that has a 32bit win7 7600..is this a 32bit bug? any fix? tyvm

love this theme :D
I'm getting the same problem. Is there a way to fix it?

TIA

tutuchet
October 30th, 2009, 12:42 PM
great

Adriano91p
November 2nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
I have a problem:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2u95u6u.png

I'm running x86 System. Is there any fix for this bug?

Mr GRiM
November 2nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
I have a problem:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2u95u6u.png

I'm running x86 System. Is there any fix for this bug?

Here you go mate, hopefully this one should be better.

Adriano91p
November 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ow.... I love it :D

Thanks very much.

Mr GRiM
November 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ow.... I love it :D

Thanks very much.

Your Welcome, problem Solved then I take it. :)

The Coldest
November 4th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks, got everything work but the bar is not blue. I made the two folder for the bar and made sure that the task bar is always combine, hide labels.

Mr GRiM
November 4th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks, got everything work but the bar is not blue. I made the two folder for the bar and made sure that the task bar is always combine, hide labels.

Unfortunately you are using an extra toolbar and you need to set the icon view to small for the extra toolbar or it will not show, also the extra toolbars will be placed outside of the main pinned taskbar icons.

rengekyo
November 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Great theme and icons, but what did I do wrong ? Why wont taskbar turn blue?
http://z1.zod.fr/z/untitled-QnU.jpg

Alienwar
November 5th, 2009, 12:43 AM
please help for install theme neon :(

Mr GRiM
November 5th, 2009, 01:03 AM

Sorry but I was only just starting when I made this theme and it doesn't have support for small icons, I will make an updated version soon though after I have finished the Dark7 Ultimate theme.

Mr GRiM
November 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM

What do you need help with, what have you tried so far?

mansrm81
November 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Browse to yourdriveletter/windows/Resources/Themes and copy and paste the files for the theme into that folder. Then right click on your desktop and select personalize then pic your theme I may have that part wrong I'm not in 7 right now so I can't tell you for sure.

rengekyo
November 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM

Sorry but I was only just starting when I made this theme and it doesn't have support for small icons, I will make an updated version soon though after I have finished the Dark7 Ultimate theme.

but i've made them small cause its told in your guide of installing taskbar :D

Mr GRiM
November 5th, 2009, 04:50 AM

Yeah it's a bit confusing, you need to show your pinned apps as large icons but if you are using extra toolbars then they need to be set to small, don't ask me why it's like that.

The Coldest
November 5th, 2009, 05:48 AM

Unfortunately you are using an extra toolbar and you need to set the icon view to small for the extra toolbar or it will not show, also the extra toolbars will be placed outside of the main pinned taskbar icons.

Thank you so much for your help and making my desk top look bad ass :D

rengekyo
November 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM

Yeah it's a bit confusing, you need to show your pinned apps as large icons but if you are using extra toolbars then they need to be set to small, don't ask me why it's like that.

I see, so is it possible for me to make it blue now ? If yes what should I unpin/remove?

najRazaele
November 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
another gr8 work!!! thanks m8!!! :cool:

Alienwar
November 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I put the theme in C: \ Windows \ Resources \ Themes but as I get the taskbar looks like this, I am using the large icons
http://www.imagengratis.org/images/neoemiy4x.jpg

Mr GRiM
November 6th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I put the theme in C: \ Windows \ Resources \ Themes but as I get the taskbar looks like this, I am using the large icons
http://www.imagengratis.org/images/neoemiy4x.jpg

Sorry I'm not sure what the problem is can you explain please?

Alienwar
November 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
if you mean, install the theme but not the taskbar I get so blue like the picture .. and use the universal theme patcher

Mr GRiM
November 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
if you mean, install the theme but not the taskbar I get so blue like the picture .. and use the universal theme patcher

I still don't understand what you are tying to say, what is the problem you are having, if you have the blue Taskbar then you have done it correctly.

Alienwar
November 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
the taskbar does not come out blue. now I understand?

foxraph
November 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hi
How to use this thème?
Y dont have any icon & background?

Thks

cvetican
November 18th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Moja tema win 7

JoseyWales
November 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Awsome theme. I like it! building themes is one of the things i'm here for. It looks like i found the right place. Home of the Master!!!

he meens the taskbar didn't turn blue.. same with me.

menelaus7
November 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
This is a great theme and thanks! One question - in terms of the "floating" toolbar at the bottom of the screen - I can only expand the right bar towards the middle - and not the left bar. It looks like I should be able to - I can actually get the left/right arrow to appear, but nothing happens when I click and drag it towards the right. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks again.

Mr GRiM
November 19th, 2009, 07:59 PM
This is a great theme and thanks! One question - in terms of the "floating" toolbar at the bottom of the screen - I can only expand the right bar towards the middle - and not the left bar. It looks like I should be able to - I can actually get the left/right arrow to appear, but nothing happens when I click and drag it towards the right. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks again.

Have a read on the first post and I explained how to do it with blank toolbars either side.

jack_pot31
November 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
nice thems....

Sekko
November 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
:f: Thank You

menelaus7
November 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hi - thanks. But I did try what you said to do in the original post - "You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position."

What I cannot seem to figure out is how to "place the blank toolbars on either side of the main taskbar. I have my Start button in its own taskbar which is not expandable at all (although it does show the left/right arrow when I right click on it - just does not expand). This is followed by the main Taskbar group with the icons and which was turned blue by your theme. Then I have the additional new toolbars to the right of that. I can make them larger or smaller - but what I cannot do it move one of them to the left of the main taskbar. What am I missing? Thanks!

Mr GRiM
November 23rd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Hi - thanks. But I did try what you said to do in the original post - "You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position."

What I cannot seem to figure out is how to "place the blank toolbars on either side of the main taskbar. I have my Start button in its own taskbar which is not expandable at all (although it does show the left/right arrow when I right click on it - just does not expand). This is followed by the main Taskbar group with the icons and which was turned blue by your theme. Then I have the additional new toolbars to the right of that. I can make them larger or smaller - but what I cannot do it move one of them to the left of the main taskbar. What am I missing? Thanks!

I'm not sure, it should just pop over to the other side if you expand the toolbar far enough to the left.

menelaus7
November 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM
LOL - apparently that was the problem. I was not expanding the toolbar all the way to the right - I would move it to where the main taskbar was and it would shrink - but I was stopping then. Thanks! *kicks self for being dumb*

apakekgitu
November 30th, 2009, 08:26 AM

same here sir,,i cant install this theme.... :(
- I already DL UniversalThemePatcher-x64 but if i click it will show "C/UniversalThemePatcher-x64.exe is not a valid Win32 application..so what i must do!!?!? :idk:

- I already DL the Neon theme,,and put it in C/Windows/Resources/Themes ....And what next i must do!!?? :idk:

- How to DL and use icon pack installer,,,,i already DL "Mr GRiM's Glossy Blue Icon Pack-x86",,but after i finish the DL and i want to open will show Error "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....

Really confused,,plz help me..i want to using this theme.. :cool:

Mr GRiM
November 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM

- I already DL UniversalThemePatcher-x64 but if i click it will show "C/UniversalThemePatcher-x64.exe is not a valid Win32 application..so what i must do!!?!? :idk:

- I already DL the Neon theme,,and put it in C/Windows/Resources/Themes ....And what next i must do!!?? :idk:

- How to DL and use icon pack installer,,,,i already DL "Mr GRiM's Glossy Blue Icon Pack-x86",,but after i finish the DL and i want to open will show Error "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....

Try Vista Glazz to patch the system files, I use it and it works great, I just downloaded the Glossy Blue Icon pack for 7600 x86 and it was fine, maybe if you haven't already, try installing 7-Zip as that is the type of Zip it is.

apakekgitu
November 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Try Vista Glazz to patch the system files, I use it and it works great, I just downloaded the Glossy Blue Icon pack for 7600 x86 and it was fine, maybe if you haven't already, try installing 7-Zip as that is the type of Zip it is.

what is Vista Glazz and where i can find it!!??
can u give me a link,,btw i still using XP here not vista...... :shock:

"try installing 7-Zip".....give me link again plz...newbie here... lol lol

Mr GRiM
November 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM

can u give me a link,,by the way i still using XP here not vista...... :shock:

The theme and Icon pack with installers are for Windows 7 only, you can maybe use the icons without installers but I don't think that they will work with XP sorry.

apakekgitu
December 1st, 2009, 02:08 AM

can u give me a link,,by the way i still using XP here not vista...... :shock:

The theme and Icon pack with installers are for Windows 7 only, you can maybe use the icons without installers but I don't think that they will work with XP sorry.

But my XP is already on Win7 mode,,,,im using Seven Remix XP 2.31....
still can use this theme !?!!?!? :f:

apakekgitu
December 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM
Sir can u make some themes like that for XP users...!!?!?!?!? :f:

im using XP but already on win7 mode,,,bcoz im using Seven Remix XP 2.31...
can u sir!!?? lol lol

btw i still can using neon theme for my PC!?!? XD

Mr GRiM
December 1st, 2009, 06:44 AM

can u sir!!?? lol lol

by the way i still can using neon theme for my PC!?!? XD

Sorry But I don't have XP and have never made any theme for anything other then Windows 7. There are plenty of XP themes on DeviantArt, maybe have a look on there or get yourself a copy of Windows 7 and you can use these themes.

apakekgitu
December 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM

can u sir!!?? lol lol

by the way i still can using neon theme for my PC!?!? XD

Sorry But I don't have XP and have never made any theme for anything other then Windows 7. There are plenty of XP themes on DeviantArt, maybe have a look on there or get yourself a copy of Windows 7 and you can use these themes.

So i still cant using this themes!!??? :grrr: :crazy:
btw i already used Vista Glazz,,and what the diff!!?? lol lol
:nerd:

illoye
December 3rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
i have download the x86 theme but i can't get the patcher the link is removed
can u give me another link for the patcher :sick: :sick: :sick:

Mr GRiM
December 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
i have download the x86 theme but i can't get the patcher the link is removed
can u give me another link for the patcher :sick: :sick: :sick:

Try VistaGlazz it works well and it's what I use now http://www.codegazer.com/vistaglazz/downloads/

nuumuu
December 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
thnx man testing....

ben71r
December 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Sweet theme but I have 1 problem, the corners on my windows aren't rounded like the ones in the pics. How do I get them rounded?

Mr GRiM
December 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Sweet theme but I have 1 problem, the corners on my windows aren't rounded like the ones in the pics. How do I get them rounded?

You downloaded the updated version which has a few changes from the original including the Explorer frame, the older ones from the preview are still there though so just download one of those.

ben71r
December 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Thanx GRiM, it worked perfect. One more question, how do I get the date to appear underneath the time in the taskbar?

hzl4592618
December 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Mr.GRiM!
you are genius!!!

i'll be always on your side.

Enzoisamazing
December 19th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I dunno, is it just me getting the white boxes around the menu's? :what:

Mr GRiM
December 20th, 2009, 12:23 AM

If your using x86 then it will happen, but on x64 it's fine.

Enzoisamazing
December 20th, 2009, 06:00 AM

If your using x86 then it will happen, but on x64 it's fine.

I'm on x64, and it's happening to me :S, Task Manager, WinRAR etc.

kaline
December 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for this theme.

MTND3W88
December 22nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
Hello Mr Grim.

I was wondering if I could request a modification to your Neon Theme. I would like to have the Blue taskbar from the BLACK HORIZON theme in its place? It matches the rest of my theme.

Also, some of my work programs require me to use Internet Explorer. The address bar however is blacked out and I cant read the address when typing it in. Could you change the letters or the bar for better visiblity(Contrast) in INTERNET EXPLORER?

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have to say that your themes really make our PC come to LIFE!!! :cool: I greatly appreciate your efforts and your talent in customizing.
I wish I had the time to do some of the things that you have seem to have a nack for :nerd:.

Thank you

WootyMan
December 30th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I wanted a silver and black theme, but Neon is so cool, I had to change my mind. If you ever make another theme, keep silver and black in mind. :)

Edit:

Hey MrGrim is there a easy way for me to make the blue superbar, glass? Thanks.

zennith512
January 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I've download both neon file and vistaglazz but I couldn't install them.please help me!!!! :shock:
I'm using win 7 32 bit

Mr GRiM
January 17th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I've download both neon file and vistaglazz but I couldn't install them.please help me!!!! :shock:
I'm using win 7 32 bit

Did you patch the files when you installed VistaGlazz? When you run it you should have seen 3 icons, the first being a computer icon, click on that and it will tell you if your files have been patched and either give you the option to patch them or unpatch them.

And did you put the theme in the themes folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes?

zennith512
January 17th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I've patched the file when installing Vista glazz and also cut and pasted folder neon in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes, but what I have to do then to use the theme. I want to use it very much.Help me!!!!! :S

Mr GRiM
January 17th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I've patched the file when installing Vista glazz and also cut and pasted folder neon in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes, but what I have to do then to use the theme. I want to use it very much.Help me!!!!! :S

Then all you need to do is go to your personalization menu and select it from your installed themes.

zennith512
January 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
the theme neon appears in personalize like this but when I selected it, nothing changed

January 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I, too, nothing changed, I do not know what to do

Mr GRiM
January 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Looks like you put the Neon.theme file in the themes folder but didn't put the Neon Folder in the themes folder.

January 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7885/27225990.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/i/27225990.jpg/)

so after the installation

dareaper
January 18th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Awesome theme love it great work.

larebz
January 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
great theme dude, but any idea on why this is happening though in certain programs, please?

Mr GRiM
January 19th, 2010, 11:33 PM
great theme dude, but any idea on why this is happening though in certain programs, please?

Sorry it was one of my early themes that was based on another theme and I don't know the cause for that problem sorry.

larebz
January 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
ah ok then no worries, at least it's good to know that you don't know EVERYTHING :D

strelok551
January 24th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Tema :cool: :cool:

j4y1981
February 19th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Great theme, but is there any chance you could release a red version instead of the blue? I tried the ultiamte ones but this seems to be the only theme that doesn't stop me using certain programs (drop down menu cant be read as its all black).

The only reason i ask is I'm currently changing my PC case to black and red led from black and blue so want my desktop to match. :P

Mr GRiM
February 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Great theme, but is there any chance you could release a red version instead of the blue? I tried the ultiamte ones but this seems to be the only theme that doesn't stop me using certain programs (drop down menu cant be read as its all black).

The only reason i ask is I'm currently changing my PC case to black and red led from black and blue so want my desktop to match. :P

Yeah I guess I could, I will think about it.

Mr GRiM
February 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
I thought about it :p

j4y1981
February 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
And what conclusion did your thoughts bring you to. :P

Mr GRiM
February 22nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
And what conclusion did your thoughts bring you to. :P

lol thought I posted it when I made that comment.

j4y1981
February 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Ok stupid question but how do i apply/change that?

EDIT Don't worry i worked it out thanks if only the new ultimate themes weren't to dark on the programs i use as id use them.

pacodolls
March 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
merci

kia619
March 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM
May i know how do you get the icons on the desktop to change??
Cause mine kind change. Thanks.

aquinasramon
April 15th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Sir where can i get the icons?

Mr GRiM
April 17th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Sir where can i get the icons?

They can all be found here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27464-Custom-Icons-with-install-Script-for-Windows-7

blink_soulz
April 22nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
i have a question here..how do make all the menu on top of ur desktop? i mean like the one apple use on their desktop

tibroski
April 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
very cool

nice

thanks...;)

Hellcat
May 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM

:shock: Beautiful theme,I love the blue and black compilation! :party2:

Congratulations Master :f: :"> Hellcat :flirt:

savatage93
May 26th, 2010, 07:42 AM
thanx :cool:

oakesy07
June 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
looks fan m8

HenTai-Lv
July 23rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the theme and its very likely for me to used it
+rep for such a great theme

dreamer567
July 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Some really nice work here, you're truly a master. Thanks for sharing. :party2:

thunderzapz
August 2nd, 2010, 01:23 AM
i need help,the theme installed just fine ,but how do i change the icons of stuff?It seems to be unchanged :icon_question: :idk:

DragonT4
September 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM
this never worked for me :/ i also don't have a theme folder in my computer

Prince NRVL
September 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
nice theme. thanks mate.

dude
October 7th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I don't seem to get how to get the floating task bar on my w7 64bit. I don't get your explanation. Can u explain it more detailed?

thx

HackZeroII
October 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Hey I really like this theme, one question: Can you tell me what variables I need to change in order to get a green version of it? Because I use rainmeter and I have my desktop customized like this (http://tinypic.com/r/2cfazj5/7) and I was looking through the .dll file but I couldn't figure it out so thanks if you can help turn it into the green like on that link because I really like your work, it's just mine is in green :)

Mr GRiM
October 20th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Hey I really like this theme, one question: Can you tell me what variables I need to change in order to get a green version of it? Because I use rainmeter and I have my desktop customized like this (http://tinypic.com/r/2cfazj5/7) and I was looking through the .dll file but I couldn't figure it out so thanks if you can help turn it into the green like on that link because I really like your work, it's just mine is in green :)

There is no easy way to do that, all the images and colours would have to be edited in Windows style Builder.

HackZeroII
October 20th, 2010, 02:05 AM
There is no easy way to do that, all the images and colours would have to be edited in Windows style Builder.

Dang :/ well thanks for responding man i'm still on the hunt for a green theme.....

bgjerlow designs
October 20th, 2010, 02:21 AM
You could try out Concept Green.

Also you could open the msstyles of this theme, and edit it with Restorator or similar. This will require Photoshop (or similar) though to change hue/saturation which will change the colors of the image/certain parts of the image.

Bristow
December 15th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Of all the themes this is the best for me and I'm still using it lol

pvdp
February 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
tx for the theme

WhiteSpot
February 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
MR. Grim soz for bothering you but could you tell me how can i make that work on my laptop? i copy both files and paste them in my themes file ( on windows/resources/themes) but only the wallpapper changes and i wanted
it to be like is in the pictures you posted how i do that? =X soz bor being newb with this but i kinda get lost ^^"

ty for your time

Mr GRiM
February 18th, 2011, 12:30 AM
MR. Grim soz for bothering you but could you tell me how can i make that work on my laptop? i copy both files and paste them in my themes file ( on windows/resources/themes) but only the wallpapper changes and i wanted
it to be like is in the pictures you posted how i do that? =X soz bor being newb with this but i kinda get lost ^^"

ty for your time

If this is the first time trying to install a theme check the important info from the first post.

WhiteSpot
February 18th, 2011, 09:06 AM
and where can i see that? ^^"

Mr GRiM
February 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
and where can i see that? ^^"
Very Important!!!

You must enable the use of custom themes by either patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher or use UxStyle Core which runs as a service, either way will have the same result but UxStyle Core does not change any system files and is also update proof.

Universal Theme Patcher
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29116-Universal-Theme-Patcher

Uxstyle Core Theme Patcher
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31514-Uxstyle-Core-Theme-Patcher-0.2.1.1.1

WhiteSpot
February 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
ok soz for my noobish ^^ really nice themes btw :]

CrypticAssassin
March 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
1st off I must say that this theme is exactly what I was looking for!! Great work! I actually love all the themes on this site but this one is perfect for me. Now, I do have a question, I'm quite new to theme patching and such and I can't seem to get my comp to look the way your pics do. I have run theme changer and and extraacted the files/folders into windows/resources/themes and created folders : Explorer.exe, Explorerframe.dll, and Shell32.dll inside windows/resources/themes/neon but I cannot figure out what to place in these folders and the theme changer readme doesn't seem to help me. All I can get to change is the UI and the background but not the folders or start orb. Anyway, great work on all your themes and thx for any help. Much appreciated!

Mr GRiM
March 18th, 2011, 03:33 AM

[/URL]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/290/9/1/Neon_Windows_7_Theme_by_MrGRiM01.jpg (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/290/9/1/Neon_Windows_7_Theme_by_MrGRiM01.jpg)

To install this theme you will have to patch some dll's first, I have started using VistaGlazz (http://www.codegazer.com/vistaglazz/downloads/) and it works wll and is x86 and x64 compatible.

Neon Theme Download 44613

New! - Updated Neon theme with some minor changes and extra features, tested on X86 and also works on X64 44614

To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.[/info2:1g5ghciu]

[note2:1g5ghciu]Taskbar will not display blue bar if you have your options set to never combine.

Always combine, hide labels should be selected.

Also if you are using any extra Toolbars you need to make sure they are displaying small icons, but only if you have them all on a single row, if you have your taskbar expanded to 2 bars it will display normally again.

Very Important!!!

You must enable the use of custom themes by either patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher or use UxStyle Core which runs as a service, either way will have the same result but UxStyle Core does not change any system files and is also update proof.

Universal Theme Patcher: [URL]http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29058-Universal-ThemePatcher-by-SumoSoft

(http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31514-Uxstyle-Core-Theme-Patcher-0.2.1.1.1)UXStyle Core: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31514-Uxstyle-Core-Theme-Patcher-0.2.1.1.1

I think this was the second theme I made and at that time I was just doing the themes and maybe a start button, so there are no extras to go with this theme.

If you have restorator you can open the dll's from any theme you like the images of and then extract the bitmap folders and then use this app to convert the bitmaps to png.

ZaqMuse
March 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
cant download..can someone tell me how to dl..

NAHOM
April 2nd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Thank you MrGRiM wanted to tell you this site is very nice and again thanks to all the masterpieces of all the designers here thanks

NAHOM
April 3rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Mr. Dear Grim invalid links I click on download and it seemed to me page not found If you can help I'm very happy thanks

XLWX
April 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I cant donwload it

Mr GRiM
April 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry guys, links are fixed now.

XLWX
April 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
thx

great job

bekinelis
May 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I need Gadgets for this Theme

iLoveu
July 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM
could you link me to the icons and nice theme :happy:

Mr GRiM
July 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
could you link me to the icons and nice theme :happy:

You can get those icons here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27464-Custom-Icons-with-install-Script-for-Windows-7

coreynelson
September 11th, 2011, 05:57 AM
theme looks very good but i dont have the dock or that start button or the colord icons is that in a seperat file ? can i merge two themes together such as a theme and a login window? sry new to this an help would be appreciated

CrazySouthernBoy
September 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM
You have to use the Theme Resource Manger I think thats what its called to get everything.

dundee
September 18th, 2011, 06:08 AM
hey grim great theme i downloaded it from deviate art got the to work but couldnt change folders

Mr GRiM
September 19th, 2011, 06:29 AM
The folders are not included with the theme, if you want the folders then you will need to install the 7tsp pack here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29558-Full-Glass-Icon-Packs

brimermg
October 3rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Please someone help. I have downloaded Concave 7 and neon themes. But not everything is changing. On Concave i get the windows classic look and it won't change. On neon i still have the same basic areo task bar so i basically changed the back ground. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I have downloaded all the programs, patched and repatched. Ran the new process and re ran it. (not as the same time as the patch) and no matter what i do the results are the same. Btw, i just reinstalled windows 7

Big V
October 4th, 2011, 12:32 AM
did you patch your system to wear third party themes http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29116-Universal-Theme-Patcher you can also check out this vid to help you get it going http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33198-Video-How-To-Patch-Windows-7-and-Apply-3rd-Party-Themes

MaximumCore1911
October 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Very nice thanks!

emirberkcelik
October 31st, 2011, 07:56 PM
win 7 x 64 workinhg

emirberkcelik
October 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
thsankd

den andy
November 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
thanks.trying out now

steliosrhodesss
November 4th, 2011, 09:04 AM
:uk:thanks

cloud-21
November 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
How do u install this theme the same exact way it shows in the image? I cant fix the taskbar and Icons arent the same. help plz

Big V
November 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
How do u install this theme the same exact way it shows in the image? I cant fix the taskbar and Icons arent the same. help plz First off icons are not part of the theme. The icons can be found in this section http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27464-Custom-Icons-with-install-Script-for-Windows-7 or if you prefer a 7tsp pack http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29558-Full-Glass-Icon-Packs
How to install - extract the file from the archive. copy the msstyle file & the file folder and paste those in C:\windows\resources\themes next right click your desktop and select personalize then select the theme from there that you want to use.
Please make sure you have your system patched also for wearing of third party themes. Patcher's can be found in this section http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/896-Theme-Patchers
Next for the taskbar - if you read the very first post of this thread it tells you how to center the taskbar

atsure
November 10th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Thx MrGrim - nice theme.
I have 2 small problems with this theme:
1st problem is taskbar on left side - in this theme taskbar is empty :(
2nd problem - progress bar is green :(

Big V
November 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Thx MrGrim - nice theme.
I have 2 small problems with this theme:
1st problem is taskbar on left side - in this theme taskbar is empty :(
2nd problem - progress bar is green :( I'm not sure on the progress bar... but if you would read the notes on the first post in this thread it will tell you how to center the taskbar

atsure
November 11th, 2011, 06:03 PM
ok, taskbar is not really problem, but progress bar is. All is black&blue tonation - one is green.

Findrod
November 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Love this theme, but there is still a problem which is in previous versions (Dark 7 Ultimate) too.. the problem is when you use SEARCH THING in START MENU, it becomes from black to white as original theme .. :/

Evander
December 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
thanks a lot

Evander
December 18th, 2011, 05:50 AM
thkns

redlinesr
December 19th, 2011, 04:55 AM
this one is sick

vikingking
December 19th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Always great work!

Jax27
December 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
i saw the preview looks truly amazing Grim can't wait to try it :D

VolksxD
December 25th, 2011, 11:45 AM
:) muito bom

translate = very good

Please post in English
Thanks VC Staff

Letícia®
December 25th, 2011, 11:55 AM
splendid mr.grim / / thanks:love::girl:

kohaku
June 23rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Used this for over 2 years, and now that I reformatted I'm coming back to this theme. Good work!

WhateverPaper
September 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the start bar tips

emirberkcelik
October 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
good colors

changopepe2011
January 12th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Nice theme,my like.

RICH2466
January 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
WOW, this is great! THANK YOU Mr. Grim

svarma
May 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Great theme :)

Lamia
May 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
I miss this one, old school style, thanks for sharing Mark! :Smile:

oldship
May 10th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thank you:peace:

IceBabee
May 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Thank you for this awesome theme Grim! :)

xueyunding
June 13th, 2014, 06:24 AM
where did u get these icons?