PDA

View Full Version : Blue Moon Theme for Windows 7

Mr GRiM
October 26th, 2009, 04:07 AM

New Theme called Blue Moon for Windows 7 RTM x64 and x86

Small bug with x86 in start menu, all programs button is white for some reason unknown to me.

New features of this theme include:

Taskbar support for left, right and top positioning.

New Context menus.

Removed rounded corners on explorer windows.

Removed Glow effects on Address bar and Search Bar and changed text colour to white.

New Details Pane image with resizing margins set to maintain picture aspect ratio.

All programs menu now black to match overall Start menu theme.

And a few other things that I can't remember ATM.

The icon packs and Start buttons for the themes are also there but need to be installed separately.

Blue Moon Theme Download 44603

Icons Pack Download http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/784-Custom-Icons

Start Button Download http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27467-Start-Orbs

To install this theme please run the Uxtheme Patcher first. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29058-Universal-ThemePatcher-by-SumoSoft

To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.

Taskbar will not display blue bar if you have your options set to never combine.

Always combine, hide labels should be selected.

Also if you are using any extra Toolbars you need to make sure they are displaying small icons, but only if you have them all on a single row, if you have your taskbar expanded to 2 bars it will display normally again.

deadpitbox
October 26th, 2009, 09:40 AM
looks great but for some weird reason i cannot load this theme ( it just goes back to my default win7 theme ) but the others like neon & black horizon loads

Edit:

got it working :D i took out the space from the word Blue Moon and turn em to BlueMoon..

great VS :)

32bit bug : window address bar turns white just like the all programs tab in start menu

C1PR1ONE
October 26th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Mr GRiM this start orb you have??

http://i36.tinypic.com/167nh3c.jpg

Blue Moon Theme amazing :cool: looks great ;)

Aug.Schroeder
October 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Dear MrGRiM!
Great work! Thank you very much for sharing! I love your Windows 7 Themes and your IconPackages!
I am happy!
Have a nice Day... :-D
Aug.Schroeder

C4RP1ST
October 26th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hello Mr GRIM, good work . :cool: verry nice .
I look for your icon firefox, could find her?

Can you explain to me how can it be done the blue taskbar ?

Thank you.

Sorry for my (french) english !

Howler
October 26th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Maaaan..... your themes roX! Especially this one!!! Its sorta of "improved Neon theme" thanx man, now my win 7 looks better! :) :-D

Mr GRiM
October 26th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Please post a screen shot of how yours looks and I will try to guide you.

DarkNovaGamer
October 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM
You quoted the wrong person, Mark.

deadpitbox
October 27th, 2009, 03:25 AM
just wondering..is there a way to fix the windows address bar on win7 32bit? i can live off having a white all programs but the address bar kinda annoying.. love the square corners , context menu this is just what im looking for :) or do i have to switch to 64bit? lol :D

Mr GRiM
October 27th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I don't have x86 so I have not been able to test it for myself, I also noticed from you screen shot the the top of the scroll bar is missing as well, I really wish I could help you but maybe the themes need to be made for one or the other and not both, if you can use x64 then I would definitely recommend switching as long as you don't have any really old hardware that you might have problems getting 64bit drivers for.

scottrwill
October 28th, 2009, 03:59 PM
This is got 2 b the best theme yet for me. It would all b topped off with a slick azz pic in the start menu. f n A+ :D

j1n
November 4th, 2009, 04:24 AM
hey grim. this is a sexy theme. I have a few questions about how to get it working though. AFter you run the universal theme patcher do you just double click the theme file and does it automatically install it? cause it does not seem to work. It didnt do anything besides change my aero windows dark. And also could you specify which icon pack you used?

Mr GRiM
November 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Hi J1n and welcome Virtual Customs, the files need to to be placed manually in the themes folder and then executed from the personalization menu under installed themes, the Icon pack I am using is http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29558-Full-Glass-Icon-Packs

j1n
November 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
i placed the blue moon folder with the blue moon windows theme file in the theme folder. i stil cannot get it to work. do we have to place the files in the bluemoon folder in specific places?

Mr GRiM
November 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Once you have unzipped it you need to navigate to the themes folder and then place the Blue moon.theme file in that folder and then add the blue moon folder in the same directory, you should be able to go into the BlueMoon folder and see the BlueMoon.msstyle file, Shell, en-US and wallpaper folders, if you don't see it then you have done it wrong.

j1n
November 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
okay i got the theme working. completely didnt see the threat teaching us how to do it. theme looks great! A+

Mr GRiM
November 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
okay i got the theme working. completely didnt see the threat teaching us how to do it. theme looks great! A+

No worries, happy to hear you got it working. :)

rightspin
November 5th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I love it, thanks!

ady
November 7th, 2009, 07:13 PM
lol :party2: :party2: :cool: :p Blue Moon Theme for Windows 7 for x64 works perfectly

daigiaatula
November 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
XD

buzz_kil
November 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I was wondering if there is any way to get the cool task bar without having to use the combine always and the large icons, I like the feel of XP/Vista I get with using the other settings

hopie
November 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
hallo,

i had a question about taskbar.

on screen of firts post are there blue/black, but my are black/white with no glass

i copied the files bluemoon.theme to win/resource and the folder too
what i make wrong?

darkcold
November 15th, 2009, 06:09 PM
since i am running 32-bit win 7 i have a small problem with this theme. on start menu the all programs bar is white. I want to replace it with the one from the neon theme. can someone tell me which number bitmap i need to edit. i also have the same issue with the address bar on windows explorer that number would also be appreciated.

Tool-Man32
November 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
since i am running 32-bit win 7 i have a small problem with this theme. on start menu the all programs bar is white. I want to replace it with the one from the neon theme. can someone tell me which number bitmap i need to edit. i also have the same issue with the address bar on windows explorer that number would also be appreciated.

827 and 847 for the all programs bug ;)

darkcold
November 16th, 2009, 12:18 AM
thanks that worked for the start menu. do know what to do to fix the windows explorer address bar.

datastor
January 1st, 2010, 10:32 AM
darkcold
thanks that worked for the start menu. do know what to do to fix the windows explorer address bar.

I Have that problem too, it will be nice to fix this, this theme is my favourite but... 32 bit users should have a working version...

sorry i speak english a little.

Mr GRiM
January 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
datasto

darkcold

I Have that problem too, it will be nice to fix this, this theme is my favourite but... 32 bit users should have a working version...

sorry i speak english a little.

Sorry about that, I will try and fix it for x86 in the next few days, I'm Currently working on a theme that is a mix of this theme, Black Horizon and the Xtreme Red theme, although this one will be primarily blue rather then red and should be ready soon for x86 and x64.

†Sachiel†
February 12th, 2010, 06:48 AM
:cool: Dude, the wallpaper works so nicely with the theme. I like it! :D

mauam
February 12th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Good one, thanks :roflmao:

sol88
February 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
nice update Mr grim ....dampenedthe harshness of the blue but when burning the midnight oil its great if that happens tonight all i got to do is switch....The FUTURE is themes all the way...
To add just put 7 pro on alaptop ci cant leave it as a boxed version it aint right the girl is coming 2moro for it but ive already started iving it the VC touch...sol

stin
April 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I like this,sometimes I have trouble seeing some text with dark themes,but man they are kool.Every time I patch my system and play Crysis,I crash.Lately I tried a program called tune up utilities 2010.I disable most other stuff but the visual style.When I load one of your themes from that program,it works and no crashes for me.I hope you didn't mind me sharing that info,just thought it might be helpful.But it won't let me use your icons.If they were in a different kind of file it would work,I think it is tip or something like that.Thanks again for your great work!! :cool:

stin

solid
May 25th, 2010, 08:01 PM
hey grim .. i have instal the theme correctly and its awsome man good work but i cant instal the start orb and icon pack correctly

the instal goes to the end like it should but nothing change, one thing i have notice is during the instal of the icon pack i think i have seen somthing like nothing in the extansion...

have you encountered this before ??

sounddevil13
May 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Great theme, I have x86 and have fixed some of the bugs except the combobox arrow, I love the icon pack, which one is it?

HaCkthEplAneT
November 20th, 2010, 04:49 PM
this looks amazing...thanks for the hard work

shaukat
June 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
the theme is very nice

araña14
August 26th, 2011, 11:45 PM
:Smile:gracias espero que como nos pliques aser temas gracias

Thanks as we hope that through topics Asher pply

NAHOM
September 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
very nice theme thank you my friend:givahand:

CrazySouthernBoy
September 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I like this one.

ztusek
December 18th, 2011, 10:54 PM
awesome job :)

redlinesr
December 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
i love it!

Letícia®
December 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM
awesome details / / great job / / thanks:loving::girl:

drewkim
February 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
hey mr grim, love your themes but am having trouble installing theme, help

-ultimatekey-
March 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Mr. Grim I hope you're online. I can't get your theme to work. I was able to put my theme in here C:\Users\LOL\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and activated it from here but it did not work. Why? I also was able to patch using the uxthemepatcher. PLEASE HELP.

P.S. i'm kinda new here, so sorry for that.

bigcyco1
March 18th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Mr. Grim I hope you're online. I can't get your theme to work. I was able to put my theme in here C:\Users\LOL\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and activated it from here but it did not work. Why? I also was able to patch using the uxthemepatcher. PLEASE HELP.

P.S. i'm kinda new here, so sorry for that. o.k. are you doing it right incase you are unsure Step-1

Download Universal Theme Patcher.zip and extract it
Step-2

Open “Universal Theme Patcher” unzipped folder there you will find “UniversalThemePatcher-x64″ and “UniversalThemePatcher-x86″. So, choose any one of those to install according to your system requirement.
Step-3

After completing installation process Universal Theme Patcher window will get open where it gives option to patch uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll and themeservice.dll files automatically by clicking on “Patch” button followed by each file, so do that to go further.

Note: If any problem occurs by patching up the files then Restore all three files to their previous state through “Restore” buttons.
Step-4

Restart your system.
Step-5

Download any third party theme for Windows 7 and unzip its folder and open it.
Step-6

Copy “.theme” file and its “theme folder to %windir%\Resources\Themes folder.
Step-7

Now, right click on Desktop click “Personalize” option, it will open Personalization where you will find your newly added third party theme, ready to apply.

Now, after you do that should work if not i will help you figure it out no worries.P.S. This might be easier for you to understand http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27909-How-to-Apply-Custom-Themes-in-Windows-7 i forgot where the link was but just found it lol hope this helps.:Smile:

-ultimatekey-
March 19th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Thank you very much Mr. Grim! I had it working! I love the theme. It fits my current backgrounds and windows logon. THANKS! And may I ask what icon packager are you suing? And what icon pack? Thanks again!

Zurkon
May 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Does this theme only work with windows 7 rtm?

mnemonik2001
June 5th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Nice work , great imagination ! the greatness persona!

Chaotic Alucard
April 20th, 2014, 10:52 PM
This is sweet. I love dark-themed things, I don't know why maybe 'cause black is my favorite color...