PDA

View Full Version : Icon Problem

Psych0t1c
November 12th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Ok I applied this iconpackage and everything as working but sometimes the icons get unset or something.
This is a screen of what I mean:

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww128/psych0t1c20/Untitled.png

The silver icons are the ones I applied but sometimes they go back to the yellow ones. Anyone know why or can help?

Marvin
November 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that you have them set to the medium icon view? If so then I get the same with the 7600 RTM Black & Gold Icon Pack X64 that I've installed. The only way around this, as far as I'm aware, is to change your view options to one of the other views ie: list, small icons etc.

Mr GRiM
November 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM
You need to delete the thumbnail cache, this can be done by doing a disk cleanup and ticking thumbnail cache, you may need to restart to take effect.

Psych0t1c
November 27th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that you have them set to the medium icon view? If so then I get the same with the 7600 RTM Black & Gold Icon Pack X64 that I've installed. The only way around this, as far as I'm aware, is to change your view options to one of the other views ie: list, small icons etc.

Yeah mine are medium view.
You need to delete the thumbnail cache, this can be done by doing a disk cleanup and ticking thumbnail cache, you may need to restart to take effect.

Ok yeah I've did that. So far so good. I'll keep you posted.

Marvin
November 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I've just did as you said aswell however it didn't work. After rebooting I was still getting the default colour folder in medium icon view & I discovered in tile view too.

After a further 5 mins of fiddling I found the answer to why. It was because I had thumbnails turned off by having the box checked that's highlighted in the pic below (borrowing pic from sevenforums).

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/12739d1243854206-thumbnail-previews-enable-disable-folder_options.jpg

If I turn off thumbnails again the folders again return to the default colour in medium icon view & tile view so the answer, for me, is to always have thumbnail view turned on.