PDA

View Full Version : Vista Style Builder version 1.4 Windows 7 Fix

Mr GRiM
December 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Many people are using Windows 7 now and allot of people also have Vista Style builder version 1.4, but what allot of people don't know is that there is a problem when saving themes for Windows 7 and although it appears to work at first, it has a problem when trying to login after a restart and goes into a continuous loop.

The reason why that happens is unknown but it has something to do with the numbers of the images being changed when saved, instead of starting at image 508 where it should it instead saves the images starting at 10000, this is a bug know on the Vista Style Builder forum and has been fixed for later versions, there is a fix for this little problem though and is very easy to do.

First go to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder\settings.ini and right click on setting.ini and select edit, now paste FirstImageId=508 after [Settings] and save.

Now the images will be saved starting at 508 and your themes will work correctly.

lefty1981
December 5th, 2009, 01:44 PM
who?

[MRU]
num=1
file1=C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\aero.msstyles
[Settings]
currentSearchType=1

Mr GRiM
December 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
who?

[MRU]
num=1
[Settings]
currentSearchType=1

Like this:

[MRU]
num=1
[Settings]
FirstImageId=508
currentSearchType=1

lefty1981
December 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
it work!puh thank you very very much!^^ :-D

Psych0t1c
December 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks. I was wondering why this happens.

VindicationX
December 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Is that what the problem has been? I was about to pull my hair out trying to figure out why when editing a current VS, making only simple color or font changes, the entire theme 'breaks' and seems to default to the basic Aero theme, no matter what I tried. So, this fix should fix that issue?

Mr GRiM
December 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Is that what the problem has been? I was about to pull my hair out trying to figure out why when editing a current VS, making only simple color or font changes, the entire theme 'breaks' and seems to default to the basic Aero theme, no matter what I tried. So, this fix should fix that issue?

If you are using version 1.4 then this fix is critical and without it you will have a big headache.

cloud7
December 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the fix.

leo_5287
December 29th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks, I'm crazy with it may have you fix this, great :cool:

ramesh_umk3
January 3rd, 2010, 11:38 AM
This path C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder\settings.ini Doesn't exit in my OS Can any one help me out :-?

i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

lefty1981
January 3rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
i'm using ultimate 64 bit and it's work!
have you your computer name write?

C:\Users\ramesh_umk3\AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder\settings.ini

you must do your computer name into "Your User Name"

ramesh_umk3
January 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Buddy I know that. I could not find any Such folder vistastylebuilder :p

Mr GRiM
January 3rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Buddy I know that. I could not find any Such folder vistastylebuilder :p

Have you changed your folder options to show hidden folders?

ramesh_umk3
January 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
[center:2ua1pfdv]No Nothing Like That ....
But I have checked both option in hidden and non hidden Even though i could not find that vistastylebuilder :(

http://i45.tinypic.com/315gy3b.jpg[/center:2ua1pfdv]

Mr GRiM
January 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
[center:3l27vrb9]No Nothing Like That ....
But I have checked both option in hidden and non hidden Even though i could not find that vistastylebuilder :(

http://i45.tinypic.com/315gy3b.jpg[/center:3l27vrb9]

So let me get this right, you have Vista Style Builder V1.4 installed and you are having the problem with images being saved starting at 10000 but there is no Vista Style Builder Directory in Roaming, maybe you need to reinstall Vista Style Builder if that is the case, because it should be there as that is where all your style hacks get saved to as well.

ramesh_umk3
January 4th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Upeee Finally i found it . Yes I have style hack directory in other folder i found that now every thing is fine thanks for response :D

ramesh_umk3
January 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
One Problem With VistaStyleBuilder ...
First of all I am Using Good Theme on my system it has all good features except :S Dark7 style for start menu which i found in ur forum .

==> When I apply Dark7 style to my start menu using vista builder .My theme Automatically changes to default aero theme ..

Is There any Possible to keep both my theme and dark7style start menu style plz guide me XD

thank you waiting for excellent answer :D

Mr GRiM
January 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM
One Problem With VistaStyleBuilder ...
First of all I am Using Good Theme on my system it has all good features except :S Dark7 style for start menu which i found in ur forum .

==> When I apply Dark7 style to my start menu using vista builder .My theme Automatically changes to default aero theme ..

Is There any Possible to keep both my theme and dark7style start menu style plz guide me XD

thank you waiting for excellent answer :D

Sorry I made that Style hack on Windows Style builder ver 1.5 so it mat not be any good for version 1.4, if you upload the msstyle for your theme I will add it with WSB v1.5

ramesh_umk3
January 5th, 2010, 12:27 PM
can u give me download link of Windows Style builder ver 1.5 full :)

thank you :p

ViruS
January 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
:idk: hmmm, some of my friends have this exactly problem too, but have nor installed vista style builder, they just using the themes, but when they want to log in they always get back to the login page...so something is strange...

greetz VS

EDIT

nevermind, i found the prob..i had the NOT updatet Alien theme that was the prob..know its updatet and working ^^:)

gretz

osman_2626
February 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM
very very thanks..
:-D

exzibit23
May 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
@Mr Grim,

do you have english version of win7/vista style builder 1.5 or 1.4?? im very interested in making themes.. so please help me..

-Windows 7 Ultimate x86-

bbosa
July 21st, 2010, 09:30 PM
thanks

a3164599
September 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
i need this too

IceBabee
September 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Great to know! Thank you so much for this awesome piece of info my friend :)