PDA

View Full Version : Serious Icon Problem

Psych0t1c
December 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Ok, I used restorator to change my imageres.dll icons in system32 and syswow64. I did everything correct. For some reason when I restared and went to login I get this error:
Anyone at all know why? I also get this when I try to change my explorerframe icons.

Mr GRiM
December 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Ok, I used restorator to change my imageres.dll icons in system32 and syswow64. I did everything correct. For some reason when I restared and went to login I get this error:

Anyone at all know why? I also get this when I try to change my explorerframe icons.

I don't know how any of you guys manage to do it without the install script that generator made, I tried a few times and it was allays a failure, the only other sure way to do it right for me was to have a dual boot and that way I could go into the other OS to make changes and that way none of the files were in use and could be changed easily, it also gave me the perfect opportunity to delete the icon cache while I was at it.

Of course I realize that dual booting is probably not an option for most people and that is why Sean made the installer, even if you made the changes to the dll's yourself you can still use the installer Sean made, just replace the dll's and install using the install.cmd.

Maybe for the explorer frame and other commonly changed things we could have a similar install.cmd, maybe that is something we will have to request nicely from Sean.

Psych0t1c
December 6th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'm going to try that now with the installer and see how it goes.

Edit: Ok two questions, when you say replace the dlls, do you mean the ones in the download folder? Or the ones in the system32 and syswow64, or both?
And I have a dual boot, so what should I do?

Mr GRiM
December 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I'm going to try that now with the installer and see how it goes.

Edit: Ok two questions, when you say replace the dlls, do you mean the ones in the download folder? Or the ones in the system32 and syswow64, or both?
And I have a dual boot, so what should I do?

Just the ones in the installer folder if your going to use the installer.

Psych0t1c
December 6th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I still get the error.

Mr GRiM
December 6th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I still get the error.

Maybe it's the the way you edited them, you must of done something wrong.

Psych0t1c
December 6th, 2009, 04:35 AM
I still get the error.

All I did was drag and drop.

Mr GRiM
December 6th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I still get the error.

If you upload the dll's I can check them out if you like to see if I can spot any problems.

Psych0t1c
December 6th, 2009, 05:29 AM
[quote=psych0t1c]I still get the error.

If you upload the dll's I can check them out if you like to see if I can spot any problems.[/quote:3kfuxe9o]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zxk8ch
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3dxx00
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7z2vs

Psych0t1c
December 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
See any problems?

Mr GRiM
December 7th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Yes I found the problem it was the logon background image, it has to be a certain file size and yours were too large, I applied the dll's after I fixed the problem and they work fine now but the live folder image that you used it no good because there is no proper front and back image for the live folder.

Psych0t1c
December 7th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah the logon image was from the nvidia os from that rockers site. You think you could possibly make a live folder and fix that?