PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Red Light

Mr GRiM
December 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM

This is the Xtreme Red Theme but with a white explorer Tree and Items view for the old timers who are struggling with the dark one, you only need to add the Xtreme Red Light.msstyle to the Xtreme Red folder and and the Xtreme Red Light.theme file to the theme folder.

Any problems let me know and I will try to fix them.

EDIT: Theme updated to fix problem with Black Window and text on IE Favorites menu and Excel preview background colour.

Download:

Generator2013
December 31st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Damn! I was expecting nude chicks everywhere with the "Red Light" title!! :p

Looks good mate as usual! :)

Mr GRiM
December 31st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Now that's an Idea :p sorry about the miss leading title, I didn't know what else to call it.

Cashis
January 1st, 2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks man I might roll with this for a while. :)
/Edit: Well for today anyway lol I cant seem to keep the same looking desktop for any longer than 24hrs lately. :shock:

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Mr. Grim,

I just noticed one issue. If I open Excel files that are in preview mode background is black and so is favorites menu. I can't get the theme to make it white. .
:idk: Can you help?

Here are some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zardoc/Divers/ExcelBlackBackground.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zardoc/Divers/FavoritesBlackBackground.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr GRiM
January 2nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
First post updated, not sure if it will solve your problem with Excel so let me know if doesn't and I will try to look into it.

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Favorites OK.

However, the Excel issue is still there :D'oh!:

Mr GRiM
January 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not seeing that problem in Excel, but I am using the 2010 Beta so it may be the reason.

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
LOL, Love the Deviantart dude or dudet :roflmao:

Issue has nothing to do with Excel but rather preview background.

To see the issue, you must use page preview. If you open a spreadsheet it doesn't open as a page preview. Open an excel file that you have, choose the View menu and choose page break view. This shows what will print and what will not in the page. The background of non printed file will remain light grey not Black as your theme does in this case. This way you can add formulas or macros that will not be seen in page.

You fixed part of the problem. The fonts. They should stay Black and that is what it does now.

Look here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zardoc/Divers/ExcelBlackBackground002.png

It should look like this. (This is default Aero)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zardoc/Divers/ExcelBlackBackground003.png

Mr GRiM
January 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
I wish I could see the same thing your seeing because I could fix it then but this is what I get in the Page Break Preview

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Can You PM me an Email address I will send that file.

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Done.

You have to have some info in the file to see it.

You will understand as soon as you see it.

This will certainly help with other themes that users like me want to use but can't because some default settings prevent us from seeing our files.

Thanks.

Mr GRiM
January 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
OK thats fixed too, it was also a colour for the button shadow light, first post updated.

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
You da man!! FIXED!!

Can this recipe be kept with your other Light themes (If you decide to make some) call it Light section for old Farts!!! lol .

I also really like Extreme Blue. Can you apply the same settings and creat a Blue Light?

Thanks a bunch.

;)

Zardoc
January 2nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
Mr. Grim.

Can you tell me if this has something to do with the theme?

Not seeing icons on download?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zardoc/Divers/ExtremeRedDownloads.png

Thanks for your input.

yolo78
January 3rd, 2010, 12:31 AM
HELP! I think the zip file at the beginning is missing the Xtreme Red Light.theme file, unless it's somewhere else and I just can't find it (I tried searching your site). This "light" version will help me to use older Win XP programs that don't support the Aero interface. Thanks for your help!!

Also, I love your themes, they absolutely rock! I'm finally in love with my computer!!

Zardoc
January 3rd, 2010, 03:48 AM
I must say, he is one of the best!!

:cool:

xPreatorianx
January 4th, 2010, 10:24 PM
ROFL I'm not an old timer. Just have crappy vision. I'm 19 :P. But I invested in a widescreen 1080P LCD screen so I should be able to enjoy your themes better! But thanks for the tweak for people with bad vision like me. It helps a lot to know someone actually cares instead of just saying "get over it or fix it yourself"!

Gorgoroth
January 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Mr. Grim
Sorry my english s not werry well

i have a problem...
Xtreme red light - i don't see "www" in mozilla firefox because background and fonts is black.
Xtreme Red theme - Autodesk Inventor 2010 it's exacly the same problem... black fonts and background...

Please help me

Mr GRiM
January 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry mate I fixed the firefox problem but I don't know where the problem is for Autodesk, try changing some colours in the advanced appearance setting.

dread
January 14th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Wonderful, nice work Mr Grim :)

I have a question --> Do you have the orb of this theme ? (Like Xtrem Green or Xtrem purple )

Mr GRiM
January 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah sure it's right here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27467-Start-Orbs?p=154857&viewfull=1#post154857

Icydead
January 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I dont know how you, but I dont see any Xtreme Red Light.theme in rar. Only Xtreme Red Light.msstyles...any advice ? :)

Mr GRiM
January 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry about that, first post updated and now includes all 3 Xtreme Red themes

Icydead
January 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
nice, thank you :)

mister_don
March 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
because I can see so lines?
thanks

talatruong
March 24th, 2010, 01:46 AM
thank a lot :D

tonyk120
March 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Excellent, had to change window color to background (white) text (dark gray) and that fixed the MS application coloring problems.

An Old Fart :)

stin
April 2nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks Mr Grimm,I am abut to be one of those old farts :party2:
stin

Big V
April 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Mr. Grim

i have a problem...
Xtreme red light - i don't see "www" in mozilla firefox because background and fonts is black.
Xtreme Red theme - Autodesk Inventor 2010 it's exacly the same problem... black fonts and background...

Please help me

Sorry mate I fixed the firefox problem but I don't know where the problem is for Autodesk, try changing some colours in the advanced appearance setting.
Mr grim is this fix for firefox included in the first post or do i need to downloaded it also? Plus can you post an instruction on how to change the clock? i figured out the wmp but have no clue on the clock. Thanks again your theme rocks

Big V
April 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Hi Mr. Grim

i have a problem...

Please help me

Mr grim is this fix for firefox included in the first post or do i need to downloaded it also? Plus can you post an instruction on how to change the clock? i figured out the wmp but have no clue on the clock. Thanks again your theme rocksOk i figured out how to change the clock but i have a small issue the shadowing on clock it is almost to the point where the clock is not readable can this be toned down a bithttp://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8764/jshotbv.jpg

darkside
April 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Nice theme XD

maansu16
April 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
nice theme

sete
September 9th, 2010, 04:01 AM
thanks MR Grim!!

powers11
September 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM
lol lol lol lol lol

edee
September 27th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Kudos Mr. Grimm !
I do not normally go for red themes but this one is done with taste , this one will stay on my desktop for a while . :cool:

roman2553
August 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mr Grim I love you theme Xtreme Red Lighte bath the zip is broken pleas pleas pleas upgrade with nuweone
Thank so math:f:

Mr GRiM
August 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Zip seems fine to me, you need to use winrar or 7-zip to unpack it :)

NAHOM
September 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM
This is very nice theme Mr grim thanks for sharing:loving:

Letícia®
December 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
thanks for this update:girl::D:cool:

ashalex
June 18th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Good job!: Smile:

army181
August 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM
couldn't figure out where to post this but i had some friends looking at my comp today and wanted to know where i got them at ( your zero g and your HUD in red) really impressed them so i sent them your link hope that was ok Mr Grim master of all theme makers they are amazing !!!!

Robbo
May 8th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Cool theme Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) will go nice with my collection thanks for sharing.

Samhita
September 11th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Beautiful Work...................Thanks