PDA

View Full Version : question about OS image

Kameirus
January 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM
ok i wanna get a 1tb hd when i get my tax refund and i want to use it as my OS drive ...is there a way to clone my current OS and put it on the new HD or am i gonna have to reinstall the OS ..
and if there is a way to do it which is the best program to do it with

Thanks

Cashis
January 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Hmmm interesting question, personally I have no idea and have never really searched but as ive been thinking about it just briefly all i can suggest is just to do a clean install on the new drive.I usually do a clean install once every 1 - 2 weeks but i understand this aint the case for most people.

Sorry I cant be much help hopefully others will help aswell. :)

bgjerlow designs
January 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Easy as pie :) You just gotta use Acronis True Image Home to backup the old drive to the new drive, go to your BIOS change boot options and you should be able to boot your OS from your new HDD.

Minotar
January 26th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Basically create an image/back up of your current C partition using Acronis,Paragon etc
Then boot the restore disc and make it restore to the new hard drive,then once its finished either extend the partition or create some other basic volumes.

Kameirus
January 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
cool thanks
will give it a try
just hate to do a clean install after i finally got my system setup the way i want it

bgjerlow designs
January 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Good luck Kameirus :)