PDA

View Full Version : Replace HDD Icons & Taskbar

TTSquad
January 31st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hey people. wow this forum has grown massive over the last few months!!

I am trying to change windows HDD icons which I have using restorator but the only problem is when you click on my computer they appear but when you are saving a file and have the option via the save menu the drive icons appear as default icons images?? any ideas?

Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong or tell me how to replace HDD icons using restorator as i might have done it wrong :( how many .dll files do i have to amend for HDD icons to show correctly?

I would also like to know how to replace taskbar image please.

Any help is much appreciated & thank you :D

lefty1981
January 31st, 2010, 03:11 PM
you must clear the icon-cache!
have a look on this thread.

TTSquad
January 31st, 2010, 03:18 PM
I have mate, do you mean this?

do you mean run this under cmd
cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a

I have tried this, it has caused me alot of problems....roxio, office, alien fx editor, O&O defrag all lost their original icons i had to reinstall programs to get them back..my office program is still messed up.

do you have a link for me please? i have tried editing Grim's icon pack and adding hdd icons so then i can apply install but still no luck.

mast3rpwns
January 31st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Heres a HDD icon changer.

TTSquad
February 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I have tried this, it has caused me alot of problems....roxio, office, alien fx editor, O&O defrag all lost their original icons i had to reinstall programs to get them back..my office program is still messed up.

do you have a link for me please? i have tried editing Grim's icon pack and adding hdd icons so then i can apply install but still no luck.

can someone help i have been stuck on this for a week now :(