PDA

View Full Version : Icon problem.

mast3rpwns
February 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Well, i restarted my computer today and this happened.

i tryed uninstalling my icon pack.. any help?

Thanks in advance.

Mr GRiM
February 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Well, i restarted my computer today and this happened.

i tryed uninstalling my icon pack.. any help?

Thanks in advance.

That's bad news mate, try opening the imageres.dll with Restorator and have a look at the icons and they are O then try deleting the icon and thumbnail cache again to see if that makes any difference.

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2010, 01:23 AM
This happened to me before, I tried everything with the restorator icon changers, didnt work, I then did setup repair and then it was fine...

That's a bit extreme to go for a repair install, the first thing you should try would be opening an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and that will restore all your default system files.

Cashis
February 6th, 2010, 04:51 AM
I think this has been posted before and solved, from memory it is a Shell32.dll issue.

What i would do is what GRiM said to run "sfc /scannow"

Or go into you directory and see how many "imageres.dll, imagesp1.dll and Shell32.dll's" there are in there and delete all the backed up ones so you just have 1 of each .dll in the directory then restart or clear icon Cache and thumbnail's.

mast3rpwns
February 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I cleared the icon cache and thimbnail.. still got the problem, so i'm doing the "sfc /scannow" thing now..

Hopfully it works.. -.-"

mast3rpwns
February 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
No luck guys... didn't work.

any more sugguestions? xD

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Disk cleanup and delete the thumbnail cache if you didn't already.

When you run sfc /scannow did it find any errors and tell you restart to take effect and after the restart were all your other customizations gone like start orb, themes and so on?

mast3rpwns
February 7th, 2010, 01:10 AM
yeah, all my themes and start orbs were gone.. and the icons still didn't work.. -.-"

I ran diskcleanup and cleared both the icon and thumbnail cache.

There really is no other thing to do now but reinstall windows yes?

lol