PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Theme question ... Field Image number?

Fastpop
February 7th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hallo....

can anyone tell me........ I use the Restorators ..... which image number has the field you see here :

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1157/colorf.png

Mr GRiM
February 8th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hallo....

can anyone tell me........ I use the Restorators ..... which image number has the field you see here :

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1157/colorf.png

If you are talking about the tree view colour then it's not an image, it's a colour and it can only be changed with a Hex editor or Windows Style Builder.

Here is a guide to edit it with a Hex Editor.

Software used:
Restorator
EF Commander free
Hex Editor XVI32
Any graphic editor(like photoshop, used only for number of color in hex(like white is FC FC FC)

Steps:
1) Open restorator, load aero.msstyles go to VARIANT and click on NORMAL and extract as NORMAL.res
2) Open NORMAL.res in Hex Editor. GO TO adress posted in Six9siX's post (2c180 and similar). They might to be different, but will not be far from that adress, just search for FC FC FC.
3) Change to chosen color(in hex so for eg. 55 72 70)
4) save file(overwrite NORMAL.res)
5) Go back/open Restorator and drag NORMAL.res to NORMAL in restorator. There should be a little arrow on the NORMAL file within Restorator after this.
6) Save file
7) Ctrl+Ald+del to open manager
8) Right click on desktop choose Personalize and choose basic windows.
9) open EF Commander Free and browse to the aero folder in windows/resources, and to aero file you just modded.
10) Turn off process Explorer.exe in the manager
11) Copy modified aero.msstyles to windows/resources(overwrite)
12) in the manager clik File>...new... and enter explorer.exe.
13) Apply the earo style in Personalize.

ghazalo
March 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM
dear sir you looks expert with the hex in win 7 i have this theme and i give up to shift the shutdown bottom to the right see the picUntitled.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]41109