PDA

View Full Version : Reaper - Cpustatus

mast3rpwns
February 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Well, i was bored and had a reaper theme..

i put a installer in the .zip
change the destination to "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadget"

or you could just go to start menu and type "shell:gadgets" and place the "reaper.gadget" folder there.

Mr GRiM
February 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM

change the destination to "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadget"

or you could just go to start menu and type "shell:gadgets" and place the "reaper.gadget" folder there.

Looks good, any chance you could use a brighter text colour please when posting, I find that dark blue very hard to read on the Xtreme skin, also the gadgets are meant to go in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

And if you want to make a proper installer for your gadget then all you need is the installer for another gadget, rename it and use 7-Zip to open the archive and delete the contents and then just open the gadget folder and put all the contents in the installer.

mast3rpwns
February 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM

Looks good, any chance you could use a brighter text colour please when posting, I find that dark blue very hard to read on the Xtreme skin, also the gadgets are meant to go in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

And if you want to make a proper installer for your gadget then all you need is the installer for another gadget, rename it and use 7-Zip to open the archive and delete the contents and then just open the gadget folder and put all the contents in the installer.

Thanks mate that helps alot.

and yeah i'll stop useing font colors.

also.. Do you know how i can change the gadgets name inside the gadgets menu?

Mr GRiM
February 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah it's in the Gadget.xml, open it with notepad and change the name in <name>Text</name> and save.

PS feel free to use colours, just make it readable that's all