PDA

View Full Version : How to install or which dock software to use ?

KNiGHTWRiTAZ
February 23rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Hey guys everything okay,

Have a small question and I hope that someone is willing or can help me out.
First off big thanks to Mr. Grim and others, the VistaGlazz works like a charm for changing custom themes.

and with Restorator 2007 also changed the explorer.exe without any hasle ;)

So the next step is like the title says, which software or modification to use to get the dock like in the example below !
Used the example desktop theme of Mr Grim to show what I exactly mean :

Ooh yeah almost forgot I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit as OS

http://i49.tinypic.com/69l2mh.jpg

Did take a look for Rocketdock, Objectdock of Stardock and Nexus << but not sure if it's safe to use , so I wanted to hear/see your opinion and
which is the best and savest method.

Best Regards,

mast3rpwns
February 23rd, 2010, 02:44 AM
To me it just looks like regular programs with custom icons on them..

try and google "fences" see if that's what you mean.

KNiGHTWRiTAZ
February 23rd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Hey mast3rpwns,
thank for your quick reply,

but no I mean like this Youtube video :
[youtube:48aey8ia]XEcJn54Vnno[/youtube:48aey8ia]

What I'm interested in, is there an other method besides to install 3rd party software to obtain dock (icons) on the desktop !

and if the software I mentioned above #01 is the only method, which would y'all recommend.

Best Regards,

Kameirus
February 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
rocket dock is free and i like it
stardock objectdock is free also but if you want all the bells and whistles you woul;d have to upgrade to object dock plus which costs money
never heard of nexus
id go with rocket dock

KNiGHTWRiTAZ
February 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
rocket dock is free and i like it
stardock objectdock is free also but if you want all the bells and whistles you woul;d have to upgrade to object dock plus which costs money
never heard of nexus
id go with rocket dock

Okay thanks for your opinion Kameirus, but does RocketDock support Win 7 64-Bit ?

curious what other has to say also. ;)

ViruS
February 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
im using rocket dock too...
runs great and stable..im on win 7 64bit also ;)

:D

PS..i tried nexus too, but was too unstable and overloaded...
Rocketdock also has an small ram footprint so is "my" best choice^^
and you can also easylie make your own skins with photoshop..dunno if its different in other App Launchers.....

greetz^^

Mr GRiM
February 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Rocketdock here too, always used it and love it, I use my own custom skins for it too and it works fine on x64

KNiGHTWRiTAZ
February 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Okay guys just installed RocketDock and loving it and it runs smooth.

Thanks for you comment ViruS & Mr. Grim, really appreciate it ;)

Best Regards, :cool:

Pretorian
March 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
PROBLEM with rocketdock

I don't see the reason to open a new topic. I knew about object dock software... I have never used such software before because I found it unnecessary even it was pretty fancy. But now that I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate on 32 bits I was astonished by the taskbar and the start menu but I also felt A REAL need for a dock software (no option for classic start menu, if a shortcut was on quicklaunch bar you can not open two or more instances of it...).
Anyway, I went with rocket dock.
It is amazing... works very smooth. I also installed stacks docklet for it which really makes it more useful. Now I have the feeling that this would successfully and totally replace the default taskbar and windows star menu.
BUT

now comes the problem...

Even if I selected it to be always on top of all windows and also the autohide option when I hoover with the mouse cursor where the dock is supposed to be... SOMETIMES it appears under the other opened windows (for example under Firefox).
I searched the google and haven't found a solution for that.
Also when pressing show desktop or Win+D rocketdock will not appear at all.
I didn't checked the option "Popup on Mouseover" from "Behavior" section. Do you have the same problem? If not, do you that option checked?