PDA

View Full Version : request red version of mr grim's midnight theme

ilovednb
February 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
hi i really like the midnight theme made by mr grim but thing is i am a red person (computer is black and red, speakers are black and red and keybord is black and red) so the blue theme does not really fit in hehe. so it would be really nice if someone could change the taskbar and text color (with mr grim's premission that is) if so i would be very happy.

ilovednb
March 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
oh well.. if it is any help i know my way around photoshop so i could change the images my self (if i could find a free alternertive to vista style builder to get them out of the theme files that is) but that does not help me on the text colour. for that i think i would need some kind of style builder.

wraithxiv
March 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
You can use Restorator 2007. Just open up the style in it and extract the images. You can get a trial from the site or find it "else where". That's what I am using.

ilovednb
March 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
You can use Restorator 2007. Just open up the style in it and extract the images. You can get a trial from the site or find it "else where". That's what I am using.

thanks changing the color now ..... damn its a lot of work doing it one by one hehe but i think it will look nice after iam done

ilovednb
March 8th, 2010, 07:26 AM
ok changed all blue images now can someone change the font color and make it use able (donno how to get the images back in the .msstyle)
link to changed images:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nlwq5lzz0jn

Mr GRiM
March 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Just use Restorator again to add them back, drag the whole folder back into it.

ilovednb
March 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
ok thanks

btw em i the only on the get errors saying the link is broken all the time on this site

Mr GRiM
March 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM
ok thanks

by the way em i the only on the get errors saying the link is broken all the time on this site

If you find any links that don't work can you let me know I will try to fix them.

ilovednb
March 9th, 2010, 09:39 AM
well.. they all work i just have to refresh the site 4+ times

i have been having this problem for the last coupel og weeks

ilovednb
March 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
hmm whatever was wrong seems to be fixed now.... anyhow when i save stuff from restorator 2007 it says that it adds some extra lines and when i then try to use the theme it does not apply the theme it says it does but it just shows the same theme as before... is that because iam using a trial of restorator or em i just doing somthing wrong?

Mr GRiM
March 11th, 2010, 11:04 PM
It's because your doing something wrong, you can't replace a file with Restorator when it's in use, so you either need to stop that file from being in use or save to the desktop and then take ownership and give yourself full control of the original, then rename it .bak and then paste the new one in.

What file were you trying to modify?

ilovednb
March 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Midnight.msstyles
iam not using the file at all (em using another theme) so i cant be what you say that is the problem

what i was trying to do was to replace the image folder in the msstyles file with restorator and then save it so when i then use the midnight theme it will show the red images insted of the blue one but when i do this it does not change the theme if i click it (it says it does but it still show the theme i used before). so it kinda looks to me like it does not see the image files