PDA

View Full Version : SOUND AND WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER DON'T WORK

Q Money
March 12th, 2010, 04:13 AM
after installing the blackglass icons (which look great) my sound doesn't work and neither does my windows media player-it doesn't play any files now...WTF!!

Mr GRiM
March 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Are you using a Creative Sound Card?

If so then Uninstall the icons and then replace the shell32.dll with your default one in the Icon packs data folder and then install the icons again.

ViruS
March 25th, 2010, 05:16 AM
jup^^ like Mr.GRIM said...
But a lil bit more infos on your system would be nice to figure out why you experincing this error..if i may call it like that..

what win you got? 32 or 64bit?
soundcard? or onboard?
etc etc..

because i have an simmilar problem....

greetz Virus

dominatingu_83
March 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
after installing the blackglass icons (which look great) my sound doesn't work and neither does my windows media player-it doesn't play any files now...WTF!!

Q Money, I had the same problem when I did mine. I Have a dell 1737. I when to Dell's site, and re-downloaded my driver. Mine sound and WMP is back in good shape. Hope this helps you man..

-DominatingU_83-

greg0323
April 20th, 2010, 03:16 AM
I'm also having a problem with my sound not working... also video in youtube freezing.

I have tried both of the above mentioned fixes, First Uninstalling the Glossy Blue Pack then renaming and copying shell32.dll to both System32 and Syswow64 folder, from the data folder included with the pack. Then reinstall the pack.

Then, I uninstalled again, got my sound back then reinstalled again, and downloaded my driver from dell and installed it with no help too.

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit
I have a Alienware M1700 Laptop
with a IDT High Definition Audio card.

Any suggestions would be great.... I really love how this icons look and would like to install them.

Thanks

Mr GRiM
April 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
if your having problems with sound the best thing to do is replace the shell32 with the installer, with your default shell32 and then install, you will still have all the main icons and you should have no problem with sound.

greg0323
April 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM
if your having problems with sound the best thing to do is replace the shell32 with the installer, with your default shell32 and then install, you will still have all the main icons and you should have no problem with sound.

That worked great thanks for the advise.

:cool: