PDA

View Full Version : Start Orb won't change.

DanFriday
March 20th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I've tried several times to change the start orb and it wont change. I followed the instructions adding R .exe to its folder and yet it still wont change. The screen does flicker as if its changed but its still the
original orb. Any ideas ????
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Danfriday/starorb.jpg42928 (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Danfriday/starorb.jpg)

mansrm81
March 20th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Have you tired running the program when its extracted?

DanFriday
March 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Have you tired running the program when its extracted?
Yes and I get the same results, Nothing.

mansrm81
March 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I haven't used that program before so I wouldn't know what to do. I used restorator to change mine.

lefty1981
March 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
you must every time you used the program open this with administration-rights and your problem is gone!
i think you have the program not open with admin-rights.
make rightclick on the exe and open as adminstrator.

DanFriday
March 21st, 2010, 12:48 AM
you must every time you used the program open this with administration-rights and your problem is gone!
i think you have the program not open with admin-rights.
make rightclick on the exe and open as adminstrator.
I'm doing that and it's still not working. I even reinstalled changer and rtied again, still not working. Any other ideas???????

lefty1981
March 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
have you take ownership of the explore.exe?

mast3rpwns
March 21st, 2010, 02:11 AM
take ownership of explorer.exe, disable UAC, disable your antivirus (or add the program to your exeptions list), run as admin.

If none of the above work, try changing the orb then opening taskmanager, end explorer.exe, then click "file/newtask (run...) and type "C:\Windows\explorer.exe" it worked for me when my orb changer didn't work.

ASTIGthelegend
March 28th, 2015, 04:19 PM
i have the same problem,,do u have a tutorial video on how change it ??