PDA

View Full Version : We don't mess with PSHED.dll when loading custom themes do w

stin
March 24th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I had a crash earlier and looked at bluescreenview,it said something about this,I'm just wondering if when I applied the midnight theme from Mr Grimm does that dll get messed with? I think not,but I thought I would ask anyway.I been using a 4gb thumb drive for readyboost.It has been giving drive errors lately.It gave a error at the very time of the crash.I don't think I need readyboost anymore with Windows 7 ultimate 64bit,4gb of ram and only using 28%,what you all think?I took it out.

stin

xPreatorianx
March 24th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Here is what PSHED.dll is.

The file PSHED.DLL is part of the component that enables hardware errors to be generated.

Sounds like a virus or something screwed your system. GUI themes don't mess with that at all. Unless of course your GUI crashes then it would call that DLL along with some other stuff to report on the error.

Do this, run Command prompt in administrator mode. You know CMD.exe. Then type in the command prompt
SFC /scannow

Notice the space inbetween SFC and /scannow.

This will find any corrupted or missing DLL's and repair them. Keep in mind because you patched your theme DLL's they are now considered corrupt to SFC. So does any other theme or GUI related files you messed with. So you will have to start the procedure of enabling custom themes all over again. But this should fix that problem at least i'm 90% sure.

EDIT: That includes a modified explorer.exe to add a start button. Everything you modified that has to do with installing a custom theme on here will be reverted as SFC will download fresh files. As well as anything else on your system that is corrupt. It's a pain but it will fix the problem hopefully.

stin
March 24th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Thanks,I swear I believe it was the thumb drive that had readyboost on it,it has got corrupted before and the system did it's own sfc\scan after a reboot.I removed it,i don't need it anymore.I have enough ram,and big enough page file.it has been giving errors now everyday for a week or so.I tracked it down the best I could with it was the ntfs.sys error,which can come from a readyboost fat32 thumb drive.I hope so anyway.I hate to kill the new theme,all though I could do it over easy now,it took me quite a while to get it right!Thanks man

stin