PDA

View Full Version : Change color of background

Wayneh38
April 1st, 2010, 05:23 AM
Hello can you tell me in wsb to find these background I would like to make them clear Thank you

Mr GRiM
April 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
1. Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > Window:Color

2/3. Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > FillColor:Color

Wayneh38
April 1st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thank You :cool:

Wayneh38
April 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
I changed the areas and 1 in picture is still white. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. It seem to work when I test it ,but when I save it and try the theme it is white again .When I close style builder and reopen the theme it shows the changes. I have tried everything to keep my changes, but nothing works. Thank you

Mr GRiM
April 2nd, 2010, 08:51 AM
That's because you need to create a new theme file to override the old settings, once you have put the theme in the theme directory and selected it from the personalization menu, open it again style builder and hit test and then stop the test and you will notice that colour will now be correct but if you select the theme again now in the personalization menu it will go back to white.

So instead now set the colours again in the personalization menu and whatever else you want to customize in there and then save it as a new theme and that will create a new theme file, you can then find that new theme file in C:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and then you can take it out of there and put it in the other theme directory in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and delete the old theme file.

Now you can select it from the installed themes menu again and it will have the correct colours.

Wayneh38
April 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
thank you very much for your time

Wayneh38
April 3rd, 2010, 06:58 AM
one more thing I have a all glass theme and when I install ur theme pack it adds the white panel in two screens of the control panel. I have read post on changing the panels in the shell32. when I change the images to black and restart they are still white. I am changing 632 and 634 to black. is there something else I need to change. I am trying to learn so any help would be appreciated.