PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing Midnight Glass (Mr.Grim) Win7 theme

AzJazz
April 13th, 2010, 11:07 PM
While I really like a LOT about Mr. Grim's Midnight Glass theme, there are a few areas that make it unusable for me. There are certain text fields that are totally unreadable.

MS Word / MS Excel / MS Access are much more difficult for me to read as well.

As a result, I need to uninstall the Midnight Glass theme. However, selecting a different (more standard) Win7 theme has resulted in faded lettering in many windows that appears like the text is semi-transparent and letting the background imagery through.

Can anybody help me with fully removing the Midnight Glass theme? Or, as an alternative, help me remove the text transparency issue?

Thank you!

AJazz

ViruS
April 13th, 2010, 11:30 PM
öhm, did you turned off Blackglassenhanced or glass.exe..
what ever came with this theme?

cause that really sounds like you have it on^^
watch in the tray and look for it, and then disable it in autostart and it should work fine again..

go to--> Run ---> msconfig -- press enter..
there you should find glass.exe or whatever you use and disable it^^

greetz VS

AzJazz
April 15th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I couldn't find anything "glass"-like in any of my MSConfig Startup items.

Any other ideas?

Mr GRiM
April 23rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
You would be using the Full Glass mod that came with the theme and you might have put it in the start up folder which is the only place to make it run at start up, open the start menu and go to all programs find the startup folder and delete the fullglass.exe mod, then close full glass in the system tray and close any open explorer windows.

JoseyWales
April 23rd, 2010, 10:19 PM
follow these instuctions and this will restore all of the changed files back to the original digitally signed files that came with windows.

1. Open a elevated command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

3. When the scan is complete, hopefully you will see all is ok.
The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.

4. When done, close the elevated command prompt.

NOTE: If not, then you can attempt to run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occured to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.

to see the log file afterwards if you want do this:

1. Open a elevated command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt and press Enter.
NOTE: This will place a sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop with the SFC scan details from the CBS.LOG.

3. Close the elevated command prompt.

4. Open the sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop to see the SFC scan details in the CBS.LOG.

5. You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like.