PDA

View Full Version : Explorer items view text glow

Dave Senior
April 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I n Vista you could add text glow or text shadow to explorer items view text; does any body know if this can be done in windows 7?.
Also can the searchbox font be changed?.
I,m struggling with these,and wondering if the ability to do this in 7 has gone.

Vista screenshot

Mr GRiM
April 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I don't know about the glow as I have never tried it, I'm not a fan of the whole glow thing :p but the search font can be and it should be this one although there may also be another place to add a property to change it:

Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > IconTitleFont:Font

Dave Senior
April 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I don't know about the glow as I have never tried it, I'm not a fan of the whole glow thing :p but the search font can be and it should be this one although there may also be another place to add a property to change it:

Cheers for the font location,you could change it else where in vista but the location doesn,t work for 7 .
I,ve had an hour on the items view text shadow, no joy yet. I have come up with this though,I,m still finishing it at the moment, it effects quite a lot of area,s.I thought this one looked pretty good my self.
Have a good one and thanks again.

Mr GRiM
April 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Cheers for the font location,you could change it else where in vista but the location doesn,t work for 7 .
I,ve had an hour on the items view text shadow, no joy yet. I have come up with this though,I,m still finishing it at the moment, it effects quite a lot of area,s.I thought this one looked pretty good my self.
Have a good one and thanks again.
Have a good one and thanks again.[/quote:18f8ostm]

That's a good result, where did you have to add the properties for that one?

nofx1994
May 17th, 2010, 02:36 AM
yeah that is a really cool effect i would like to know where you added that aswell

Dave Senior
May 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
yeah that is a really cool effect i would like to know where you added that aswell

Thanks, theres a demo stylehack and the locations for that one here mate.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1693 (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1693)
;)