PDA

View Full Version : advanced menu pop up text color

X-ile
April 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I was just surfing doing some research for text color's and on the WSB forum they don't even know, well in the posts that I read, they may have found it by now, thats just amazing to me that no one can find that text color, I have seen it in a few theme's where it was changed to blue so it can be done, someone somewhere some how knows this answer. lol hope we find it before win8 is released :D

Dave Senior
April 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Do you mean the black text in system properties menu , if so which themes have it changed.I,ve looked hard for that text myself.
Thanks,bye

Mr GRiM
April 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Sorry which one is that again, what is the advanced menu pop up?

X-ile
May 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Advanced properties pop up.

The Bull's, Blue 7 theme, has it changed to blue.

I already asked him how and he never replied, so I'm guessing it was like that when he built from it or it is a style hack.
but it's like an ancient Chinese Secret. lol

Dave Senior
May 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM

I already asked him how and he never replied, so I'm guessing it was like that when he built from it or it is a style hack.

I thought you meant the black text in the system properties menu_ I,d like to know that one,any ideas Mr GRiM

Mr GRiM
May 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM

I thought you meant the black text in the system properties menu_ I,d like to know that one,any ideas Mr GRiM

Those changes are from my themes X-ile, like all of Bulls themes, he has stolen from me and just changed a few images and called it his own, he has never made a full theme himself and he didn't tell you how it was done because he doesn't have a clue.

Unfortunately that is not the black text in the properties windows that can not be changed, it's the read only text that is the problem, when you test your theme you have the read only edit box and that text is always black, if someone can figure out that one I think we will have some luck, the checkbox and radio buttons are simple to change, all you need to do is add a TextColor:color property and also one for hot if you like, so it changes on mouse over, all of those locations are:

Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > RadioButton > TextColor:Color
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > RadioButton > UncheckedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > RadioButton > UncheckedPressed
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > RadioButton > CheckedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > RadioButton > CheckedPressed

Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox >TextColor:Color
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > UncheckedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > UncheckedPressed
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > CheckedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > CheckedPressed
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > MixedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > MixedPressed
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > ImplicitHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > ImplicitPressed
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > ExcludedHot
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox > ExcludedPressed

Dave Senior
May 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM
I agree about the system properties black text, and there maybe a way down the tree to change the read only text,it will probably break other things though :td:

Edit:I changed the text but the read only boxes dissappear and the search and combo boxes go white,I,m calling it a day on this one! :td:

X-ile
May 2nd, 2010, 01:45 AM
thanks so much for the help here, I'm so glad to see when people make their own art, I think when people just change a couple things, thats ok for your first theme or two but be creative and change things to make something truly yours and not just a couple images.

really this is a great place to be.

Mr GRiM
May 2nd, 2010, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE=Dave Senior;162502]I agree about the system properties black text, and there maybe a way down the tree to change the read only text,it will probably break other things though :td:

Edit:I changed the text but the read only boxes dissappear and the search and combo boxes go white,I,m calling it a day on this one! :td:

Good effort anyway mate, shame it still didn't change the black text in the properties though.