PDA

View Full Version : How to change Systray icons

Tieske
May 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Hello ppl

First sorry for my bad English :)

With the program PS Tray Factory you can change the systray icons (use google to find the program with a cr4ck). However the program has to start with windows otherwise you get the default icons back :).

I know you can hide the icons too.

Here is my screen of the icons i changed;

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4895/bureaublad1.jpg

TTSquad
May 30th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Finally, hopefully you can help me mate, I have been trying to do this for soooo long now it's silly.

I have download PS Tray Factory but I am still unable to get my icons to change....none of them change (volume/Nod32/Network/AlienFX/uTorrent) :( I wanted to change the icons in sys tray to match my other icons by TOKEN

I am using windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Please help I would be forever greateful :D

Thanks You!

JoseyWales
May 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM
i change mine by going into the program folder of what is residing in the tray and changing to icon for the tray exec there. i havn't tried it with any of the native windows progams like volume though. i'll mess around and see what i can come up with though. i'll get back to you...

TTSquad
May 30th, 2010, 10:39 PM
thanks mate look forward to hearing from you soon.

Can anyone else help aswell maybe ?

Tieske
May 31st, 2010, 06:15 AM
Finally, hopefully you can help me mate, I have been trying to do this for soooo long now it's silly.

I have download PS Tray Factory but I am still unable to get my icons to change....none of them change (volume/Nod32/Network/AlienFX/uTorrent) :( I wanted to change the icons in sys tray to match my other icons by TOKEN

I am using windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Please help I would be forever greateful :D

Thanks You!

Which version you downloaded? I got version 3.0.

The icons have to be .ico format. When you have changed your icons with the option "properties" in the program, you have to push apply. Otherwise they wont change. See my screen;
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4283/pstrayproperties.jpg

I am using also win 7 ultimate 64 bit so it has to work :)

TTSquad
May 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
I'm using PS Tray 3.2 will that matter?

btw way what icons are you managing to change cos I can change absolutly none :(

JoseyWales
May 31st, 2010, 02:37 PM
i read up on if the icons can be changed for volume and the other microsoft tray icons but everything is saying you can't change them, but thats Microsoft. i think they are stored in a .dll like shell32.dll and that would have to be modifed with resource hacker i believe. one of the skin guru's might be able to stear you in the right direction..

Tieske
May 31st, 2010, 04:05 PM
I'm using PS Tray 3.2 will that matter?

by the way way what icons are you managing to change cos I can change absolutly none :(

I tried version 3.2 and that is working perfectly.

Following icons i managed to change:

- Avast
- ATI
- Winamp
- Printer icon
- Utorrent

screen;
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7083/systrayb.jpg