PDA

View Full Version : How dey do dat?

wassamatteru
June 8th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Anybody know how the stripy effect is achieved on the taskbar? Is it applied programatically or is there an underlying image somewhere? As you can see it's particularly ugly on my wide vertical taskbar and I'd really like to get rid of it or pretty it up some.

mauam
June 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Well wassamatteru i don't know very well how they do that, maybe with that program, take a look :)

wassamatteru
June 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Er no. This is the default Aero effect on a vertical taskbar. My initial thought was that it was done by merging with a bitmap found in Shell32 but changing the bitmap had absolutely no effect and I've not found any other candidates so far. Just wondered if somebody had stumbled on the secret!

Dave Senior
June 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I think this image is located in the .msstyle-if you have Windows Style Builder it can be found here-
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWMWindow> Reflections > Main -make this image transparent.

I could be wrong, this image also appears in the top of the explorer window and explorer if you are using fullglass.

Worth a try though.

wassamatteru
June 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think this image is located in the .msstyle-if you have Windows Style Builder it can be found here-
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWMWindow> Reflections > Main -make this image transparent.

I could be wrong, this image also appears in the top of the explorer window and explorer if you are using fullglass.

Worth a try though.

Yup, that works although you have to make all four images in Reflection transparent to be rid of it entirely. Thanks for that. Now I can do some fiddling to see if a more pleasing effect is possible or it's best left forgotten.