PDA

View Full Version : [Tool] Se7en Theme Source patcher v0.3 Build 3003

Fixit
June 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Hi, Here is one of my tools to help you customize your complete system in one go.

Se7en Theme Source Patcher

Download: 7tsp_GUI_v0.4_B(2015)
http://www.xptsp.com/get.php?url=7tsp_GUI
FileName: 7tsp_GUI_v0.4_B(2015).exe
Size: 4.1 mb (4,319,332 bytes)
MD5: 750d9231597bcffeebd26771c2c22498
Built: Today at 08:04:44 AM

Full change log: Here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/index.php?topic=23.0)

How To Use: Here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/index.php?topic=28.0)

How To Create Your Own pack: Here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/index.php?topic=31.0)

Changelog and Support for the 2015 Update here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/index.php?topic=178.0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Fixit

Mr GRiM
June 11th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Nice work Fixit and though the icons are basic they are still very appealing, feel free to use any of my packs to create installers with also :)

Dave Senior
June 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
This looks fascinating, I,ll have to read it a few times to get my head round it.
Amazing, this will help loads of people,adding the extras that come with themes sometimes causes problems for people.
great job!

Fixit
June 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Thanx a lot!

if u need any help just ask :)

Larsen
June 11th, 2010, 10:41 PM
what windows 7 version is it for? x64 or x86 or both?

Fixit
June 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM
it is for both x86 and x64.

tytynono
June 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM
if u need any help just ask :)

Hello, I would like make a french version of your Se7en Theme Source patcher but i can't nor with reshacker or hex editor, is it possible to make a language file?or any way.Thanks for french user.

Fixit
June 12th, 2010, 03:08 PM
i have put it on the todo list..
ill write a translation code, to use a lang.ini to translate the program it self...

but as this needs some major rewriting of all text areas in the script this could take a while..

tytynono
June 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
i have put it on the todo list..
ill write a translation code, to use a lang.ini to translate the program it self...

but as this needs some major rewriting of all text areas in the script this could take a while..
if I can help.

Fixit
June 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
tnx,
if you like you could translate the lang.ini once it is done.

first i'll have to add variables in the text areas which will then be read from the lang.ini file.

tytynono
June 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
tnx,
if you like you could translate the lang.ini once it is done.

Ok , send me a private message when you want .

Fixit
July 2nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
updated the GUI to version 0.2

~Translation code is in and so far tnx to Tytynono the English (Translate 7tsp (http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/dl.php?url=programs/Translate_7tsp.zip)) file for the GUI has been translated to French!
~included Explorer windows arrows for the color packs
~Added Task Manager hexing support
~Removed all folders from the internal pack (Made a Black Pack to replace these)

Regards

Mr GRiM
August 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Any new developments with this bud, I am eager to see how you are progressing with it :)

Fixit
August 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
hi,

last update to build 2003 is out and has no known bugs...

im now working on adding mui file support
and a completely new function i will share next update, which will hopefully be this weekend. :)

Thanx for the interests!

Kenj0656
August 9th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Where's the download link?

Mr GRiM
August 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Where's the download link?

lol that would be that large image in the first post saying Download :D'oh!:

Smokey719
August 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
The Download link is not appearing for me either. I've tried viewing the page in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

Edit:Odd, as soon as I posted this the Download Link showed up.

lahercoll
August 10th, 2010, 05:57 AM
:cool: bro...thank you bye... :burns:

Fixit
August 14th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Updated to version 0.2 build 2004

also all basic packs (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=3045&p=18062#p17322) are updated adding the new copy/move/delete animation modifications...

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the update, garbing it now :)

Fixit
August 14th, 2010, 05:42 AM
very welcome :cool:

Poisoned-talent-
August 22nd, 2010, 03:27 AM
for some reason no matter how many times i restart my computer or anything iv even tried deleting it and reinstalling it and i cant even reinstall it yet i keep getting for a system reboot. well iv rebooted my computer atleast 10 times and it just keeps saying it so i dont really know whats wrong with it. can anyone help me out here?

Fixit
August 22nd, 2010, 03:33 AM
yeah i'm sorry, i made a check to see if there are any pending file operations waiting...
next update it will only check for pending operations on important system files.

i think some program installed on your system is using the pending operations function very actively...

Poisoned-talent-
August 22nd, 2010, 03:34 AM
mm its ok lol. when you think the next release is going to be?

Fixit
August 22nd, 2010, 04:13 AM
Try this one,
should solve your problem...

build 2005
~updated the "must reboot" check

http://xptsp.com/fixit/images/dwnld_button.png (http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/dl.php?url=programs/7tsp_GUI_v0.2_B(2005).exe)

Rova66
August 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Thank you very much Fixit keep up the good work with future development, I'm grabbing this one. :cool:

Fixit
August 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Welcome :cool:

Poisoned-talent-
August 22nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Try this one,
should solve your problem...

build 2005
~updated the "must reboot" check

http://xptsp.com/fixit/images/dwnld_button.png (http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/dl.php?url=programs/7tsp_GUI_v0.2_B(2005).exe)

thank you it works now ^^

ArmaTheGreek
September 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hi I need help. I tried restoring themes back to normal using 7tsp but the folder icons won't change. Everything seems back to default except for the icons, any suggestions?

Fixit
September 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi, the restore function in 7tsp does not restore to default, but to the state your system was in before 7tsp was run for the first time...

if u want everything to be "Default" again, you could try the "sfc /scannow" function via the command line or in 7tsp via the menu: Progam > sfc /scan > sfc scannow
this will scan and restore any modified system files to "Default"

ArmaTheGreek
September 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I ran the sfc scannow and it did fix some files and restarted my machine but folders are still the same. (btw not all,) I'm referring to the folders inside program files, they're still black, but folders on my desktop and documents they're back to normal.

Fixit
September 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Please try cleaning the icon cache.
(Program > clean icon cache)

ArmaTheGreek
September 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks, it worked. It went back to normal now. Thanks for assisting me in using the tool. This is a great tool, all you have to do is to click. :) thanks again!

immad
September 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
ty

Fatezoom
September 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM
great thing

lukebreslin
September 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
looks brill, great work

laur
September 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Great work Fixit. :)

sete
September 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM
thanks !!

hardryve
September 23rd, 2010, 03:09 AM
very nice guys,this is the best tool ever.

CrazyLlama
October 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hi All,

I am new to this, actually 3 hours new, I read the 7tsp tutorial but i keep getting this error when I try to install the Annihilator Pack. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what I have failed to do? FYI, I have also enabled custom themes by using UxStyle Core. I followed the directions from Sevenforums.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Big V
October 12th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Fixit I used the tool to install Grims poison theme and it worked beautifully to install the theme packs. The issue i have with the tool is after its is used it will not allow you to modify the themes in the conventional methods manually. i tried changing the logon frame 3 times had to do a system restore each time afterward (logon froze black screen) and tried several different start orb changers and could not change the start button till i used 7tsp to uninstall the theme. its a nice tool but from here on out i'll be installing my themes the conventional way (manually)

Fixit
October 12th, 2010, 07:18 AM
@CrazyLlama
it looks like u have got system restore disabled in windows...
so 7tsp cant create a new restore point

@big v
im sorry, that pack is not checked/tested by us...
if mistakes are made in the pack like using the wrong language id's or wrong type of bitmaps etc. it can cause problems.
(also if u manually use wrong bitmaps)

sorry for your inconvenience...

7tsp does have several ways to restore without using system restore though..
u could also restore a single file via sfc /scanfile and then mod the file manually in case the file got corrupted..

Fixit
October 22nd, 2010, 01:11 AM

mavemontes
October 23rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
excelent theme

Pv37K
October 23rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv295/Peter1009/part2.png

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv295/Peter1009/part1.png

I want to instal this but it doesnt work, i downloaded Reshacker from the internet, what am imissing here ???

ps,

in the bottem pictures he asked if i want to download reshacker.exe

in the second picture he says he cant find reshacker.exe

Mr GRiM
October 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv295/Peter1009/part2.png

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv295/Peter1009/part1.png

I want to instal this but it doesnt work, i downloaded Reshacker from the internet, what am imissing here ???

ps,

in the bottem pictures he asked if i want to download reshacker.exe

in the second picture he says he cant find reshacker.exe

You didn't need to install reshacker in the previous versions and I am not sure why you do now, I just tied the new version and had the same problem as you, I found reshacker and installed manually and that got rid of the error and allowed it to run, you can find reshacker here http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/R ... -1520.html (http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Resource-Hacker-Download-1520.html)

Pv37K
October 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Yessss it works, thanks :D

mavemontes
October 23rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
excelent theme

keru
November 14th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Nice Joob

HaCkthEplAneT
November 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks i will give this a try....seems easy enough

098mnb
November 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM
awesome good job,thank's

Super Jesus
December 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Did anyone else experience problems with AVG Antivirus's linkscanner after using this?
It works great, but now I have to do a full uninstall and clean out of AVG and then re-install it after I used this. Could have been something else that caused it though. I tried using this and the beta for firefox 4 and I can't tell for certain which program caused it. It very easily could have been firefox.
Anyway thanks for this useful program! (I had to get reshacker to use it just like the other guy, but it wasn't a problem)

jtsprincess
January 10th, 2011, 03:24 AM
SWEET! thank you so much! :cool:

JokeStar
January 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanx...workes like a charm.

stevehyph
February 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Has anyone tried this using Service Pack 1?

biggs14
February 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the tool :party2:

omninko
February 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
When trying to apply 7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras, I get stuck at Checking Backup Files.. in build 3002.
I have patched the system files, and IDK what else to do.
Thanks in advance for your reply! Any help is appreciated.

kumbawa1
April 17th, 2011, 04:49 AM
help!!!! where do i put the objectdock files??? thanks!!! :crying: :crying:

Mr GRiM
April 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
When trying to apply 7tsp_Blade_Icons_Theme_Extras, I get stuck at Checking Backup Files.. in build 3002.
I have patched the system files, and IDK what else to do.
Thanks in advance for your reply! Any help is appreciated.

Not sure why it's getting stuck but you should probably try the latest version build 3003

Mr GRiM
April 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
help!!!! where do i put the objectdock files??? thanks!!! :crying: :crying:

Not sure what you mean there bud, why are you trying to use object dock files with 7tsp?

Mrtookie
April 26th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I just downloaded Se7en Theme Source patcher v0.3 Build 3003 and every time i go to look for my icon pack it isnt there, Am i doing somthing wrong?

RoggenWolfe
June 16th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Just started using this after I reformatted. Wow is all I can say. Totally hassle free and some really smart themes out there.

BHAVIK LATHIGARA
June 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the tool :party2:
such a nice tool .thanks for it. :happy:

CyberValium
August 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
How Can I make an Icon Pack of 7tsp?
I always try to make a 7tsp Icon Pack, but when i start Patching, it doesn`t Change Anything.
A great tool but i cannou make an icon pack.

dareaper
August 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Great program.I cant seem to download can you please give me dl link?

Bobix
September 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Wery nice and handy piece of software, made my day, A BIG THANK to you m8!

stiffmeister38
October 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Where do I get the files to change the logon screen and windows orb?Everything else work well except this.

mrdreamers4u
November 9th, 2011, 11:57 PM
when i try to use this when it starts installing the fonts it becomes "not responseding" plz help

arm
March 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks...

NinjaMonkeyz
April 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this little problem with Se7en.
I am trying to Install the Recolored Red Blade Icon pack originally made by Grim
However I am getting this error when I go to run the patcher.
I really have no idea what is going on here, I was hoping that someone more experienced than I might have some additional wisdoms that they could impart.
Thanks.

gor17981
April 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this little problem with Se7en.
I am trying to Install the Recolored Red Blade Icon pack originally made by Grim
However I am getting this error when I go to run the patcher.
I really have no idea what is going on here, I was hoping that someone more experienced than I might have some additional wisdoms that they could impart.
Thanks.

Looks to me like the 7tsp pack is named wrong just from your screen shot there, check out this screen, see the difference.

NinjaMonkeyz
April 11th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Yeah that was because I took the underscores out, I thought that might fix it, it was doing that error before the name change.

Big V
April 11th, 2012, 05:38 AM
so are you still having issues? Try putting the 7TSP in lowercase 7tsp in the name

NinjaMonkeyz
April 11th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Yes tried both of these suggestions. Can't figure out for the life of me what is up with this.

NinjaMonkeyz
April 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Well I di manage to pin down what the problem is.

It has to do with restore points (as I figured it would be from looking at other posts). Soooo
I made a manual restore point. and turned off restore points in Se7en and had at it.

All was well Until I found out that you must have to use some kind of specially formatted image for your login screen cause I used one that obviously wasn't and had to resort to the manual restore point the I so very smartly made before plunging into the shallow end.

and so I though ok I did the right thing in making a restore point should anything go fataly pearshaped of course which it did. and now I have this ...54356

Strange that some of the icons did not make a full recovery. I mean they did but folders have this seemingly default icon ans do all my desktop items.
The desktop icons can clearly be seen behind the apparent default icon overlay it's strage and I may have to do an even further restore to fix this, unless somebodt had a quickerfix.

SO IN SHORT The Se7en problem narrowed down to restore point issuses (yes they are on)
and now I have rubbish icons all over the place.

Tips from the Masters would be greatly appreciated.

NinjaMonkeyz
April 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Please disregard the last post that was just my Icon Cache being corrupt, I rebuilt it. Now all we have is the Restore point issue with Se7en.

Big V
April 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ok let start over
Are you installing fresh and not overtop of another pack that will cause issues also.
Second if you are still having issues after running the restore in the 7tsp program
I would recommend opening a command prompt and running this command sfc /scannow

This will scan your OS and restore all modified system files back to original.
Afterwards you will have to repatch your system for wearing 3rd party themes again
I recommend universal theme patcher for patching it
Now try adding your pack again

NinjaMonkeyz
April 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Ok here is where I am at.
I have patched my system with uuniversal theme patcher and installed the Alien Red theme to my system without issue.
I thought I would augment this awesome theme with Grims (at least I think they are grims) Blade icons in red.
The errors you see in the above posts are from that icon pack trying to install.
I have narrowed it down to being a problem with restore points not going off properly from Se7en. (Yes my system protection is enabled)
I discovered this by turning off Set Restore point in Se7en and they installed correctly.
I went back to a manual restore point I set just before I tested this, because well you would be stupid not to.
Trying once again with Se7en to install the icon pack I get the same errors.
..and so here we are at Do a clean sweep with sfc /scannow ... Once I have done that I will get back to you to see if somehow this fixes my problem with Se7en

NinjaMonkeyz
April 12th, 2012, 09:30 AM
No go on that. It Just keeps throwing up that error at the creating a restore point. I did the sfc /scan now and reapplied the utp on my system those goddam icons just will not install. I will try with another blade icons pack perhaps the Author of those recolored blade packs has messed something up.

No go on that either and I am running out of options as to why Se7en will not initiate a restore point but instead just throws up those stupid errors shutting down when I hit ok. Quite frankly it's driving me insane.
:cheeky:

Oshea
April 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
NinjaMonkeyz

Hey man, out of curiosity, have you managed to successfully install icon packs using 7tsp in the past?...
If not, could the issue be with the pack itself?

NinjaMonkeyz
April 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM
No I haven't, 1st time and it just doesn't want to work. lol Story of my life Really.

Oshea
April 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
...if I were in your situation, I might try installing another icon pack to see if the same issue persists...
Seeing whether or not you can do so might be worth looking into, man...

I apologize...I understand youve already tried another pack...
Have you considered completely uninstalling 7tsp, and trying again on a fresh install?

Big V
April 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
where did you get the pack from. did you get it from our site

NinjaMonkeyz
April 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yes I got THEM from here. I am going to Uninstall Se7en and put it back on even though it does this with the version that you don't have to install as well.
Bloody Annoying I tells ya. :anger::anger::anger:

faizalotai
April 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
try scan your system with anti malware:Smile:

NinjaMonkeyz
May 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Could the problem be attributed to "Windows Backup" not being set? I don't mean system restore because that is set but windows backup has not yet been set on my sytem as it is rather new. Given that I use this sytem for work mainly I do not give malware a chance even for a second. I am using Bitdefender as my antivirus/Malware solution.
I just installed Grimm's Zero G Theme, but once again the Se7en extras pack that goes with it just will not install exact same issue as outlined above.

Big V
May 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Bud can you give me a link to the pack you are trying to install and i'll have a look at it and see if i can see an issue with it

julio99
June 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Is this the same old 7tsp that I used a couple of years ago? Is it rewritten by Fixit or Mark? I thought this was the best tool to use for installing themes ever. Never had trouble with it. I hope this is good to go as is because I would like to try the them "By Design". It looks like the same type design as the old Annihilator Light theme by Grim. Hope I can find "By Design"

sonya
November 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM

leikoh13
November 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
gud job

opym
March 18th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Where can I find the program? :D

Chaotic Alucard
April 20th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Nice, 7tsp is just what I needed.

jwmghf
August 17th, 2014, 04:18 AM
1st time using this... It's pretty cool. Not sure if I get it fully yet. Thanks for your efforts FixIt!!!!!

Fixit
January 7th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Thanks for all your kind replies.
After a long time of absence I'm currently working on an update for 7tsp again...

todo:
~beta Testing

done:
~Added oemedit to the misc section, and the ability to add OEM Information changes to a custom pack (on request)
~Fixed iexplorer bug on x64(caused by reshacker breaking x64 dll files, bru patcher now patches those files)
~Fixed bug when clicked on program / Extra / 7tsp menu, patching process would freeze
~Fixed bug regedit would not change on x64
~Fixed uxpatch X86 and X64
~Fixed uxpatch reminder while install visual style was disabled
~Fixed a bug that some dialog windows would not always refresh
~Added lots of new file locations (on request)
~Added check for latest reshacker version
~Added 2 extra checks to see if restore point creation is disabled in windows settings (hopefully this bug wont appear AGAIN :S )
~Fixed a bug when patch timedate.clp was disabled in options menu, wmplayer.exe.res got deleted
~Fixed speech folder ownership bug
~Trusted installer ownership is now properly restored
~Updated 7za to latest version
~Added the new file locations to the restore function
~Fixed replace at reboot code for locked files
~And lots of script updates/fixes

please post any current issues you have with 7tsp that are not in the todo list.

Regards Fixit

Mr GRiM
January 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Has this been tested on Windows 8/8.1 the last time I tried it there was very limited success and it seemed to break allot of files, I know this tool is meant for Windows 7, just wondered if it was worth testing on 8 again.

Nimbi
January 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Has this been tested on Windows 8/8.1 the last time I tried it there was very limited success and it seemed to break allot of files, I know this tool is meant for Windows 7, just wondered if it was worth testing on 8 again.

Im not sure if the 2015 update does, but I know that the previous version of which i got by googling it works. Just don't check any of the boxes on the right side, those are for win7 only and will mess up you're comp if you're running it on Windows 8\8.1\8.1.1 or higher.

Fixit
January 7th, 2015, 02:09 PM
well on 7 x64 reshacker was actually breaking files as well, on x86 no problems.. that issue should be fixed now, so it might be worth a shot testing on 8.. if you want i can send you a copy of the current 7tsp 2015 RC1.

though 7tsp was indeed not meant for 8, i might write a version for 8 in the future if there is interest for it.

Nimbi
January 7th, 2015, 02:17 PM
well on 7 x64 reshacker was actually breaking files as well, on x86 no problems.. that issue should be fixed now, so it might be worth a shot testing on 8.. if you want i can send you a copy of the current 7tsp 2015 RC1.

though 7tsp was indeed not meant for 8, i might write a version for 8 in the future if there is interest for it.

personally I think I'll have to pass up that offer. I'd love to try it but I can't afford to deal with any possible fixes that are yet to be known. Also, for the time being, the version I have atm does the job well enough. I am however interested in a Windows 8\8.1\8.1.1 version being made. It would be really awesome to see what kind of new features it would have. :Smile:

Fixit
January 7th, 2015, 02:32 PM
personally I think I'll have to pass up that offer. I'd love to try it but I can't afford to deal with any possible fixes that are yet to be known.

Thats ok Darkwater, the new update has only been tested on 7 and it preforms a lot better on x64 now.

as for an 8 version, at first a lot of options would be removed and others more adapted for 8.
after that i could add new 8 specific options where needed/wanted/possible.

Nimbi
January 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
sounds like a cool version imo. It would also make things a lot easier for Win 8\8.1\8.1.1 users. :Smile:

Dark Knight
January 7th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I too would like to see a version for 8 / 8.1 although this and the previous build does work with 8 and 8.1 just as long as you know what options to leave unchecked and leave out the shell32.dll file.

Fixit
January 19th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Updated the first post and released The RC1 version with important fixes for x64 systems and lots of script fixes and updates.

It has been tested successfully on 2 live laptop systems 7 x64, a live PC 7 x86 and in a virtual machine 7 x86/x64 many times.

icekool
January 23rd, 2015, 11:29 AM
Updated the first post and released The RC1 version with important fixes for x64 systems and lots of script fixes and updates.

It has been tested successfully on 2 live laptop systems 7 x64, a live PC 7 x86 and in a virtual machine 7 x86/x64 many times. Is there a way of getting a notification when the final version is released, or will you just announce it in this thread?
I ask because I am just about to buy an ssd & will be doing a new win7 install soon.

Fixit
January 23rd, 2015, 11:43 AM
When it's ready i will post in this topic and update the first post.

Good luck with your Install. SSD rocks!

Fixit
February 2nd, 2015, 01:25 AM
Hi all,

I have just released the new version of 7tsp 2015 http://www.xptsp.com/board/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Updated first post to version 0.4 B(2015)

From now on i will work on the project every Sunday (If i am not out of town)
I am open to:
Questions and support
Bug reports
Suggestions and ideas
Custom skin entries
Adding your native language

Changelog:
1 Feb 2015 v0.4 Build 2015
~Added the option to start patching from Program menu
~Added some GUI skins which can be set from 7tsp menu
~Disabled some settings not (yet) supported on win8+
~Added check to see if there is enough free disk space left for patching
~Fixed bug where pack.ini could not be found on systems with with special characters like "&" or spaces in the username
~Major patching speedup for shell32.dll and imageres.dll
~Improved cleanup code

7 Jan 2015 v0.4 Build 2015 RC1
~Added oemedit to the misc section, and the ability to add OEM Information changes to a custom pack (on request by Robi450)
~Fixed iexplorer bug on x64(caused by reshacker breaking x64 dll files, bru patcher now patches those files)
~Fixed bug when clicked on program / Extra / 7tsp menu, patching process would freeze
~Fixed bug regedit would not change on x64
~Fixed uxpatch X86 and X64
~Fixed uxpatch reminder while "install visual style" was disabled in the options menu
~Fixed a bug that some dialog windows would not always refresh
~Added lots of new file locations (on request by Robi450)
~Added check for latest reshacker version
~Added 2 extra checks to see if restore point creation is disabled in windows settings (hopefully this bug wont appear AGAIN :S )
~Fixed a bug when patch timedate.clp was disabled in options menu, "wmplayer.exe.res" got deleted
~Fixed speech folder ownership bug
~Trusted installer ownership is now properly restored (forced for all system files)
~Updated 7za to latest version
~Added the new file locations to the restore function
~Fixed replace at reboot code for locked files
~And lots of script updates/fixes

Hope you like it!

Kind Regards
Fixit

cybacreep
February 2nd, 2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks Fixit :Smile:

Flava0ne
February 12th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Would it be possible to get the last version of 7tsp, v0.3 build 3003? I find that with the latest version not everything from a theme pack gets patched. Please let me know.

Fixit
February 12th, 2015, 12:15 PM
That is possible but i rather fix the problem(s) in current updates.

could you please tell me what OS you are using,
x64 or x86,
and what does not get patched?

Flava0ne
February 12th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I'm on x64. I'll let you what doesn't get patched when I get back home. TBH, the only issue I've had with the the last version is that it doesn't completely restore everything back to default when used for the first time. Other than that its been flawless ever since.

Fixit
February 12th, 2015, 02:35 PM
ok 7 x64 thanks
last version (0.3) broke Internet Explorer on x64 among other problems like startup sound in imageres not being patched and regedit not being patched...

the only issue I've had with the the last version is that it doesn't completely restore everything back to default when used for the first time.
was that on a clean system? Every modification made before 7tsp's first run, gets backed up and also restored when using the restore function. to go clean just use sfc /scannow

Flava0ne
February 12th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Yes, I can confirm those issues as well with the last version.

I'm not sure which files aren't patched in the latest version, but I do know that ExplorerFrame.dll is one of them. The others involve the small icons in the folder view settings and the right-click menu on the Recycle Bin.

Fixit
February 12th, 2015, 08:45 PM
can you please link me to the pack you are using so i can look into it?

Flava0ne
February 12th, 2015, 10:11 PM
It's the HUD Apocalypse Icons and Theme Extras Topshell x64 by Mr. GRiM here (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38060-HUD-Apocalypse).

Fixit
February 13th, 2015, 02:52 PM
but I do know that ExplorerFrame.dll is one of them. The others involve the small icons in the folder view settings and the right-click menu on the Recycle Bin.

well i checked it out and ExplorerFrame does get patched but the ExplorerFrame.dll.res file in this pack does not have any icons or bitmaps.

as for the small icons etc, they are simply not in this pack.

icekool
February 14th, 2015, 09:12 AM
well i checked it out and ExplorerFrame does get patched but the ExplorerFrame.dll.res file in this pack does not have any icons or bitmaps.

as for the small icons etc, they are simply not in this pack.

So can I take it that the new version is working fine & this above mentioned issue is simply someone not checking their specific theme pack for what is contained etc..

Flava0ne
February 14th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Well they got patched in the last version of 7tsp, so I don't know then. No possible way at all in getting my hands on the previous version at all, maybe until it's all fixed in an update?

Flava0ne
February 14th, 2015, 04:20 PM
I looked into the pack myself and now know that more than a few of the icons in the shell32.dll.res does not get patched in the latest version. And with the ExplorerFrame.dll.res file, it's supposed to re-position the windows explorer info bar from the default bottom to the top when properly patched.

I attached screenshots and highlighted in bright green of what I mean when properly patched from 7tsp. In the latest version, none of those are patched.

February 14th, 2015, 04:50 PM
thanks for the update Fixit (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/159280-Fixit) much appreciated. win 10 support yet?

Fixit
February 14th, 2015, 04:51 PM
@Flava0ne (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/150313-Flava0ne),
There where a few problems with this pack...

i have recompiled all res files with langID 1033, fixed shell32.dll.res and fixed the Pack.ini file.
this should fix your problems:

Thanks

Fixit
February 14th, 2015, 04:57 PM
thanks for the update Fixit (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/159280-Fixit) much appreciated. win 10 support yet?
Very welcome,

latest version 0.4 can be run on all windows 7+ versions

for win 8+ versions some not yet supported functions like uxpatch have been disabled to prevent system failure.

Flava0ne
February 14th, 2015, 05:05 PM
There where a few problems with this pack...

i have recompiled all res files with langID 1033, fixed shell32.dll.res and fixed the Pack.ini file.
this should fix your problems:

Thanks

Thanks man! I'll give this a try in a bit and let you know.

Fixit
February 14th, 2015, 05:21 PM
So can I take it that the new version is working fine & this above mentioned issue is simply someone not checking their specific theme pack for what is contained etc..

Sorry i read over your question.
the new version is working fine as long as the pack used is Build correctly,
If you (or anyone) are having problems with your pack please pm it to me and i will try to fix any problems with it, or add/modify the function needed in 7tsp to make it work.

You're welcome, please do.

Flava0ne
February 14th, 2015, 06:05 PM
I just installed it with the latest 7tsp and all is good, thanks again! :D

icekool
February 15th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I would just like to say a big thank you to Fixit for being so helpful to everyone

r2deez2
May 19th, 2016, 05:11 AM
Ignore this. Sorry.