PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Taskbars

wassamatteru
June 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I've noticed that the majority of Win 7 visual styles do not include any customisation for vertical taskbars ie. those docked to left or right rather than the usual bottom of the screen. As I've always had my taskbar on the left, especially since getting a widescreen monitor, this is more than a little disappointing and I would like to do something about it now I have WSB. So the questions are ...

Does WSB actually provide for customising a vertical taskbar?

What locations are relevant?

Do I need to be aware of any anomalies, quirks and just plain weird stuff?

If anyone has any relevant experience I'd be greatly appreciative of some sdvice before diving in.

Dave Senior
June 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM
You are so right about this, MR GRiM,s death star themes have them changed that I know of ,you could use this for a reference.(if some thing hasn,t been changed in this .msstyle, it probably can,t be done)
Try here for the locations-
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskbar > Aero > Tasbar > <2> and <4>
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskband > Aero > Taskband( Vertical) Background right and background left
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskband > Aero > Taskband (smallicons vertical) Background right and background left

If there are any more you will find them in this section.I haven,t included the "windows basic" locations but they are in this section as well .just look for any vertical and left and right options in this section .

wassamatteru
June 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
You are so right about this, MR GRiM,s death star themes have them changed that I know of ,you could use this for a reference.(if some thing hasn,t been changed in this .msstyle, it probably can,t be done)
Try here for the locations-
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskbar > Aero > Tasbar > <2> and <4>
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskband > Aero > Taskband( Vertical) Background right and background left
Taskbar & System Tray > Taskband > Aero > Taskband (smallicons vertical) Background right and background left

If there are any more you will find them in this section.I haven,t included the "windows basic" locations but they are in this section as well .just look for any vertical and left and right options in this section .

:burns: That's most helpful. Thank you kindly. Death star downloaded for forensic examination!