PDA

View Full Version : always combine, hide labels

bongo
July 25th, 2010, 09:15 PM
when taskbar is set to always combine, hide labels when the taskbar s on the left or right the center image is gone , where is that at.
Thanks Jerry

Dave Senior
July 25th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Try here mate- ,(I,ll have to get into vert taskbars soon)You,re going to have to add sizingmargins : margins property here if you are changing the size of the image. ;)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand (SmallIconsVertical) > BackgroundLeft
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand (SmallIconsVertical) > BackgroundRight

bongo
July 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks very much Dave

wassamatteru
July 26th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Try here mate- ,(I,ll have to get into vert taskbars soon)You,re going to have to add sizingmargins : margins property here if you are changing the size of the image. ;)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand (SmallIconsVertical) > BackgroundLeft
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand (SmallIconsVertical) > BackgroundRight

A word of warning - the behaviour of sizing margins in vertical taskbar is unpredictable at best! Unless you're intending to distribute something you are almost certainly better off to resize the graphics in the appropriate editor to fit your bar and using truesize.

Dave Senior
July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM

A word of warning - the behaviour of sizing margins in vertical taskbar is unpredictable at best! Unless you're intending to distribute something you are almost certainly better off to resize the graphics in the appropriate editor to fit your bar and using truesize.

Thanks, but I,ve had no problems using the sizing margins or stretch, it depends on what design your image is.The content margins are a different matter,you can move the icons down but I,ve had to pad the button images quite alot.Heres a pic of mine so far , I won,t be sticking with this image though.

wassamatteru
July 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Just me then? I'd be very interested to see your settings and the image. Could you possibly upload this as a stylehack so I can have a look at what you've done to get a result that just eludes me?

Dave Senior
July 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I,ve already deleted that image as the buttons were too much of a problem.
Its pretty straight forward though.If you look at the last post in the theme guide on margins,the same applys to a vertical taskbar. It would be a vertical gradient for example that would distort.Its just a matter of holding the left,right , top and bottom firm with sizing margins ,this leaves the solid color in the middle(for the image in the pic I posted anyway) to do all the stretching.