PDA

View Full Version : Mr Grim & Razorlight Nucleus themes Black and Blue Versions

razorsedge
July 28th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Mr Grim and Razorlight Nucleus Themes Black and Blue Versions

The Rebirth Continues with Re- Energized Nucleus

The always amazing Mr Grim out did himself for my last build release :)

Going all out he created one of the best themes I have ever seen for windows 7

This theme comes in 2 versions

A dark black version and a black blue version black version was tweaked by MR. Grim the blue Version was tweaked by me.

I could not thank Mr. Grim enough for the wonderful work he did on these themes making it an exclusive release on my Razorlight Re - Energized Nucleus windows 7 x86 and x64 build release

you are the man Mr. Grim :) thanks for taking the time to put these togther:)

Re-Energized Nucleus black Version

Black version includes

custom clock by razorsedge
explorerframe images by mr grim
fonts
shell32 images by razorsedge
start orb by my grim
custom windows media player by mr grim and razorsedge

note: please make sure to read the instructions in the rar to paste the text file into your explorerframe.dll to have the images show in the background of folders and other windows

Download from mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?wj8afax9wo71zbo

download from site

Update: 18/07/2011
Updated Version with bug fixes for full glass on tabbed windows, also now includes sound scheme cursors and full support for theme resource changer

Re-Energized Nucleus Blue

Blue version includes

custom clock by razorsedge
explorerframe images by mr grim
fonts
shell32 images by razorsedge
start orb by my grim
custom windows media player by mr grim and razorsedge

note: please make sure to read the instructions in the rar to paste the text file into your explorerframe.dll to have the images show in the background of folders and other windows

download from mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?m6cbbusc3cv5w76

download from site

Mr GRiM
July 28th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this one mate, I think we make a pretty good team :cool:

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
:f: wooooooooow..
that looks just incredibel...

will try that one.. THX :)

razorsedge
July 28th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this one mate, I think we make a pretty good team :cool:

Thanks bud :) but your the genious at work I kinda just sit back in awe and follow along with the master lol, it's always gd to have someone to bounce ideas off of I say lol

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 07:10 AM
changing the explorerframe.dll didnt work. at boot windows youldnt start the explorer:(
i had to take a rescue dvd and change it back..
error message something..lol

i did it like u said in the txt file..

heres my Files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k2u5gvqug40c271

theres the Original one in there and the one i modded with your txt file..
maybe u can look into it and help me please :)

greetz VS :idk:

edit: im on win 7 Pro 64bit and i tried it with restorator2007 and resource hacker

razorsedge
July 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
changing the explorerframe.dll didnt work. at boot windows youldnt start the explorer:(

heres my Files:

edit: im on win 7 Pro 64bit and i tried it with restorator2007 and resource hacker

Hi Virus,

Ok I tested your explorerframe.dll u modded and it booted for me here on my other computer,

so I am not really too sure what u did there the first time as I checked ur modded one and it was the way it is supposed to be modded with the text so what I have done here is modded your un modded dll with the text. I have justed tested it and boots fine again, I am also on windows 7 x64 for this test but i used this theme in my last build release I just made and it has been fully tested on both with no issues, myself and mr grim are both currently using the very same thing as well and for all the users that downloaded my new os no one had any problems with it at all so I am not too sure about what happened with u there but here is ur dll that modded and tested :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?uetau2ht4dnn0gw

bigcyco1
July 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
dam this is so sick really dope i put in my collection for sure :party2:

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 03:49 PM

heres my Files:

Hi Virus,

Ok I tested your explorerframe.dll u modded and it booted for me here on my other computer,

so I am not really too sure what u did there the first time as I checked ur modded one and it was the way it is supposed to be modded with the text so what I have done here is modded your un modded dll with the text. I have justed tested it and boots fine again, I am also on windows 7 x64 for this test but i used this theme in my last build release I just made and it has been fully tested on both with no issues, myself and mr grim are both currently using the very same thing as well and for all the users that downloaded my new os no one had any problems with it at all so I am not too sure about what happened with u there but here is ur dll that modded and tested :)

[dl:vmoaedcu]http://www.mediafire.com/?uetau2ht4dnn0gw[/dl:vmoaedcu]

maybe theres a difference between my german version of windows????
anyway..its WORKING NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dunno why it didnt work before..THX mate..very nice that is now..
it just takes a lil bit loonger to boot into win now..but thats not bad, will be faster with time..

to bad i cant use the Schell32.dll mods..:(
cause i am on a creative soundcard..same old story, Mr.Grim knows what im talking about :(

anyway, this theme looks great, just a few litlle things that are not the way i want it but still great...

for example..when im browsing the net. and wanna make a comment , the comment BOX is white and hurts my eye hehe..with Grims, Midnight glass theme these Boxes where in nice Black..also one more thing..when i go to file Options ---
--> http://666kb.com/i/blbdlr7r66eova8wp.png
you cant read anything..cause im using Blackglassenhanced..but its great with grims theme...could you tell me how i can change this to this: http://666kb.com/i/blbdmzy4xe0s93fkp.png but still have your theme?

besides these 2 things , this theme is awesome and one of the Best i ever seen ;)

:D :D

TheLegend
July 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Please help me! I'm unable to get my windows to look like their supposed to. In your second screenshot, the windows explorer is also customized with the glass-like theme. Mine only displays black. Also, my Windows Media Player does not look like yours, it's still the default look. I have done what the readme said (editing ExplorerFrame.dll) but I still can't get it to work. Please help? Oh and I've tried to replace my ExplorerFrame.dll with Virus' one you've fixed, but I cant. It's "used by another program". Can't close explorer.exe, because then I won't be able to replace the dll.

Mr GRiM
July 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
If you have WSB I can make a style hack for you to fix it, plus I will make one for the white text box.

How does this look?

plomo
July 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
beatifull mr grim owesome i like it a lot thanks man.

Mr GRiM
July 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Please help me! I'm unable to get my windows to look like their supposed to. In your second screenshot, the windows explorer is also customized with the glass-like theme. Mine only displays black. Also, my Windows Media Player does not look like yours, it's still the default look. I have done what the readme said (editing ExplorerFrame.dll) but I still can't get it to work. Please help? Oh and I've tried to replace my ExplorerFrame.dll with Virus' one you've fixed, but I cant. It's "used by another program". Can't close explorer.exe, because then I won't be able to replace the dll.

You need to take ownership of the explorerframe.dll and then make a copy of it and paste it on your desktop, then open it in Restorator and add the text and anything else you want and then save it, then rename the original in the system32 folder to explorerframe.dll.bak and then paste the new one from the desktop in there, then do a restart for it to take effect.

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM
If you have WSB I can make a style hack for you to fix it, plus I will make one for the white text box.

How does this look?

yes, yes , yes yes yes yes...

i have WSB ;)

but i cant work with it cause im a total noob in it....:(
i would be bad ass happy if u would make an style hack for me, for the wjite Boxes and the other thing so i can read the folder options etc etc...its not only folder options,m but you know that...cause u Rock ;)

THX Grim, i reallyy love u for this...

wait. is that allready an style hack???or u have to do it first ..

greetz VS

Mr GRiM
July 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM

How does this look?

yes, yes , yes yes yes yes...

i have WSB ;)

but i cant work with it cause im a total noob in it....:(
i would be bad ass happy if u would make an style hack for me, for the wjite Boxes and the other thing so i can read the folder options etc etc...its not only folder options,m but you know that...cause u Rock ;)

THX Grim, i reallyy love u for this...

wait. is that allready an style hack???or u have to do it first ..

greetz VS

yeah that was in the lat post for the glass fix and here is the one for the text box :)

TheLegend
July 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM

You need to take ownership of the explorerframe.dll and then make a copy of it and paste it on your desktop, then open it in Restorator and add the text and anything else you want and then save it, then rename the original in the system32 folder to explorerframe.dll.bak and then paste the new one from the desktop in there, then do a restart for it to take effect.
Thank you so mucH! It worked!! But now my WMP does'nt work haha I replaced all the wmploc.dll files so yeah.. But i'm trying to fix it now. thank you!!

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM
THX Mr.Grim...im gonna try it in a few minutes..just wanna eat something first...

hopefully im not too noobish to make that work..hehe

greetz VS, and Thanks to razorsedge and You Mr.Grim for this awesome Pice of Perfect Artwork ;)

ViruS
July 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
:idk: o boy..something is very very wrong...

MR.GRIM could you please make me the msstyles????im to stupid for it...
dosnt work, first aero was gone, then this happend:
http://666kb.com/i/blbj573q3rf5htfvd.jpg

please r. Grim apply the style hacks for me and upload me an MSSTYles file so i opnly have to override this file...i would be reallly thankfull for this..

greetz VS

edit., its also in explorer that strange images at the bottom, not only firefox. its everywhere..argh...

Dave Senior
July 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks lads, looks like you,ve had to work hard today. :)

Hellcat
July 29th, 2010, 02:54 AM
:flirt: beautiful very very nice thanks for sharing :)

by

lahercoll
July 29th, 2010, 03:05 AM
:burns: theme teacher thank you very good work thanks bye.... :cool:

dafmat71
July 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
WOW startmenu is really nice!! ;)

magnus33
July 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM
It would seem the downloads no longer work.

Correction the black one doesn't work blue does.

razorsedge
July 29th, 2010, 12:50 PM
[quote=TheLegend]Please help me! I'm unable to get my windows to look like their supposed to. In your second screenshot, the windows explorer is also customized with the glass-like theme. Mine only displays black. Also, my Windows Media Player does not look like yours, it's still the default look. I have done what the readme said (editing ExplorerFrame.dll) but I still can't get it to work. Please help? Oh and I've tried to replace my ExplorerFrame.dll with Virus' one you've fixed, but I cant. It's "used by another program". Can't close explorer.exe, because then I won't be able to replace the dll.

Thank you so mucH! It worked!! But now my WMP does'nt work haha I replaced all the wmploc.dll files so yeah.. But i'm trying to fix it now. thank you!![/quote:]

The link for the black one works fine I just tested it, its working :)

magnus33
July 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Nope its only working for certain ip ranges.

Had to use a proxy to get it.

Mr GRiM
July 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
:idk: o boy..something is very very wrong...

MR.GRIM could you please make me the msstyles????im to stupid for it...
dosnt work, first aero was gone, then this happend:
http://666kb.com/i/blbj573q3rf5htfvd.jpg

please r. Grim apply the style hacks for me and upload me an MSSTYles file so i opnly have to override this file...i would be reallly thankfull for this..

greetz VS

edit., its also in explorer that strange images at the bottom, not only firefox. its everywhere..argh...

Sorry about the wait bud, here is a version enhanced for transparency, enjoy :icon_smile:

ViruS
July 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
:party2: THX Mr.Grim....

:f: thanks very much....lets see how it is hehe..

EDIT:

hmm, something is not right...now its too dark and not so transparent anymore..then before..in firefox and explorer..did u changed more than just the TEXT ?

here is what i mean..firefox pictures coming in a while....

Original:
http://666kb.com/i/blcl167fauoc01763.png

Your Editied:
http://666kb.com/i/blcl1m95n1iiu3vyj.png

Firefox:

Original:
http://www.abload.de/img/originalh1gf.png

Your Editied:
http://www.abload.de/img/grimmoddt33g.png

see what i mean?? :nerd:

Mr GRiM
July 30th, 2010, 12:38 AM
:party2: THX Mr.Grim....

:f: thanks very much....lets see how it is hehe..

EDIT:

hmm, something is not right...now its too dark and not so transparent anymore..then before..in firefox and explorer..did u changed more than just the TEXT ?

here is what i mean..firefox pictures coming in a while....

Original:
http://666kb.com/i/blcl167fauoc01763.png

Your Editied:
http://666kb.com/i/blcl1m95n1iiu3vyj.png

Firefox:

Original:
http://www.abload.de/img/originalh1gf.png

Your Editied:
http://www.abload.de/img/grimmoddt33g.png

see what i mean?? :nerd:

Yeah I see what you mean but that is the same way I have done the first theme you pointed out that didn't have the problem with the text, I had make the main reflection image darker to be able to fix the problem with the text.

Maybe you could try using System Transparency with it as well to get this effect

RoggenWolfe
July 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Above all dudes - Theme is fookin genious :party2:

dreamer567
July 31st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Fantastic work as always. :party2: Thanks for sharing :cool:

darkone
July 31st, 2010, 05:59 AM
whoa! :what: :D'oh!: great work guys it is truly outstanding :party2: . nothing before could compare to this great masterpiece you are improving with the speed of light. :cool:

Henryix3265
August 3rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Awesome theme but the task bar looks different than mine. Yours looks better How do i install that one. Please help

milorad
August 4th, 2010, 10:36 PM
i want to replace taskbar from CONCEPT to NUCLEUS BLACK theme,can i get the numbers of taskbar pleas,or joust update for this :-D

Henryix3265
August 5th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Hi Mr.Grim. I really need your help. Ive been running the dark7 ultimate theme for awile and got use to how everything was back with blue on the side. Like when I hover over over things and right click button. I installed your newest theme nucleus Blue. I love this theme because everything is all black. However would it be possible to use the the Black with blue triming from the dark7 ultimate theme. If so how. Please help. If it can be down that would be the ultimate Nucleus theme. Thank you

Henryix3265
August 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Please Help. Kinda of still new to this kind of stuff. But does anyone know where to paste the Dark Text Box Sytle Hack. Thank you

Elmo56
August 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Very nice....sharp...clean...and not cluttered with useless pics.....great work.

Mr GRiM
August 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Please Help. Kinda of still new to this kind of stuff. But does anyone know where to paste the Dark Text Box Sytle Hack. Thank you

Do you have Windows Style Builder , if so then you need to need to paste the style hack in C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder\StyleHacks

And then apply the style hack to the .msstyles

ShizzleNizzle
August 8th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I Love these 2 themes! They are f'n sweet! Great work. Thanks The Black theme download does not work.

razorsedge
August 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM
thanks everyone we are very pleased that you like the themes.

I have added alternative links to dl the themes from the site as well the black version from mediafire link is still working though :)

Bobob
August 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Can you guys apply the taskbar from Mr grim's Neon theme to this one?
If so, then thanks in advance!
If not, then thanks for the great theme anyways :P

Jaitsu
August 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Awesome theme, but a few problems:

1. Fullscreen window title bars sometimes disappear

2. Highlighted taskbar icons are really faint and hard to notice; I don't notice when I have IMs

3. Certain programs (e.g. Trillian) have broken alerts (the tops are missing)

Henryix3265
August 8th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Thank you Mr.Grim will do so.

Henryix3265
August 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Alittle help please. Just changed the shell.dll images in my system32 folder and sysWOW64 folder and worked great. Just wanted to check if I have to add the explorerframe images in both folders to. Cause in a previous reply it only mention to change in system32. Just double checking. Does anyone know. Thank you

Mr GRiM
August 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Alittle help please. Just changed the shell.dll images in my system32 folder and sysWOW64 folder and worked great. Just wanted to check if I have to add the explorerframe images in both folders to. Cause in a previous reply it only mention to change in system32. Just double checking. Does anyone know. Thank you

yes you only need to change the system32 one :)

Jaitsu
August 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Any idea what's causing that problem with fullscreen title bars, and what I can do to fix it? I'm on Home Premium x64 if it matters.

Henryix3265
August 10th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Thank you Mr.Grim. Your awesome

xstylez
August 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM
hummmmm i followed the txt file info

but how do i install the rest of this pack i use win7 x86

i say what ive done maybe will help

i installed the UniversalThemePatcher_20090409
i made my ExplorerFrame.dll using the explorer frame Ui File 40960.txt
by paste the txt over like it said
i installes the win7 theme installer 1.1 the one that adds the
browse:theme file
browse:explorer.exe
browse:OobeFldr.dll
browse:ExplorerFrame.dll
browse:shell32.dll

and hummmmm now what mine is not workinng

:idk: it look nothing like the pic

pls i want to have it look like this amazing

http://i35.tinypic.com/33f4wp3.jpg

razorsedge
August 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Hi xstylez,

I can't comment too much on the theme installer u used as I have never used that app myself

If you edited ur dll's and have them there already I can say this rename ur dlls in your system32folder that are not edited to like shell32.dll.old then add your new dlls into the system32 folder reboot and after reboot u will have the new dll's in there

u can then just delete the ones you renamed to.old :)

xstylez
August 11th, 2010, 03:16 AM
that installer oh think most ppl use these days

http://i35.tinypic.com/2q2en2w.png
there home page is here

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-themes-installer-install-windows-7-vista-themes-easily

ya i think im not dooing the pics for the dlls properly
i cant get that blue swirls like you in the back of the folder
an i dont see where to put the WMP or the CLOCK folders
sorry im so noob but gotta start some where so i pick the best 1 i seen ever
an im sick of bumpstop crashing everything

but ya can you explane the adding of the other files i only put that lines of code i didnt change any thing else?

A Guy
August 11th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks guys, these are both great :cool:

A Guy

TheLegend
August 15th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Mr. Grim, please help!! My multimedia keys on my Logitech G11 keyboard aren't working anymore. Is there a way to fix this?

Mr GRiM
August 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Mr. Grim, please help!! My multimedia keys on my Logitech G11 keyboard aren't working anymore. Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry bud I have no idea what the cause is for that, are you sure it's this theme giving you the problem?

TheLegend
August 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Sadly.. Yes, it has to be the theme. Isn't there maybe some special code in the ExplorerFrame.dll which specifies what they keys do in Windows Media Player?

TheLegend
August 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Fixed it! Just went to start, typed services.msc, navigated to Human Interface Device Access, Properties, Startup Type - Automatic and Started the service.

silasman
August 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The theme is really awesome...Almost perfect.I really like it.
But there is still some problems.
When I use Photoshop CS3,the inner window's "- + X" buttons is displayed wrong.Don't know why...

Besides,I don't know how to change shell32.dll pics.I'll appreciate if somebody can tell me how...(or offer me a shell32.dll directly? LOL)
Love you guys.
Sorry for my English.

Hypertry
August 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2706/helpog.jpg I have edited everything as needs and I can attach my files. I am running 64 bit 7 Ultimate but the back and forward buttons just remain standard, if anyone can help by uploading their Explorerframe.dll and the others it would be much appreciated I have tried about 4 times to re do the edits but to no success

xstylez
August 21st, 2010, 08:12 AM
hi guys well im gettin it workin an it looks real nice its just i dont get that blue swril
in my folder background an the pic for the media player pls can you upload me that pics i dload both files again an i cant find it in the rar

rover3500
August 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Fantastic theme again,I luv this one.Good work m8,thanx
:party2:

DinoF
August 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hey there!
First i would like to say that this is freaking awesome and i really like this site and all that you guys are doing here :)

now i will show you what came out of my first try and would like to know what i did wrong and why some things don't look as they are supposed to :)

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4372/mydesktopay.png

DinoF
August 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
quick update !!!!

Solved:-forward and backward buttons
-clock

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2706/helpog.jpg I have edited everything as needs and I can attach my files. I am running 64 bit 7 Ultimate but the back and forward buttons just remain standard, if anyone can help by uploading their Explorerframe.dll and the others it would be much appreciated I have tried about 4 times to re do the edits but to no success

i had same problem as you can see up there and i figured out that problem was when i used restorator i used him on Explorerframe.dll it didn't work, so what i do is i make copy Explorerframe.dll on my desktop, used restorator and copy from instructions everything to this copy... after that i uploaded all pictures that needed to be there.....
After i done that part i went back to system32 and renamed original file to Explorerframe.dll.brk ...after that i copied one that i changed on desktop to system32, reboot and presto it worked :)

Mr GRiM
August 24th, 2010, 12:29 AM
quick update !!!!

Solved:-forward and backward buttons
-clock

i had same problem as you can see up there and i figured out that problem was when i used restorator i used him on Explorerframe.dll it didn't work, so what i do is i make copy Explorerframe.dll on my desktop, used restorator and copy from instructions everything to this copy... after that i uploaded all pictures that needed to be there.....
After i done that part i went back to system32 and renamed original file to Explorerframe.dll.brk ...after that i copied one that i changed on desktop to system32, reboot and presto it worked :)

That is Exactly the way I do it as well and the same need to be done for the clock.

DinoF
August 24th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Mr.Grim i got one small problem so if you could help here it would be awesome
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6837/problemgf.png

Hypertry
August 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Cheers guys for the help i tried that before to no results but this time it worked =] Thanks

razorsedge
August 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Mr.Grim i got one small problem so if you could help here it would be awesome
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6837/problemgf.png

Hi :)

Your problem most likly has to do with the fact your using a glass program or some firefox plugin for glass as this theme was not made in relation to glass programs :)

DinoF
August 26th, 2010, 03:34 PM
i had glass theme for firefox and removed it but still it is the same.... i'm out of mind where to look now so i will just let it be like this for now :)

psyko12
September 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hey all this is my 1st venture in editing system files for themes.

I've backed up my explorerframe.dll and have edited it via the txt file instruction.
How do I install the rest the start menu bmps and stuff? Do they have to be in a specific place?
Basically I placed those things inside the Nucleus folder in

C:\windows\resources\themes\

any enlightenment is highly appreciated. Thank you for this wonderful theme! :D

xstylez
September 6th, 2010, 02:30 AM
im trying to get this background folder pic pls can you let me have just that pic i tryed to pm but you seem very busy guy but pls can you help me http://i35.tinypic.com/33f4wp3.jpg

Ganondorf
September 6th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I need help with the start button, I'm new and don't really know what to do. Help would be appreciated and I looked around but couldn't find anything.

Darkstormz
September 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Would it be possible to put this into a 7tsp file? :) The Black version...

etritonakin
September 19th, 2010, 07:43 AM
This theme is AWESOME -but i have one peeve -it's a personal thing. The image of the light reflection on the start menu is curved -thin at the top and tapering out as it goes down (where it says pictures, music, games, etc... and on the other side)-and this is buggin' me for some reason -I want it to be straight all the way down. I don't mind tweaking it myself if possible with resource hacker, but I thought it would be quicker to ask which image(s) I might look for -as there are quite a few, and i have never loooked for these before. I found a little one and tweaked it -for the mini-pop-ups when you hover on items in the task bar, but am tired of clicking to look for the big 'un. What image number is it -or are they???

sameer3
September 19th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Would it be possible to put this into a 7tsp file? :) The Black version...

would like this as well to be in a 7tsp, both black and blue

*EDIT*
It finally started to work right and i was successful in modifying ExplorerFrame.dll

still having difficulty trying to replace the Win7 default clock picture with the Nucleus pic.. as far as having no idea how to replace the images.

dareckibmw
September 20th, 2010, 05:32 AM
This is nice! but there is little bugger in the taskbar, I think :)
it looks OK when I switch to "never combine", but at "always combine, hide labels" right side of the images gets cut or something?
I remember different theme long time ago and it has something to do with x86 (I use x86) ...is that correct? can we fix it somehow?
http://i52.tinypic.com/2s0znz5.jpg

xstylez
October 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
i just redownload this an still i do not get the folder background pls how do i get that the pic u have in the media player an the folder
in Re-Energized Nucleus Blue

Mr GRiM
October 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
This is nice! but there is little bugger in the taskbar, I think :)
it looks OK when I switch to "never combine", but at "always combine, hide labels" right side of the images gets cut or something?
I remember different theme long time ago and it has something to do with x86 (I use x86) ...is that correct? can we fix it somehow?
http://i52.tinypic.com/2s0znz5.jpg

You will have to add a blank toolbar to the left side to space it over a bit, there is no other workaround for it.

Mr GRiM
October 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
i just redownload this an still i do not get the folder background pls how do i get that the pic u have in the media player an the folder
in Re-Energized Nucleus Blue

to have the explorer backgrounds you have to replace the explorerframe.dll with the modified one and that will allow your theme to use the folder background image.

quaz1957
October 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
mr.g & re - really magnificent and remarkable workmanship [ 10 stars * ] - i'm in amazement how you are able and gifted to create extraordinary vs theme designs that transform the whole computing experience for users - in many ways a godsend - 2 excellent works magnificently crafted - i really appreciate great innate artistry, respect and care you put into your efforts - thank's much !!

Mr GRiM
October 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM
mr.g & re - really magnificent and remarkable workmanship [ 10 stars * ] - i'm in amazement how you are able and gifted to create extraordinary vs theme designs that transform the whole computing experience for users - in many ways a godsend - 2 excellent works magnificently crafted - i really appreciate great innate artistry, respect and care you put into your efforts - thank's much !!

Thanks again Quaz, nice to hear some positive comments, it's a shame that most people only download the themes and don't leave any. :)

TheLegend
October 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I really need help!! The theme works, but I have no idea how to change the clock. Also, I've followed precisely the same steps as I've done to install the theme previously on my pc as on my laptop, but I can't get it to work? When the theme changes it only shows that old basic windows type of theme. I have the Asus G73JW-A1 laptop if that might mean anything.

xlightx8
November 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
this work on 32 bit win 7 ? or is ther a version for 32 bit ? :worried: ty

dareckibmw
November 27th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I really need help!! The theme works, but I have no idea how to change the clock. Also, I've followed precisely the same steps as I've done to install the theme previously on my pc as on my laptop, but I can't get it to work? When the theme changes it only shows that old basic windows type of theme. I have the Asus G73JW-A1 laptop if that might mean anything.

I think there might be a problem with 1920x1080 resolution...I got an Asus G51JX-X1 for my wife, same resolution, and some Visual Styles just doesn't work. Try to change Text and other items larger or smaller
If you set 100% which is default setting it might work.

gor17981
November 29th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Absolutly stunning. Thanks

pyzonet
December 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM
icon link please!

HaCkthEplAneT
December 15th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks, Nice work Razor and Grim....You two are amazing when working together :gun:

Hermitono
January 2nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
Nice themes.. :happy:

Ryan_Se7en
January 6th, 2011, 02:41 AM
when I try paste the text file into your explorerframe.dll to have the images show in the background of folders and other windows, it doesnt let me save. It said it cannot create the ExploereFrame1.dll. How can fix it?

Mr GRiM
January 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM
first copy the file to the desktop and then make your edits, rename the original one .bak, you will also need to take ownership of the file first and then paste the new one in and restart to take effect.

Hermitono
January 10th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Mr. Razorsedge, where's I can find the folder icons set like in your Re-Energized-Nucleus-Blue theme...??? They look very cool in your Nucleus-Blue theme. :smile:

Stupendousman
January 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Okay, this is my first attempt at 'Theming: my Win7 x64

Frankly, i love this theme, and can't see myself ever changing it. Thank you for the efforts you have put into it.

I got the theme displaying properly. i have patched the ExplorerFrame.dll with the text, and the backgrounds finally appear on the explorer windows as they should.

The issue i have now, is that the taskbar and the Orb still are the old style, just colored now with the theme's colors.

Also, my start menu clock looks nothing like the screenshot. Mine is a white-faced analogue, as it comes by default.

Oh, and when i view the system proerties, the left panel is bright white (same as the text colour) which seems not to be correct. How to fix this?

Perhaps, Can someone please post a "Tutorial" that tells exactly where to put all of the files that come in the download? That would help out immensely for persons like myself having issues with getting it to look proper.

Abüminog
March 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, this is my first attempt at 'Theming: my Win7 x64

Frankly, i love this theme, and can't see myself ever changing it. Thank you for the efforts you have put into it.

I got the theme displaying properly. i have patched the ExplorerFrame.dll with the text, and the backgrounds finally appear on the explorer windows as they should.

The issue i have now, is that the taskbar and the Orb still are the old style, just colored now with the theme's colors.

Also, my start menu clock looks nothing like the screenshot. Mine is a white-faced analogue, as it comes by default.

Oh, and when i view the system proerties, the left panel is bright white (same as the text colour) which seems not to be correct. How to fix this?

Perhaps, Can someone please post a "Tutorial" that tells exactly where to put all of the files that come in the download? That would help out immensely for persons like myself having issues with getting it to look proper.

+1 :ashamed:

vlad tepes
April 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Great job, good designers that are here just waiting to have the work they deserve Sure, I'm glad a big hug, greetings to all do better windows 7. :loving:

TheLegend
April 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hi there!!

Ah as you've probably noticed, Windows SP 1 has been released..

By that I mean there's now a new version of wmploc.dll, and now the awesome looks of Windows Media Player is gone :'(

If I replace the wmploc.dll with the one used in this theme, my wmp doesn't work.

Could you maybe upload the new version of the dll's so it would work with the new Service PacK?

The new DLL's version is 12.0.7601.17514

Chandre
April 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Like TheLegend says your theme isnt work all of your style gone because of SP 1 i want to keep your awesome theme on my pc cheers :loving:

Mr GRiM
April 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hi there!!

Ah as you've probably noticed, Windows SP 1 has been released..

By that I mean there's now a new version of wmploc.dll, and now the awesome looks of Windows Media Player is gone :'(

If I replace the wmploc.dll with the one used in this theme, my wmp doesn't work.

Could you maybe upload the new version of the dll's so it would work with the new Service PacK?

The new DLL's version is 12.0.7601.17514

You can open the dll with a resource hacker and edit the version number and it will work

dosos
April 25th, 2011, 02:32 AM
great theme!!!amazing work,thank you!!!

jbalan
May 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM
THANK YOU, its Sleek and Clean.

gr33ndaybd
May 8th, 2011, 10:06 AM
thanks for share

mirel
July 3rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
this looks very nice, thanks for sharing...

cesarg1357
July 15th, 2011, 01:19 PM
This theme is just awesome thank you

The Archiver
July 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
hello all,

Mr.Grim, I have the same problem as virus mentioned on page one for transparent letters in settings box etc

but i haven't WSB to fix this,

can you tell me how to fix that without WSB ( too complicated for me lol )? or directly create an executable ? ( if it's possible :ashamed: )

(virus picture)

Mr GRiM
July 18th, 2011, 02:33 AM
hello all,

Mr.Grim, I have the same problem as virus mentioned on page one for transparent letters in settings box etc

can you tell me how to fix that without WSB ( too complicated for me lol )? or directly create an executable ? ( if it's possible :ashamed: )

(virus picture)

I updated the first post with a new version to fix this problem :smile:

The Archiver
July 18th, 2011, 04:25 AM
hello all,

(virus picture)

I updated the first post with a new version to fix this problem :smile:

nice :smile: it's perfect !

thanks mister :cool:

lahercoll
July 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM
perfect theme thank you friends :cool:

NAHOM
September 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
This theme is kick ass. thank you both of you masters:gun:

CrazySouthernBoy
September 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Nice theme. You guys should make Some Red & Black Themes.:cunning:

cloudkill
October 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
please help, everytime i download it, it says windows cant open this file, what do i do?

Mr GRiM
October 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Try using 7-zip to open it, it's a free program and open almost all zip archives :smile:

Mad Guns22
October 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Is there a way to install this theme with the theme resource manager? because im sorta paranoid about editing any dlls

lazer72
October 23rd, 2011, 04:53 AM
cool theme very clear cut

julio99
October 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Hey guys!
Nice work to both of you! Got a couple of quickies before I go to work on this. If I already have Resource Hacker installed do I still have to do the patching of the text on the ExplorerFrame.dll or will it go automatically like some of the other themes that had the auto-change when you had RH installed? On a x64 system do both sysWOW ans sys32 dll's have to be patched or just the sys32? I take it the clock and WMP skin dll's have to be replaced in both sysWOW and sys32 folders? Sorry for the questions guys. Just want to make sure I don't crash and burn if I don't have to. By the way guys, this theme does change explorer to black right? Dark theme I mean.

:happy:

fluxkiller
October 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
can i use the theme resource changer with this one? because im not good editing the dll things. anyway. this theme rocks. but hope i can install this with theme resource changer. thanks again :D

Cris Mena
October 29th, 2011, 01:04 AM
looks very good thank you:givahand:

julio99
October 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2706/helpog.jpg (http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2706/helpog.jpg) I have edited everything as needs and I can attach my files. I am running 64 bit 7 Ultimate but the back and forward buttons just remain standard, if anyone can help by uploading their Explorerframe.dll and the others it would be much appreciated I have tried about 4 times to re do the edits but to no success

If you are using a custom DPI that will cause it. Move it back to 100% If you are not using a custom DPI, then I don't have a clue.

kamika
October 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You said to fix this bug we have to add a blank toolbar but how does this work ?

julio99
October 30th, 2011, 08:51 PM
How do I change the shell 32 pics and the clock pics??? I'm using Win 7 X64

razorsedge
October 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
How do I change the shell 32 pics and the clock pics??? I'm using Win 7 X64

Hi Julio99 this is an older theme before we started using theme resource changer so to edit thos pics u need to edit the shell32.dll and timedate.cpl in system32 folder with restorator you can find a tutorial on how to do that here : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31050-How-to-edit-images-inside-your-dll-s-exe-s-or-cpl-files

julio99
October 31st, 2011, 01:09 AM
Pretty neat on the drag and drop in Restorator, however the problem I had tonight was I crashed and couldn't reboot to Windows after I replaced the shell 32.dll in the system 32 folder. Would that have been caused because I didn't put it in the x64 syswow too. I'm using windows 7 X64 HP. First I got this AtBroker.exe was unable to start and after I clicked on that I got explorer.exe was unable to start and I never even changed that so I figure it had something to do with the shell32 deal. Let me know what you think if you got any ideas or you've seen that before. I finally got out of the crash with a System Restore. It was testy for a while though.

razorsedge
October 31st, 2011, 04:14 AM
Pretty neat on the drag and drop in Restorator, however the problem I had tonight was I crashed and couldn't reboot to Windows after I replaced the shell 32.dll in the system 32 folder. Would that have been caused because I didn't put it in the x64 syswow too. I'm using windows 7 X64 HP. First I got this AtBroker.exe was unable to start and after I clicked on that I got explorer.exe was unable to start and I never even changed that so I figure it had something to do with the shell32 deal. Let me know what you think if you got any ideas or you've seen that before. I finally got out of the crash with a System Restore. It was testy for a while though.

Hi Julio99 not sure why you would get any errors did you take ownership of the shell32.dll in system32 before you copied to the folder u did so you could edit it and then before placing the new dll in system32 did you rename the shell32.dll in there to shell32.dll.old?

team10
November 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
TNx man....This is SOME cool stuff.....:Grim:

pena
November 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM
how the h**l i can install these themes so freakign complicated:sad:

Big V
November 11th, 2011, 10:41 PM
how the h**l i can install these themes so freakign complicated:sad: first off you might try asking a bit more nicely

Findrod
November 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good job guys :) i still prefer Mr. Grim's work, but i must say that you have very nice themes too, Razor :)

SLeePYG72786
December 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
^ ^ ^ Friendly bump.

ztusek
December 18th, 2011, 10:52 PM
very nice theme,will try it out

vikingking
December 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
great work!

RkmapZ
December 23rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
realy a great theme to apply in the desktop..............:)

Letícia®
December 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
theme amazing great work / / thanks:love::girl:

diesel1974
January 26th, 2012, 12:49 PM
tanks a lot !! u are good , keep work , and huge tanks for the time wasted for this job . realy good work, before that, i try to instal a lot of version of w7 black edition for theme, but not work fine . i apreciate this kind of work.: Băiat:: Băiat:: Băiat:

subtitle
February 15th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Excuse me, can you please show me how to install the theme? Sorry for being such a newbie...

MOST_WASTED
February 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Man these themes are insane i cant freakin take my eyes off of em. :amazed: i feel like i gotta pay for these man they're really that good. thank you so much. both did amazing jobs.
....ok thats enough i been starin at it for 15 minutes now Lol. have a good one guys

------------------

EDIT: just wanna know is using resource hacker okay with changing the bitmaps because one of the bitmaps from explorerframe.dll gave me an error and wont let me replace it. so i deleted that bitmap instead and then added yours. i could switch to restorator but a friend told me its not much of a difference between resource hacker and restorator. it costs money but i would switch to it though if it is more recommended for your themes. anyway i had to restore my system after having done all this so i am trying to figure out what the cause was. it was either this explorerframe bitmap or the changing of the orb which was the last one i was doing, that also gave me an error and made the whole taskbar disappear, im thinking i should've changed the orb only after i've replaced the whole skin because i had a different skin on before that and it uses a different sized orb. i might use some tips before trying that again i figured. all this is not that new to me but i did all this on xp and just recently switched to windows7 not even a month ago. editing was not much different but still getting used to replacing system files and such so i apologize for bugging you guys with this. just need some tips. thanks

charmx5
February 20th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Excellent work great theme :happy:

d4rkangel08
February 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
I'm really having problem with the task bar and orb...it doesn't seem to work..don't know why...:(

d4rkangel08
February 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
does icons (folders, mycomputer, etc.) change automatically or do i need to change it? tnx in advance sir.

Big V
February 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
on this theme i don't believe they are included. This is an older theme and extra have to be installed manually since this theme was made before theme resource changer was available to use and has never been updated

pinkfloyder
February 23rd, 2012, 04:52 AM
Thanks again!

mbtech45
March 2nd, 2012, 03:41 AM
THAT IS WAY TO COOL.

MOST_WASTED
June 21st, 2012, 06:47 AM
thank you thank you. u and razorsedge make an awesome team :peace:

IceBabee
June 22nd, 2012, 04:35 AM
AWESOME...AWESOME...AWESOME.....You two are just the best!!!!!!! :D

robj2005
June 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Great work by the both of you,thank you for sharing

peppersgc
June 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks!

eloliverrap228
June 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Great work

ehaaab
June 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
nice theme

silenttimestopper
July 10th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Sir Gud day! just wanna know how can i make the clock design in my laptop just like whats in your theme. and also how can i customize my gadgets like whats in ur theme... Tnx for this very awesome theme! :idk: pls help meh.

EuroEagle
July 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM
So I have everything installed correctly except the system clock, I cant figure that one out. If anyone can help that would be awesome, thanks.

Big V
July 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
So I have everything installed correctly except the system clock, I cant figure that one out. If anyone can help that would be awesome, thanks.

Here a tut to help you out bud http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31050-How-to-edit-images-inside-your-dll-s-exe-s-or-cpl-files
You have to manually edit the timedate.cpl

EuroEagle
July 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome thanks. Now I have one more that maybe you can answer. How do I get the epic icons with the like silver ring below them?

Big V
July 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
The plate and the icons are seperate items. Those little plates the Icons are sitting on is actually a dock skin for objectdock.

spookyville99
July 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
fantastic theme, especially the nucleus blue, thanx for the share, cheers

Jessyca
July 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hi there,
I have your Nucleus theme installed since it was released and I am very fond of it: it comes allready installed within a full version of windows 7 ultimate I ve download, so it was native. But today, some crash on windows does change some things, and your great system icons are gone, replaced by the win7 native and boring one. Beside, the nucleus logon screen is also gone, as well as the logoff screen, replaced by the native one. I ve downloaded your theme from this forum and installed it, but I have been unable to reinstall or repair the icons issue or the logoff and logon issue. I am very sad about that, as this theme does thrill me and it is the best dark theme I ever seen. I d like too to download the prometheus icons folder, and use it in the nucleus as certain of these icons are really of great mastery. You are a great designer, that´s for sure. I hope you can gimme a solution or explain me where the original icons from the nucleus theme are, how to restore ´em and how to reinstall the logon logoff screen- Thanks a lot :)

Kalevra1102
July 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Amazing theme, thank you!!!

BraFromZA
August 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
These are both awesome thank you!

lu270bro
September 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hello all! First off this site is awesome! just bought a new pc and was looking for some customization options as far as themes go for win7 and ran across this site. Thes 2 themes cought my eye, but there is some amazing artwork here. Now for my question. Is this installed via Theme Resource Changer or is this something that needs to be manually installed? I searched the forums and couldnt find anything definitive. Seems that TRC, 7tsp and other programs are used to install themes but couldnt find how to get this one installed. If someone would be kind enough to walk me through or point me in the direction of a proper installation guide I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

razorsedge
September 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hello all! First off this site is awesome! just bought a new pc and was looking for some customization options as far as themes go for win7 and ran across this site. Thes 2 themes cought my eye, but there is some amazing artwork here. Now for my question. Is this installed via Theme Resource Changer or is this something that needs to be manually installed? I searched the forums and couldnt find anything definitive. Seems that TRC, 7tsp and other programs are used to install themes but couldnt find how to get this one installed. If someone would be kind enough to walk me through or point me in the direction of a proper installation guide I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Here you go bud :)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37747-How-to-patch-windows-7-to-allow-3rd-party-themes-and-apply-themes-video-tutorial

video tutorial I made for just your type of issue :) if you have any other questions please let me know :)

lu270bro
September 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the llink. That video helped. I got the theme "installed" and I can change to it but I am missing something. There is no glass style anywhere, my taskbar is grey with some default looking start icons. The sounds worked and the cursors are there, but seems everything else is missing. I downloaded the second link to the updated Black Nucleus Glass version, unzipped it, and move the contents of the "Theme" folder over to /windows/Resources. Any ideo what I am missing? I reread the whole thread to make sure this wasnt already asked. Sorry for the amateur mistake and thanks again for the help!

razorsedge
September 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the llink. That video helped. I got the theme "installed" and I can change to it but I am missing something. There is no glass style anywhere, my taskbar is grey with some default looking start icons. The sounds worked and the cursors are there, but seems everything else is missing. I downloaded the second link to the updated Black Nucleus Glass version, unzipped it, and move the contents of the "Theme" folder over to /windows/Resources. Any ideo what I am missing? I reread the whole thread to make sure this wasnt already asked. Sorry for the amateur mistake and thanks again for the help!

ya normally what ur saying means that you have not patched ur system properly to allow 3rd party themes thats what they look like when the theme dll's are still locked to only the visual styles you download from microsoft. Just go back to the vid tut and dl universal theme patcher again patch ur system with it , its a silent installer so all you have to do is right click it and run as admin it will patch all for u after you repatch the system files just do a quick reboot and then go to personalize and apply the theme again voila u will be all fixed up :)

AnUfFsTuFf
September 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Nice work!! Thank You!

lu270bro
September 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
ya normally what ur saying means that you have not patched ur system properly to allow 3rd party themes thats what they look like when the theme dll's are still locked to only the visual styles you download from microsoft. Just go back to the vid tut and dl universal theme patcher again patch ur system with it , its a silent installer so all you have to do is right click it and run as admin it will patch all for u after you repatch the system files just do a quick reboot and then go to personalize and apply the theme again voila u will be all fixed up :)

Thanks for the help Razor, but it still is not working. Still get the default looking windows style for taskbar and all the windows. I have a restore point that is just before I started all this so I may go back to it and start over to see if that helps. Very frustrating as this theme is sick. I MUST HAVES THIS!

Btw, I am running win7 HPrem 64 bit 6 gb ram gtx 660m, and its an alienware. not sure if any of that makes any difference.

lu270bro
September 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
also, is there a program or something I need to install to initially enabel the glass effect of 3rd party themes, such as vistaglazz or some such? Thanks.

Big V
September 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the help Razor, but it still is not working. Still get the default looking windows style for taskbar and all the windows. I have a restore point that is just before I started all this so I may go back to it and start over to see if that helps. Very frustrating as this theme is sick. I MUST HAVES THIS!

Btw, I am running win7 HPrem 64 bit 6 gb ram gtx 660m, and its an alienware. not sure if any of that makes any difference.

It sounds to me you don't fully have your system patched make sure your using the correct version for your OS their are 2 different versions one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit OS
Also make sure you have theme resource changer installed also
If you prefer to use a manual install of theme patcher instead of silent version i just uploaded a manual install version of the app located here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/42812-Universal-Theme-Patcher-Manual-Install?p=243002#post243002

Big V
September 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
also, is there a program or something I need to install to initially enabel the glass effect of 3rd party themes, such as vistaglazz or some such? Thanks.

I use black glass enhanced for glass effects i find it to be a better program because you can set what you want to be glassed by simply adding the exe to the .ini file using notepad in the program http://curiouso9.deviantart.com/#/d2lbr61
unpack the download and copy the exe and .ini to your startup folder if you want it start everytime windows does

lu270bro
September 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
ok something is fubar on my m17x. I just went through the installation on my desktop running 32 bit win7 and it fired right up. For some reason on my alienware it wont take. I wouldnt think that 64bit vs 32bit would cause any issues. I installed the Annihilator glass theme and it works fine. I am stumped. I have twice restored to a pretty much out of the box state with this laptop and I am stuck. not sure what else to do. Thanks for all the help folks! This here is a fantastic community!

tweak919
April 23rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
This is pretty wicked

RICH2466
April 24th, 2013, 11:41 PM
WOW, These themes are GREAT, a BIG THANK YOU to you and Mr. GRIM, THANKS AGAIN!

J.Cyanide
April 27th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Raze, Grim,

How is it I just found about this?

Well, if it ain't for those late t' the party, I certainly woulda never known.

So, Rich, n' fella 'bove 'im, cheers, mates.

As for the designers of this here scheme, Raze, Grim...have mercy, boys.

It's like teamin' up Wright & Gehry, and sendin' them out across the desert at night in a jacked-up Eldorado Coup...full of amyl nit...

Hmmm...what? Sorry 'bout that, sucker got away from me.

Very slick, boys; curves, lighting, perspective, sheen...very slick.

Ah'm a little afraid t' drive it.

Ecclesiastically,

JC

X0RSIST
July 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
No buttons in application windows when glass is disabled, ASSISTANCE please.

ONE MAN ARMY
July 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
No buttons in application windows when glass is disabled, ASSISTANCE please.

Could you please post a screenshot of your issue. So I can see exactly whats going on. Thanks

HondoMan
July 13th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Need some help guys.

Mr Grim has made a really great theme here, but I'm having some trouble with the instructions. I have Win7 x64.

The instructions are making my head spin. Sorry, that I'm not getting it. I hope someonw can help set me straight.

From the instructions txt in the rar file and my comments.

Open the explorerframe dll in the system 32 folder for both x86 and x64 in restorator or your perfered file editing program (I am using Windows Editor)

go to the uifolder (I don't have a uifolder - am I missing something from the download?)

click on it to expand

click on 40960 (I assume you mean the Explorer Frame Ui File 40960?)

at the top of restorator click the rc button and then the ab button (as I'm using another program, what functions do rc and ab do so that I can mimic them in Editor?)

select all the text (from the Ui File 40960?)

then go to the explorerframe 40960 text note in this download (now I'm really confused. Aren't I already at that file or am I confused still and again?)

copy all of the text and paste it over the text in the explorerframe uifile 40960 (Copy 40960 to 40960?)

then save the dll (the Explorerframel file? The instructions seem to lack detail as to what I'm to do with that file.)

It seems as if I am missing files, methinks. I'm not sure.

Sorry, perhaps I'm merely old and dence. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something here, just not sure what.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

MOST_WASTED
July 14th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Need some help guys.

Mr Grim has made a really great theme here, but I'm having some trouble with the instructions. I have Win7 x64.

The instructions are making my head spin. Sorry, that I'm not getting it. I hope someonw can help set me straight.

From the instructions txt in the rar file and my comments.

Open the explorerframe dll in the system 32 folder for both x86 and x64 in restorator or your perfered file editing program (I am using Windows Editor)

go to the uifolder (I don't have a uifolder - am I missing something from the download?)

click on it to expand

click on 40960 (I assume you mean the Explorer Frame Ui File 40960?)

at the top of restorator click the rc button and then the ab button (as I'm using another program, what functions do rc and ab do so that I can mimic them in Editor?)

select all the text (from the Ui File 40960?)

then go to the explorerframe 40960 text note in this download (now I'm really confused. Aren't I already at that file or am I confused still and again?)

copy all of the text and paste it over the text in the explorerframe uifile 40960 (Copy 40960 to 40960?)

then save the dll (the Explorerframel file? The instructions seem to lack detail as to what I'm to do with that file.)

It seems as if I am missing files, methinks. I'm not sure.

Sorry, perhaps I'm merely old and dence. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something here, just not sure what.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

no worries it can get a little confusing at first i admit it was for me too back then. i hope this will help u.
ok first of all in your syswow64 folder (64bit windows) , system32 folder (32bit windows) you will find the file explorerframe.dll. open it with restorator or resource hacker (here's a link on where to download resource hacker, it is free - http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
and here's a screenshot of what u will get when you open explorerframe.dll , as u can see on the left the 40960 is in the UIFILE folder. and from there just follow the instructions they gave you

Lamia
July 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Top job, thank you for sharing! :Peace:

doobydude
September 8th, 2013, 03:07 AM
hey, these themes are pretty amazing. its a piece of art. But i am stumped as how to install this theme. i have never installed one before. i have downloaded themes through the control panel and used those ones before. but i have nooo idea how to install these. could you please help me by explaining in complete dummy steps for me so i will know how to do it. i really want this theme on my computer because i think it is an absolute masterpiece, i love it, excellant job BTW. thank you!!

ONE MAN ARMY
September 8th, 2013, 04:09 AM
hey, these themes are pretty amazing. its a piece of art. But i am stumped as how to install this theme. i have never installed one before. i have downloaded themes through the control panel and used those ones before. but i have nooo idea how to install these. could you please help me by explaining in complete dummy steps for me so i will know how to do it. i really want this theme on my computer because i think it is an absolute masterpiece, i love it, excellant job BTW. thank you!!

Here is a great way to learn all you need to know to install 3rd party themes.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37747-How-to-patch-windows-7-to-allow-3rd-party-themes-and-apply-themes-video-tutorial

barnestah
October 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=ONE MAN ARMY;279531]Here is a great way to learn all you need to know to install 3rd party themes.

Thanks that was really useful. wish I had found it a week ago before going blind, Lol
Still.. I think I learnt the hard way. :cheeky:

xAces
October 20th, 2013, 02:25 AM
hey mr grim where is the epic blue picture in the folder from you? i would this pls answer!:)

xAces
October 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
hey grim you picture from the mediaplayer in the last picture what name have this? i would this

mike 59
October 30th, 2013, 06:54 PM
thank you for your hard work and for sharing
:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Aussiedroid
January 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Many thanks for this theme, simple yet sexy black!

Aussiedroid
January 24th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Mr. Grim & Razorsedge,

I see this is an old thread and not sure if you are still around but I was wondering if there was any chance of a couple of minor changes to the Black theme? Its soooo close to perfect for me but would it be possible to for a slightly modified Nucleus Basic Black version:

1) Change the taskbar / time to the one you have in your Basic Black theme? (I think this one taskbar looks perfect, but love everything else in this theme)

2) Change the text back in the explorer address bar (between the navigation buttons and search) to the default windows font? (I find the font a little on the big side and harder to read)

3) Reduce the reflection on the side parts of the start menu by about 50%? (They are a little overwhelmingly bright :) )

I know you probably get a million and one requests for such changes, but started looking at customising it myself over the past few hours but looks well beyond my abilities to figure out so wanted to seek your help. Would be greatly appreciated!

Would be more than happy to send a donation your way for your time and efforts.

Thanks so much mate!

Aussiedroid

Robbo
February 28th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Incredible theme razorsedge (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/148478-razorsedge) and Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) many thanks to you both.

triosasuke22
June 1st, 2015, 12:56 PM
im a newbie here and it is an amazing theme but i dont know how to use it.... i use HUD themepack by mr grim the blue one... it is eay but i want to know how to use this one.... pls help me....

astor
August 8th, 2015, 11:55 AM
By far my favorite theme. However, i recently updated to Win 10. Will there be a version of this for Win 10? Please? :D

Nimbi
March 25th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Yo, looks like the screenshots on this one are gone. Haven't tested the download but might be worht looking into if you still have this one available MR GRiM.

Robbo
March 25th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Screenshot above
Mediafire link not working, but link from site is.