PDA

View Full Version : Another way to change user picture?

wassamatteru
July 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Twas only as I developed a need to change my user pic that I realised something had at some point wiped out my nusrmgr.cpl. This being Microsoft there is no sane way to simply get yourself a new one (reinstall fails without it - genius!) which is not that big a deal as this is and is always likely to be a single user machine but still I would like to change that picture. So is there a way to do that bypassing the non-existent control panel applet?

wassamatteru
August 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
I assume from the deafening silence that the answer is no so I guess the next question is can anybody let me have a nusrmgr.cpl file so that I can attempt to return to normal service (it's not a file that restored by sfc apparently so I wiped out all my customised system files for nothing!!) :angry:

I'm on W7 Professional 32bit if it makes a difference. (Well I am whether it makes a difference or not but you know what I mean!)

Dave Senior
August 2nd, 2010, 09:28 PM
I don,t have that file either-32bit home premium

sounddevil13
August 3rd, 2010, 01:42 AM
Hope this helps
http://www.virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28342-Change-the-Logon-Frame

wassamatteru
August 3rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Er ... not really. It's the content not the frame that I can't change. But thanks for trying.

wassamatteru
August 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Amazingly enough I have stumbled upon the answer to this ....

explorer.exe shell:::{60632754-c523-4b62-b45c-4172da012619}

This opens the necessary user account editing thingumajig so presumably that's all the control panel applet does? Anyway, mission accomplished (at long last!)