PDA

View Full Version : Annihilator For Windows 7

Mr GRiM
August 22nd, 2010, 12:46 PM
Annihilator For Windows 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GCvNpgVdE

Youtube Video made by HaCkthEplAneT

Prepare to be Annihilated with my latest theme, this project was started with some ideas that razorsedge and I had for a theme that we worked on together to begin with and then we both had some of our own ideas and we decided to have a small competition to see who's ideas would turn out the best.

We made a thread about it which was allot of fun, which you can find here called The Spirit of Competition (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3312&start=30) and you can see some of the ideas we both had, from that I came up with 2 design concepts, a light and a dark theme and razorsedge continued with the theme now known as Supernova that has now been released and he has done a really excellent job on it, you can get his new theme here Supernova (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=3486).

So this is the first of 2 themes, my light version is still only a concept and I haven't started making it into a theme yet but it will happen and will be released in the near future, both themes will be packed for use with 7tsp and can be installed or uninstalled using 7tsp found http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28733-Tool-Se7en-Theme-Source-patcher-v0.3-Build-3003

For a Tutorial on how to use 7tsp have a look http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33220-Video-How-To-Install-A-Custom-7tsp-Icon-Pack

Theme Includes:

:bulletgreen: Annihilator Theme
:bulletgreen: Full Glass Blue Icons
:bulletgreen: System Clock
:bulletgreen: Shell32 Control panel images
:bulletgreen: MAX Glass Icons by basj
:bulletgreen: New Sound Schemes, Tinker, Glass & Pearl
:bulletgreen: ieframe (IE8) Skin/Mod
:bulletgreen: System Properties Logo
:bulletgreen: Getting Started top Pane
:bulletgreen: Games Menu Preview Pane
:bulletgreen: New WEI index images with square borders
:bulletgreen: wmploc (Windows Media Player) Skin/Mod
:bulletgreen: New Fonts Eurostile & Micrograma
:bulletgreen: Other stuff I forgot to mention

All features you see above will be installed automatically using the 7tsp installer, if there are features you do not want installed then you may have to remove them from the pack before installation, a restore point will be made before install and there is also an uninstall option in 7tsp.

Download the Annihilator theme Extras http://www.mediafire.com/file/3f2c5lq21ecvee4/7tsp_MrGRiM's_Annihilator_Pack_v0.2.7z

Download the theme here http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnnpmxodg513vtt/Annihilator.7z

Or if you want just the theme Download this one. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30502-Annihilator-For-Windows-7

Update: 13-10-2010 - Fixed a bug with explorer crashing when changing taskbar position and tooltip problem being too close to mouse pointer, theme also updated optimized for full use with Theme Resource0 changer, please use 7tsp to uninstall old theme first and make sure it has been removed from the personalization menu before using the updated theme.

bgjerlow designs
August 22nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Looks really good, boss :D

BTW, first comment :p

razorsedge
August 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Awesome bud just awesome :)

You worked really hard on this and it came out beautiful it was a lot of fun doing this with you and man did u ever teach me so much man just great this is an amazing theme :)

nofx1994
August 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
a great looking theme this is why you are the master of the window seven visual style world :shock: :burns:

Mr GRiM
August 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks Guys, glad you like it :)

lysy1993pl
August 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Awensome!

I`m waiting for this :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for sharing :-D

<3 This theme XD

Fixit
August 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Very nice! :cool:

Amazing work!

lysy1993pl
August 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
When you relase a white version ;>

Mr GRiM
August 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
When you relase a white version ;>

I am going to have a short break and then I will get started on the white version, at the moment it's all in PSD format but it should not take to long to complete.

bigcyco1
August 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
good job grim man you are the best no bullshit you so dam good :what:

mauam
August 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Amazing as always, :burns:

Big V
August 23rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
Absolutely Amazing !!! :burns: I don't know who theme to use since yours and razorsedge are both totally awesome!!! Guess I will have to flip a coin to decide whos I am gonna use. Heads or Tails??? lmao

3chiflones
August 23rd, 2010, 05:29 AM
AWESOME THEME BRO!....your work is simply amazing :cool:

Big V
August 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
This was the first time i used tsp I have a couple of small issues 1. No cursor installed. Do i need to have cursorfx installed first? 2. It did not change the logon wallpaper (no major problems since i had already changed it using winlogon changer). 3. I have the same problem i posted with razors supernova theme in photoshop (already fixed using buttons from concept theme). 4. clock did not change (had already modded it to razors supernova so no biggie either). I just thought i would post what i experienced the theme looks excellent i absolutely love the media player skin

Fixit
August 23rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hi,

Cursors install via inf will be available in the next update of 7tsp...

for the logonui background, did u select the check box to patch it?

thanx for reporting.

gt01230123
August 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Very nice! :D

I am just wondering, is there a way to install (ex. Windows\Resources\Themes) rather than using 7tsp? 7tsp seems to be a bit laggy especially during log in times.

Big V
August 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
yes it was checked fixit

ZeroKnight
August 24th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Very nice! You really are the best Win7 stylist GRiM.
The theme is beautiful, though I have one gripe. I know it's for effect, but I'm not partial to there not being anything for maximize/restore and minimize. Since the buttons are different sizes, it's a bit too much guesswork.

Other than that I find no other fault with it. Excellent work GRiM.

Mr GRiM
August 24th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Hi,

Cursors install via inf will be available in the next update of 7tsp...

for the logonui background, did u select the check box to patch it?

thanx for reporting.

Fixit that will hapen because he has used another program already to change his log on screen and they will override the ones from the theme as they are in C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds and they will overide the default ones if you have ones in there, maybe we it would be best if the log on images went in there instead of the imageres.dll.

Also there is a checkbox in the cursors selection screen to change the cursors with the theme so he may have unchecked that already, when I tested the installer on the VM it was a fresh install and everything was installed fine, the only problem I did have though was the fonts didn't get installed.

Mr GRiM
August 24th, 2010, 02:53 AM
The theme is beautiful, though I have one gripe. I know it's for effect, but I'm not partial to there not being anything for maximize/restore and minimize. Since the buttons are different sizes, it's a bit too much guesswork.

Not that I think anyone should have a problem knowing what the 2 buttons are for but anyway here is one for you with some different coloured ones, I hope that will be better for you.

Fixit
August 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM
for the logonui,
that would not be to hard. ill see what i can do with it...

cursor install via inf is already supported, but the inf needs to be called "cursors.inf"

and i'll take a look at the fonts...

thanx Mark :)

ZeroKnight
August 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I like the way that looks, thank you GRiM ^__^

Dalon
August 25th, 2010, 07:17 AM
hi, Mark

your annihilator theme is a perfect example of your génial creativity. Perfect and serious job, thanks for your hard job.I' am KO and OK....

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH.... XD

The imagination is more important than the knowledge.

Citations de Albert Einstein

sounddevil13
August 25th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Best theme Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Senior
August 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Cool, I like

:icon_cool:

TheDarkMind
August 30th, 2010, 03:33 AM
one question .. Its run under Windows 7 X64 ?

Mav
August 30th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Hi Mr GRiM. I love almost all of your themes and other works around VC. They're almost always exactly what I'm after. I've always been more into neutral colours like blacks whites and grays, instead of the reds, blues and greens. So a lot of your themes suit me amazingly.

I was just wondering if there's a way to background colours on certain area's so they're back to default? Things like Windows Live have had their backgrounds hijacked by the theme, and can often make reading things difficult. It's not visible in this screenshot, but in other emails with a darker font it's difficult to read against the dark gray background.

http://i35.tinypic.com/64ikqp.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me :]

-Mav

Mr GRiM
August 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Try changing the window color in the advanced appearance settings in the color personalization menu.

Mav
August 30th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Try changing the window color in the advanced appearance settings in the color personalization menu.

Thanks very much! As you can tell I'm a total newbie at the whole modding windows thing. I only just got into it the last few days, so I'm learning slowly.

Thanks for all the awesome work! :D

ZeroKnight
September 5th, 2010, 01:22 AM

Not that I think anyone should have a problem knowing what the 2 buttons are for but anyway here is one for you with some different coloured ones, I hope that will be better for you.

You know, I'm not sure why I didn't notice it until now, but in the screenshot you provided, I saw along with the 3 different colored ones, yours shows 3 glowing bars, two blue and one red. For some reason, I only have 1 blue bar where the the exit button would be. I like the look of yours alot, and would love to have it.
Any ideas on why I only have 1 of the buttons showing? (the original ones, not the red/green/blue)

Another thing I've noticed, is that the theme really is quite inclusive. Perhaps a bit too inclusive. I've only noticed it in a few programs, but the theme settings mess with the UI of "KeePass Password Safe", "Open Office Impress", and "Code::Blocks". In Impress, everything looks monochrome, the buttons change, and all color ceases to be anything other than a light black color, even if the color is something else. In KeePass, the menu UI is really messed up, text sticking over from other menus, and the toolbar showing up in them as well. Code::Blocks' toolbars a mix of black and white, and look like they were resized.

I can solve all the difficulties by switching themes temporarily, but it takes about 20-30 seconds each time, and can become a hassle.

I don't know what you can do to remedy it, but I figured I'd let you know. I'm hoping you can help, I love this theme and don't plan on dropping it for a long while.36513

[EDIT]
Details on the screenshots:

The KeePass menu is after switching through the sub menus, all the previous text stays there, continuously adding.
The Impress screenshot shows some color, but those are images. All of the text is supposed to be blue, but is instead that light gray color.

A Guy
September 5th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Great theme as always Mark. Many thanks. A Guy

Mr GRiM
September 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM

You know, I'm not sure why I didn't notice it until now, but in the screenshot you provided, I saw along with the 3 different colored ones, yours shows 3 glowing bars, two blue and one red. For some reason, I only have 1 blue bar where the the exit button would be. I like the look of yours alot, and would love to have it.
Any ideas on why I only have 1 of the buttons showing? (the original ones, not the red/green/blue)

Another thing I've noticed, is that the theme really is quite inclusive. Perhaps a bit too inclusive. I've only noticed it in a few programs, but the theme settings mess with the UI of "KeePass Password Safe", "Open Office Impress", and "Code::Blocks". In Impress, everything looks monochrome, the buttons change, and all color ceases to be anything other than a light black color, even if the color is something else. In KeePass, the menu UI is really messed up, text sticking over from other menus, and the toolbar showing up in them as well. Code::Blocks' toolbars a mix of black and white, and look like they were resized.

I can solve all the difficulties by switching themes temporarily, but it takes about 20-30 seconds each time, and can become a hassle.

I don't know what you can do to remedy it, but I figured I'd let you know. I'm hoping you can help, I love this theme and don't plan on dropping it for a long while.

[EDIT]
Details on the screenshots:

The KeePass menu is after switching through the sub menus, all the previous text stays there, continuously adding.
The Impress screenshot shows some color, but those are images. All of the text is supposed to be blue, but is instead that light gray color.

The screen I posted was 3 different screens that I merged in Photoshop so it's the same as what you have, as for the bugs you mentioned I am not sure what happened there because I thought I fixed the one in the properties window but I just downloaded the one I gave you and I didn't do the fix on that one, anyway I fixed that one on KeyPass and also the white boxes on Code Blocks but the Window colour on Open Office is something you should be able to change in the advanced appearance setting in the colour personalization menu.

ZeroKnight
September 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Many thanks, GRiM, much respect ^^

Though for the advanced window colors, is there a way to have it effect only OpenOffice? Changing the OpenOffice colors inadvertently changed explorer backgrounds as well...
I apologize if I'm bothersome over this. :/

Mr GRiM
September 6th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Many thanks, GRiM, much respect ^^

Though for the advanced window colors, is there a way to have it effect only OpenOffice? Changing the OpenOffice colors inadvertently changed explorer backgrounds as well...

No the same colour setting are what ou have in WSB for that and there is no way for it to only effect Open office and nothing else.

imported_devereau
September 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Awesome, this is The One!!!

glassyeyed
September 9th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Another awesome theme. Keep up the good work and by next week my C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder should be twice the size of the used space on my entire C drive now.

ZeroKnight
September 11th, 2010, 06:29 AM
[quote="ZeroKnight » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 am (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?p=20048#p20048)":1xvviiyd]Many thanks, GRiM, much respect ^^

No the same colour setting are what ou have in WSB for that and there is no way for it to only effect Open office and nothing else.[/quote:1xvviiyd]

Ahhh, Alright. A bit disappointing, but I don't need to use OO very often, so it's not that big a deal. Thanks again GRiM. ^__^

Jaitsu
September 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Posted this in the other thread, but probably should have put it here.

Great theme, my favorite yet, but one problem: I tried to do the trick where you make a toolbar with a blank name on the taskbar and then move it to the left to center the bar, but when this theme is installed, it just crashes explorer.exe nonstop when I try to move it to the left. Tried doing it on another theme and then switching, but then explorer.exe gets stuck in a crash loop and I have to use Safe Mode to fix it.

romuald777
September 19th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Looks really good

PLAY3R_ON3
October 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
PERFECT MAN, this theme was so easy to install u should make all ur future themes in 7tsp from now on!

PLAY3R_ON3
October 12th, 2010, 10:39 PM
PERFECT MAN, this theme was so easy to install u should make all ur future themes in 7tsp from now on!

Mr GRiM
October 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Posted this in the other thread, but probably should have put it here.

Great theme, my favorite yet, but one problem: I tried to do the trick where you make a toolbar with a blank name on the taskbar and then move it to the left to center the bar, but when this theme is installed, it just crashes explorer.exe nonstop when I try to move it to the left. Tried doing it on another theme and then switching, but then explorer.exe gets stuck in a crash loop and I have to use Safe Mode to fix it.

I found a small bug that caused the explorer crash, I fixed it already on the theme that doesn't use 7tsp and I will update this one shortly.

Edit: theme now updated, please follow the instructions in the info on the main post.

nighttrain
October 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM
this is bad arse man!!!! :gun: thanks for all the great work you all do. i love this site!!!!!

nirvanastarr
October 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
This theme is F____G awesome!!!

I noticed one little thing.....the font color.

In fact, sometimes is difficult to see the text. For example, using IM TRANSLATOR or by using the BLACK COLOR in EXCEL or WORD ...

I was wondering if is possible change the font color or add to the theme pack a set of colors, so every user can choose best color.

This "problem", however, is very small and unimportant.

I attach an example.

Bye Guys!

Dwarven24
October 29th, 2010, 03:30 AM
thanks a lot :D XD
awesome theme
Exellent and amazing job

5/5

Mr GRiM
October 29th, 2010, 04:27 AM

In fact, sometimes is difficult to see the text. For example, using IM TRANSLATOR or by using the BLACK COLOR in EXCEL or WORD ...

I was wondering if is possible change the font color or add to the theme pack a set of colors, so every user can choose best color.

I attach an example.

Bye Guys!

In the color Personalization menu you can go into advanced appearance and from there change the Windows Color to something a bit lighter.

nirvanastarr
October 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
In the color Personalization menu you can go into advanced appearance and from there change the Windows Color to something a bit lighter.

Ok thanks man! :cool:

crash621
October 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I have been following your work and you are extremely good. I am a nnnnnoooob. But I enjoy all the work I find it and I know what goes good together. It's a start. Thank you!

nirvanastarr
October 29th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Another little question....

I also downloaded Annhilator "light version". Now Annihilator "dark blue version" (theme present on this thread) is installed on my pc. If I wanted to install the light version, I must first uninstall the dark blue version, or can I install the light above the dark?

Mr GRiM
October 30th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Another little question....

I also downloaded Annhilator "light version". Now Annihilator "dark blue version" (theme present on this thread) is installed on my pc. If I wanted to install the light version, I must first uninstall the dark blue version, or can I install the light above the dark?

Not sure if it matters too much but I usually uninstall the old pack before using a new one.

nirvanastarr
October 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks Bro!

ultimately I think is better uninstall first the old theme....

ZeroKnight
November 1st, 2010, 04:42 AM
I've realized that this entire time I've had the wrong window border. For whatever reason, my window borders look like this:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9576/screenshot000109.png

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9884/screenshot000110.png

Yet in the screenshot you provided, your borders are drastically different, and the Close, Maximize and Minimize button animations most likely work.
What's even more strange is I switched from Annihilator to Windows Classic, and back again, and had the correct window border.
The one with the glowing blue middle, and the glassy corners. But then after a while, text started getting these odd backgrounds. When I restarted, I once again no longer had the correct window border.

I've tried undoing all the patches with 7tsp, even deleting the Annihilator folder in Themes. Re-applying didn't work, and I have this bad looking window border as shown in the screencaps.

I want the right window border, the one that looks like yours in the screenshot in the first post. Even more strange, the Find box in Notepad++ has the right border, but no other window on my system does:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2614/screenshot000112.png

It's the ONLY place that window border shows up. It wont do it for any other window border like it should...I just get the border shown in the first two screenshots...

Please help me GRiM, I'm completely in love with this Visual Style and I really want it to look it's best D:

Mr GRiM
November 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
I've realized that this entire time I've had the wrong window border. For whatever reason, my window borders look like this:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9576/screenshot000109.png

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9884/screenshot000110.png

Yet in the screenshot you provided, your borders are drastically different, and the Close, Maximize and Minimize button animations most likely work.
What's even more strange is I switched from Annihilator to Windows Classic, and back again, and had the correct window border.
The one with the glowing blue middle, and the glassy corners. But then after a while, text started getting these odd backgrounds. When I restarted, I once again no longer had the correct window border.

I've tried undoing all the patches with 7tsp, even deleting the Annihilator folder in Themes. Re-applying didn't work, and I have this bad looking window border as shown in the screencaps.

I want the right window border, the one that looks like yours in the screenshot in the first post. Even more strange, the Find box in Notepad++ has the right border, but no other window on my system does:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2614/screenshot000112.png

It's the ONLY place that window border shows up. It wont do it for any other window border like it should...I just get the border shown in the first two screenshots...

Please help me GRiM, I'm completely in love with this Visual Style and I really want it to look it's best D:

OK I figured it out, it's because you have disabled shadows on your frames, enable it and it should look fine, there were extra frames called shadowless frames and until now I did not know where they were used, sorry about that.

ZeroKnight
November 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
Heh, I guess we both learned something. Heh, what an interesting fix.

Thank you so much GRiM ^__^
This is by far my favorite of all your skins, I've made nearly all my apps match it.

HaCkthEplAneT
November 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
this looks really amazing....thanks a bunch :smile:

genioenred
December 1st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi guys!

I really like this theme but i'm having trouble reading some text because its colour font is black and the background is dark. I have problems with the 3 following text:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7630/43397816.png

Is the any way to change the colour of those fonts?

Bye!

nirvanastarr
December 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Genioenred....I had same problem....look my post at the top of this page.....look:

Mr. Grim answered:

Hope this help you!

Sorry for my english

genioenred
December 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Finally i decided to unistall the theme and install the LIGHT version. After modifying some FONTS (Start menu, clock, etc), COLOUR FONTS (clock, tabs and some menus) and the the colour of the TOOLBAR (now i can see the TASKBAR icons and the clock better) this is the result:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4661/almod.jpg

Thank you Mr Grim for the theme.

Bye!

xSeaxOtterx
December 31st, 2010, 02:53 AM
Hello Mr. GRiM,

This is my 1st time to do this and I messed up pretty bad. It doesn't really look like what it's supposed to at all. If you want specs then ask away b/c I'm not sure what you want, but any help would be wonderful!

Thank you,
xSeaxOtterx

http://i54.tinypic.com/i3if5u.jpg

Big V
December 31st, 2010, 05:32 AM
Hello Mr. GRiM,

This is my 1st time to do this and I messed up pretty bad. It doesn't really look like what it's supposed to at all. If you want specs then ask away b/c I'm not sure what you want, but any help would be wonderful!

Thank you,
xSeaxOtterx

http://i54.tinypic.com/i3if5u.jpg
looks like you don't have your system files patched for 3rd party themes view this topic viewtopic.php?f=156&t=2487 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=2487)

xSeaxOtterx
December 31st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Wow thank you very much for the help! It is a beautiful theme. Thank you

lahercoll
April 12th, 2011, 05:25 AM
really nice excellent work friend thank you :happy:

Juiced
May 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
nice nice nice its great work very thanks for this

Gruffydd Moorsider
January 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Um...
I can't seem to get the download link to work. it keeps saying "Retry download", ater attemtpint to opne the link. Any suggestions?
:)

CrazySouthernBoy
January 10th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Um...
I can't seem to get the download link to work. it keeps saying "Retry download", ater attemtpint to opne the link. Any suggestions?
:)
I was able to download it just fine but here you go..

XXXxxxXXX
January 10th, 2012, 03:22 PM
With me it worked after clicking retry, anyway I uploaded you the theme on another server...
http://www.file-upload.net/download-4019428/7tsp_MrGRiM-s_Annihilator_Pack_v0.3.7z.html

Edit: lol Now you can choose between VC Server and FileUpload Server XD I didn't saw CSBs post because I didn't reload the page while uploading...

Kzrdr
January 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks You for your great work on this theme pack.
This is the 2nd theme I tryed of yours with the 7tsp, Excellent install on both.
You almost make this too easy for a Newbe.:tu:

Thanks again.

ratboy
May 19th, 2012, 01:45 PM
real nice work m8 :no1:

MOST_WASTED
June 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM
Looks awesome MrGRiM thank you very much :Smile:

mattscott
June 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
looks great thanks for the up

djg781