PDA

View Full Version : hard drive external

_Deano_
September 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
alrite people i have just got my external caddy case for this laptop hard drive 120gb but its split into 2 53gb's which i dont want how do i merge them together anybody help thanx :cool:

Bituser
September 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Are they harddrives physically split or just partitioned?

_Deano_
September 4th, 2010, 01:46 PM
they are partitioned m8 but i have merged them back together now its connected via usb '

i think its actually slowed my comp down a little not sure why any ideas :idk:

MADBIKER1960
October 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM
they are partitioned m8 but i have merged them back together now its connected via usb '

i think its actually slowed my comp down a little not sure why any ideas :idk:

I am not a techie, but when I used an external hard drive for running programs I found that they were slowed down a minuet amount.

It was explained to me that the main computer has to read off the external drive and then process it through it the processor and if the program requires a lot of reading this causes slower reaction times. :shock:

Majority of people that use external hard drives do so as a back up device for their precious irreplaceables that are on their main PC's. :party2:

I am not sure if it is possible, but have you tried syncronizing the two? :cool:

Is that even possible? :idk:

Thanks. :icon_mrgreen:

MADBIKER1960

night_whisper
June 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Try to defregment it. If I understand, you have 1 drive in external case, and it was split on 2 partitions, you merged them and now its slower ? Are you shure it is connected to USB 2.0 port?