PDA

View Full Version : Covert PNG To BMP

Wayneh38
September 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
what is the easiest way to convert png to bmp and how to do it with out the background turning white. I have tried it different ways and none turn out right. I have access to cs5. Thank you

wassamatteru
September 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm assuming that you want to change a transparent background in the png with a black one in the bmp in which case the rather obvious solution is to do an opaque black fill. I'm not aware of any conversion software that does that automatically but someone may know different. If, on the other hand, you want to retain the transparency you just need to save it as a 32 bit bmp (this is an option in GIMP, don't know about PS).

Wayneh38
September 9th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Thank You

chopper13
July 1st, 2011, 01:19 AM
I'm assuming that you want to change a transparent background in the png with a black one in the bmp in which case the rather obvious solution is to do an opaque black fill. I'm not aware of any conversion software that does that automatically but someone may know different. If, on the other hand, you want to retain the transparency you just need to save it as a 32 bit bmp (this is an option in GIMP, don't know about PS).

I tried this :crying: with a 130x130 png image and still [white background]-trying to make a custom image with transparent background for my shellbrd.dll,,,not having much luck. :sad: have uploaded the image .some help would be great.thanks in advance. :cheeky:

Big V
July 1st, 2011, 03:04 AM
Here is a white and black blackground for ya

chopper13
July 1st, 2011, 03:14 AM
Here is a white and black blackground for ya

thanks sir,but i was looking for it to be a bitmap with a transparent bg.

Big V
July 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
OK my misunderstanding try this one I already changed the file number so all you should have to do is drop it in with restorator

chopper13
July 1st, 2011, 05:27 AM
thank you very much Big V sir.looks great :cheeky:

faizalotai
November 13th, 2012, 03:15 PM
need some clearing here..as for shellbrd image, even thou in bmp in with alpha channel, the image blend smoothly in dark and white background but for systemcpl it doesn't look promising..is it because of the image size?(smaller than shellbrd image)