PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of Death Screensaver

razorsedge
September 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Missing the Blue Screen on Windows 7? Don’t worry – there’s hope still! With the advent of Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSODs) or Stop Errors are almost extinct and a great way to remind yourself of what a blue screen looks like or to fool your office workers and friends, run the Blue Screen screen saver from Sysinternals.

The screen saver simulates authentic looking blue screens that reflect the version of Windows on which you run it, generating all blue screen text using actual system information such as the list of loaded drivers. It also mimics an automatic reboot, complete with the Windows startup splash screen. Note that unlike other screen savers, where a mouse movement dismisses them, the Blue Screen screen saver requires a key press.

Using the following syntax for the Psexec tool from Sysinternals, you can even run the screen saver on another system:

psexec \\computername –i –d “c:\sysinternalsbluescreen.scr” –s

The command requires that you have administrative privilege on the remote system. (You can use the –u and –p Psexec switches to specify alternate credentials).

Now its time to do some serious pranks. Enjoy! smile Missing the Blue Screen on Windows 7? Don’t worry – there’s hope!

Blue Screen Screensaver

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897558.aspx

Psexec tool

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx

voyager456
September 10th, 2010, 10:35 PM
lmao

Syncitywolf
September 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Actually, you'd be surprised how many blue screens I've seen on 7.

I'm actually having trouble getting the screensaver to run. It just pulls up an error. "SetDisplayMode FAILED 80004001"

Ah well, would have been awesome to have it as my default screensaver. But I can't find support for it on their site.

Bristow
September 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM
lol

mauam
September 14th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Very funny bud, thanks for share it.

HaCkthEplAneT
November 17th, 2010, 08:51 PM
:D'oh!: Not too sure if the blue screens are completely gone in Windows 7, had one because of an hardware/software problem with a wireless usb antenna....but this surely is pretty cool....thanks

bigcyco1
November 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
lol :cool:

intel 4004
December 6th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I'm gonna scare my friends and dad with this! lmao XD

Kino
December 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks. it works ^_^

lmao lol

nighthawk
February 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks, I'll try it. Reminds me of this pic I found, I was going to use it for my logon screen but changed my mind.

gor17981
February 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
O.K ....so a couple weeks ago, i put this screensaver onto a mates computer without him knowing, and set it to turn on after 30 minutes. First time it happened he didn't know what was happening so reset his pc, and thought nothing off it, he mentioned he had a blue screen appear and i had forgot about putting it in his system, oops :shocked: ,, anyways to cut a long story short, this happened to him 3 more times, on the 3rd time, he put in his windows disk and done a full clean install. Double oops :cheeky: He knows about what i did now and all is good. lol