PDA

View Full Version : SSD Tweaker 1.6.6 silent installer

razorsedge
September 17th, 2010, 10:56 PM
A SSD or Solid State Drive is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data. They differ from the traditional hard disk drives in the sense that while the latter are electromechanical devices containing spinning disks and movable read-write heads, SSDs use microchips and contain no moving parts.

Author: Elpamsoft http://sourceforge.net/projects/ssdtweaker/
License: Freeware
Requires: Win7/Vista/XP

Even though the Internet provides us with numerous tips and tricks for SSD hard drives, it can still take us long hours of research for correctly setting up an SSD drive.

Now with the SSD Tweaker you can adjust Windows settings in seconds:
· Windows Indexing Service
· System Restore
· Windows Defrag
· Use Large System Cache
· Ntfs Memory Usage
· Disable 8.3 Filenames
· Disable Date Stamping
· Disable Boot Tracing
· Windows Prefetcher
· Windows Vista Superfetch
· Windows Services

http://www.mediafire.com/?o9k5kb5hzo94qve

razorsedge
October 10th, 2010, 11:32 PM
updated to 1.6.1

razorsedge
October 30th, 2010, 12:42 AM
updated to 1.6.6

chevy350
March 27th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Just a heads up as I tried this app once before. If you already have Hibernation turned off and disabled in reg this app will turn it back on and a few other services when you uninstall it. When I first got a SSD I ran across this after going through some tweaks found other places. After I didn't really notice any speed increases I uninstalled it and noticed I had about 15Gb's more being used on the drive. After some poking around and showing hidden system files I saw the hiberfil.sys was the culprit. Did a quick google and many others found the same thing after removing it. Not trying to offend the OP or anyone for that matter just wanted to make sure ppl were aware of how this app works.

JokeStar
July 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Has anyone used this yet?

If what Chevy says to be true.....hmmmmm