PDA

View Full Version : Installing Annihilator Light

julio99
September 24th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Postby julio99 » Today, 5:37 pm

I tried to install Annihilator Light Theme last night with 7tsp, but after it patched nothing had changed. Was I supposed to go to Personalize and apply the theme there after patching or should it have just changed. And is it necessary to patch explorer.exe in that theme to make it work? I'm using Win 7 HP. As I said, the 7tsp ran pretty good and said all was patched and it rebooted twice, but nothing changed. Can anyone answer this for me?

Finally got this theme installed with 7tsp and what a beautiful theme, but and there's always a but. After I installed this theme I went to a video (avi file) and clicked to play it and it was choppy and dragging. I also got a warning from Windows about switching to a more basic theme to solve Performance issues. I'm taking from this that my laptop,(Acer Aspire 5100/ 64x2 Mobile TL 50 CPU/ATI Radeon Express series 256MB Memory/) doesn't have the graphics capability to run a nice theme like this. The reason for the performance issues were because the built in graphics card on my laptop wasn't up to handling your beautiful theme. Did it ever come out nice too! I almost cried when I had to switch it back to something a little less graphics intensive. I found that if I didn't want to play video files I guess I could have kept the theme. So I guess what I'm asking is what are the minimum you need to use these themes without going through the Windows warnings about performance issues? I'm going to buy another laptop and I need to know what to get as far as graphics are concerned. :idk:

Mr GRiM
October 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM
Postby julio99 » Today, 5:37 pm

I tried to install Annihilator Light Theme last night with 7tsp, but after it patched nothing had changed. Was I supposed to go to Personalize and apply the theme there after patching or should it have just changed. And is it necessary to patch explorer.exe in that theme to make it work? I'm using Win 7 HP. As I said, the 7tsp ran pretty good and said all was patched and it rebooted twice, but nothing changed. Can anyone answer this for me?

Finally got this theme installed with 7tsp and what a beautiful theme, but and there's always a but. After I installed this theme I went to a video (avi file) and clicked to play it and it was choppy and dragging. I also got a warning from Windows about switching to a more basic theme to solve Performance issues. I'm taking from this that my laptop,(Acer Aspire 5100/ 64x2 Mobile TL 50 CPU/ATI Radeon Express series 256MB Memory/) doesn't have the graphics capability to run a nice theme like this. The reason for the performance issues were because the built in graphics card on my laptop wasn't up to handling your beautiful theme. Did it ever come out nice too! I almost cried when I had to switch it back to something a little less graphics intensive. I found that if I didn't want to play video files I guess I could have kept the theme. So I guess what I'm asking is what are the minimum you need to use these themes without going through the Windows warnings about performance issues? I'm going to buy another laptop and I need to know what to get as far as graphics are concerned. :idk:

I am not sure on the minimum requirements but I would suggest at least 2 gigs of RAM and and at least a 512MB graphics card and at least a dual core processor.

julio99
October 1st, 2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the reply my man. I had everything you said except for the integrated graphics card on this laptop is 256 and you requested 512 I believe? Wow that sucked for me. I did a little reading and I find that the basic premise for a laptop aren't gaming so most aren't heavy on the graphics. I guess when I buy it's going to be heavy on the graphics capability or it'll be a desktop. Thanx again for the 411! :D