PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Alienware Icon pack on x64 7

Pramathesh
September 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hey, guys. I'm getting this strange problem while installing Alienware or as a matter of fact any other icon pack it says when I execute the install.cmd that "There is no file extension in "D:\F" clicking on ok proceeds with everything as normal. But after restarting I'm completely stuck with no logon screen. It dark on with a few icons to see on the logon on screen nothing else visible. Any help on this....

Mr GRiM
September 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hey, guys. I'm getting this strange problem while installing Alienware or as a matter of fact any other icon pack it says when I execute the install.cmd that "There is no file extension in "D:\F" clicking on ok proceeds with everything as normal. But after restarting I'm completely stuck with no logon screen. It dark on with a few icons to see on the logon on screen nothing else visible. Any help on this....

Have you unpacked the zip file and are you running it from your desktop with UAC turned off and running it as Administrator?

Pramathesh
September 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Yes, unzipped. Running from the hidden administrator account. Which has no UAC limitations afaik. Also ran the theme patcher for 64bit.
If you could post the link for the same again. I'll download it again and try the same.