PDA

View Full Version : why don't Dark Aero themes also change Windows live mail?

1t.runner1
October 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Black High contrast accessibility Windows basic has a total effect on every 3D elements, background, Windows, Palette title, menus etc, so why doesn't any customised dark Aero themes I have downloaded from here and deviant Art?

What's preventing any of these Aero themes manipulating other programmes like Windows live mail GUI's?

Looking at it another way because black high contrast Basic theme does such an excellent on joball the elements is there any way that a applications such as "black glass.exe" or " full glass" be made to work in non--Aero high contrast Accessability themes?

Any help is appreciated as I would like to know before I start attempting to learn how to create my own themes in Windows style builder to us not to waste time if I'm barking up the wrong tree looking for a positive answer to this question.

Cheers

bgjerlow designs
October 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM
]Black High contrast accessibility Windows basic has a total effect on every 3D elements, background, Windows, Palette title, menus etc, so why doesn't any customised dark Aero themes I have downloaded from here and deviant Art?

What's preventing any of these Aero themes manipulating other programmes like Windows live mail GUI's?

Looking at it another way because black high contrast Basic theme does such an excellent on joball the elements is there any way that a applications such as "black glass.exe" or " full glass" be made to work in non--Aero high contrast Accessability themes?

Any help is appreciated as I would like to know before I start attempting to learn how to create my own themes in Windows style builder to us not to waste time if I'm barking up the wrong tree looking for a positive answer to this question.

Cheers
First of all, welcome to Virtual Customs :)

I'm not sure about your first question. I would think that maybe the high contrast dark themes changes more settings inside the system (other files etc.) and maybe has a more advanced background color changing method than the normal msstyles style has.

Regarding the full glass.exe and similar apps, i don't think that would possible. Reason to this is that the high contrast themes uses the minimum power of the aero experience, which means no transparent things, only solid colors. That would mean the background, behind the windows (in aero known as aero blur), would be solid color as well. So Fullglass.exe would simply not work because of that. What the fullglass.exe application does is to eliminate the main explorer colors, but it does not touch the background (aero blur) which is why you in these themes still see a blurry transparent background rather than a 100% transparent background. I hope you get what i mean ;)