PDA

View Full Version : Make Windows 7 Welcome You With A Custom Voice Message

razorsedge
October 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
It’s a well-known fact that Windows 7 comes with a set of sound scheme packages and one can easily change the default sound scheme with a custom one. We also know that one can easily enable or disable the default startup sound.

Now, if you would like to make your PC welcome you with a simple voice message, we have a simple way to do that. Of course, you can go for the harder way of changing the default startup sound. But users who would like to make it simple can follow the steps given below.

1. First copy the following code in a notepad and then save the file with any name but the the file should be in .vbs extension. Of course, you can the customize the message with your own words. In this example, you can replace the words “Hello IntoWindows! Welcome back to your computer. Have a nice day” with a custom message.

Dim speaks, speech
speaks="Hello IntoWindows! Welcome back to your computer. Have a nice day"
Set speech=CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")
speech.Speak speaks

2. Now move the previously saved .vbs file to the Startup folder present in your Windows 7 drive:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

3. You are done! Simply reboot your folder to hear the cool welcome message just after the logon sound.

Thanks to Ricky and Peopleware for this info.

pravaut
October 16th, 2010, 06:49 PM
hey thanks for this i tryed it and it worked once now when i turn on the computer it just opens it in notepad i saved it as voice.vbs and ive always put " before and after as i used to write html in note pad any help would be great

yusrEx
October 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
thanks 4 this info m8..gonna try it.. lol

strychnine8301
January 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
One of the best tips i seen in a while, having lots of fun with this thanks for sharing it :cool:

Ladiesman69
January 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Nice Tip,Thank You.

FuRrY321
January 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi, I tried this and I got this error:
---------------------------
Windows Script Host
Script: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Welcome.vbs
Line: 4
Char: 5
Error: ActiveX component can't create object
Code: 800A01AD
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

OK

Can anyone help me? The only thing I changed was the message it says to my name.

TrayFlyer
March 4th, 2011, 06:45 AM
hmm also fake :(

asia55
April 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Cool! :cheeky: Thanks 4 Sharing this

Danice
March 30th, 2012, 03:56 AM
I didn't know about this lol, i should give it a try :happy: Thank you for the info:loving::peace:

superbink
June 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Nice tip bud thanks.

8pecxstudios
June 4th, 2012, 11:59 PM
wow lol just gave it ago for a laugh lol my sentence is Speaks="Terminal Active! Core At 99% Maximum Power. Shield Enabled. Begin Code Log sequence." lol be cool if i could change the voice tho to something more robotic lol cheers

pinkfloyder
June 5th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Many thanks!!

Elmo56
October 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
That was really cool...thanks for the info!...by the way...do you know how to change the voice from male to female and change voice settings?