PDA

View Full Version : all program icons covered by generic file icon

rick9889
November 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I have a problem with Icons,all my program icons (not the windows icons:like network,control panel and computer icons which are displayed fine) are covered by a white generic file icon ,the icons work .I tried all the recommendations I found googling for icon problems ,such as deleting icon cache (which at first was never found )then I saw that it is named differently " IconCache.db _777", I then deleted it and new one was built but didn't work.I use windows 7 Eternity by Rockerteam and a theme.
I tried many combination of the common solutions I found but nothing works.
Of course I posted on Rockerteam 's site but no solution found yet (since Sunday!)you are my last hope since you seem to be icon experts!
thanks again in advance
rick

razorsedge
November 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hi Rick9889,

Thats a bit strange that you could not find the icon cache and its listed under another name. Your using a rockersteam build so u have an os with a lot of preinstalled mods on it from the start. That could mean i could be a number of things was there anything that u did just before the problem happened as in installed a new driver or an update, program of any kind.

Try using this app here to rebuild your icon cache and see if you have any luck :
:) http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29963-Icon-Cache-Rebuilder-by-Lee-Whittington

rick9889
November 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hi,
I had this problem since Sunday,and tried everything I found on google.
Anyway I just found the solution! I deleted a registry key which pointed to a program (uninstalled) that assigned "empty icon image " to all
program icons.And after rebooting everything was back to normal.
rick