PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling a theme (please help)

FatMoose
November 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hello,
I installed the toxic theme made by Mr Grim. I then installed the extras pack. I decided to uninstall it. I uninstalled the extras pack with 7tsp, most of it went back to normal but the icons for folders and the login screen. Please suggest a way to uninstall the log in screen and the icons. I am on windows 7 64 bit.
Thank you.

Mr GRiM
November 11th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hello,
I installed the toxic theme made by Mr Grim. I then installed the extras pack. I decided to uninstall it. I uninstalled the extras pack with 7tsp, most of it went back to normal but the icons for folders and the login screen. Please suggest a way to uninstall the log in screen and the icons. I am on windows 7 64 bit.
Thank you.

What Icons have you still got, Is it just the User folder, Computer, network and Recycle bin or are there others?

With the logon screen you cant uninstall it but you can just delete the backgrounds folder it made in C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info and that will restore the default windows one, or just use Logon Background Changer to set another one.

FatMoose
November 11th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hey,
its just the folder and program icons eg the folder on the desktop and the firefox etc, it took off the C: icon in my computer.
thanks

Mr GRiM
November 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Not sure if it will work but might be worth using the refresh icons in the restore options on 7tsp again, just in case it didn't delete the icon cache last time, if that doesn't work then you can use 7tsp to run a scan on a specified file to restore it to default, the file that it would be is the imageres.dll.

Or another option might just be to install some other icons.

May I ask why you are uninstalling the Toxic icons though, was there some problem with them?

FatMoose
November 11th, 2010, 10:11 AM
OK it worked completely thanks so very much! but don't get me wrong, the theme and the icons are superb! no problems that I could spot. :D