PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding resources in wsb

soupiechef
November 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I've been tweaking this windows 7 theme for a few weeks now, yet I cannot for the life of me find the resources I need to edit. http://i52.tinypic.com/b8lhye.png

I can't find the background color for the 1st box labeled, I thought it might be a rebar resource but I couldn't find one that works.
The other 3 I'm merely looking for text colors, although I was not entirely sure if the drop down address menu was a problem.

Thanks in advance!

nofx1994
November 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
ok first one not sure about but the second one that is

Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Normal
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Disabled

and the third one is that when you move something hard to tell what that one is

bgjerlow designs
November 26th, 2010, 08:25 PM
3 and 4 is Explorer & Shell > Shell > DragDrop
You can edit the highlight text colors inside each sub category from Copy to None. Each of these will change something, so it's just about changing them all or trying your way :)

bongo
November 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
#1 I do not know
#2 that text cannot be changed if that is the dropdown menu from the address bar
#3 & 4 look at the 1st post on this page http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building/page4

Here is a maps Dave Serior put together that is great http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building
Jerry

Dave Senior
November 26th, 2010, 08:46 PM
1- without knowing the app, hard to tell but try these-

Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes > ComboBox > Border
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes > ComboBox > ReadOnly
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes > ComboBox > DropDownButtonRight

if its none of those just go through these, you may get lucky
Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Boxes (all the images under this class)

if that fails post the name of the app for "1" it will help us track the location :)

soupiechef
November 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM
First, I'd like to thank everyone for the quick replies :D sergio's advice for changing the copy text worked perfectly, but I wasn't able to change the address drop down menu font color in "2" or the background color in the "1" box (which is the old wordpad from vista, sorry for being so vague, it completely slipped my mind!)

As far as what bongo said, I had unfortunately read in other places that the address bar font color was something that could not be changed. I tried nofx's fixes as well, but they didn't seem to affect my theme at all... I also tried adding a color:textcolor attribute, but to no avail. If it's not possible to change the font text color, what is the resource for editing the background color? I would just like a contrast between the text and the background in that drop down menu.

Thanks for the replies though, I really appreciate the help as this has been something that has been in the back of my mind for weeks!

bongo
November 27th, 2010, 06:44 PM
That background is at Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBorders

soupiechef
November 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
That background is at Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBorders

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it seems like it only affects the right-click context menu for me. I don't know if that's something wrong with my theme, but I can't seem to find anything that affects the address bar dropdown menu...

bongo
November 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I just tested it & the right click, the dropdown menu, & the address dropdown menu are Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUpBackground
Jerry