PDA

View Full Version : Red WMP 12

gsw953
December 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I made this to go with the Windows 7 theme I'm currently using.

bigcyco1
December 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
nice job mate i'll edit my post and include this in my download for that vs of mine wicked red along with credit to you if that's o.k.?let me know and if you like i will do that it's up to you ;) but either way great job :cool:

gsw953
December 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I would be honored to have my work included with your work :D
thanks

bigcyco1
December 14th, 2010, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE=gsw953;176170]I would be honored to have my work included with your work :D
thanks[/QUOTE
o.k. it's been added in my section under wicked red if you like me to say anything different then i did just p.m. me and i can edit my post again and say anything you like to add ;) :cool:P.S.I also added to your rep so you have some rep points now :p

gsw953
December 14th, 2010, 02:09 AM
very cool !
thanks,I appreciate it

Mr GRiM
December 14th, 2010, 07:39 AM
where did you change all the text colours for Media Player, I have wanted to know this for a long time?

gsw953
December 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
That took me a few days to figure out!I'll tell you what I found out so maybe you can help find the ones I still can't change.
In the 256 folder of the wmploc.dll there is a bunch of Java Script text files.
The first one I changed was 143.txt,about 2/3 of the way down there is the line:
function getDarkTextColor()
{
return mediacenter.appColorDrak;
I simply changed the" Dark" to "Light in the last line,
{
return mediacenter.appColorLight;
this changes the top address bar and the bottom bar(currently playing and updating)from blue to white.
The second file is the NOWDOING.JS.txt the lines you need are near the bottom, about 7/8 down:
var line1FG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";
var line2FG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";
var linkFG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";

var line1BG = isCM? cmBG : "none";
var line2BG = isCM? cmBG : "none";
I changed all the line colors to "FFFFFF" (for white) This changes all the text in the now playing window of the sidebar(the window above the sidebar search)
Now the weird part,some of the main window text is controlled by whatever Windows theme you are using but can also be changed in the Advanced appearance settings of the Control panel:
The color can be changed in the Window option
The style and height is changed in the Icon option
The color is only changed in the left navigation panel and in the first column of the main window.(other columns and the Listview header stay gray)
The one I can't find and would really like to, is the "currently playing item" in the main window and playlist sidebar.These always stay blue!
If it is easier I could just upload my already edited .txt .So that everyone can just add them into the 256 folder of any wmploc.dll.
Just tell me what section you would like them in.

Mr GRiM
December 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
That took me a few days to figure out!I'll tell you what I found out so maybe you can help find the ones I still can't change.
In the 256 folder of the wmploc.dll there is a bunch of Java Script text files.
The first one I changed was 143.txt,about 2/3 of the way down there is the line:
{
return mediacenter.appColorDrak;
I simply changed the" Dark" to "Light in the last line,
{
return mediacenter.appColorLight;
this changes the top address bar and the bottom bar(currently playing and updating)from blue to white.
The second file is the NOWDOING.JS.txt the lines you need are near the bottom, about 7/8 down:
var line1FG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";
var line2FG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";
var linkFG = isCM? cmFG : "#FFFFFF";

var line1BG = isCM? cmBG : "none";
var line2BG = isCM? cmBG : "none";
I changed all the line colors to "FFFFFF" (for white) This changes all the text in the now playing window of the sidebar(the window above the sidebar search)
Now the weird part,some of the main window text is controlled by whatever Windows theme you are using but can also be changed in the Advanced appearance settings of the Control panel:
The color can be changed in the Window option
The style and height is changed in the Icon option
The color is only changed in the left navigation panel and in the first column of the main window.(other columns and the Listview header stay gray)
The one I can't find and would really like to, is the "currently playing item" in the main window and playlist sidebar.These always stay blue!
If it is easier I could just upload my already edited .txt .So that everyone can just add them into the 256 folder of any wmploc.dll.
Just tell me what section you would like them in.

Thanks I had a play with this and managed to get the white text in those areas, I could make another sub forum in this section for WMP skinning tutorials, that might be the go :smile:

gsw953
December 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Looks good! The light text on black looks so much better.Now if we can only figure out the search box.

Moodygal
March 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Very spunky gsw953 red is best :happy:never attempted to change skins on wmp, with part of skin being black how do I change the text, mine is black, black on black kinda hard to read, very nice:idk:

Letícia®
May 15th, 2012, 06:29 PM
skin incredible, loved.... thank you:loving::loving::flirt:

robj2005
May 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Very nice skin,looks great with my current theme,thank you