PDA

View Full Version : Add or Remove Blur from all of the Start Menu

Mr GRiM
December 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Add or Remove Blur from all of the Start Menu

This will show you how to add or remove all of the blur on the Start Meuu, this is more of a work around then a fix as it will also remove the Search box from the Start Menu.

I would also like to note that with the blur removed there is still a small area in the bottom left corner of the start menu that I was not able to remove but that is not noticeable really and not at all if you do it right.

Add all these properties and make them checked and remove any CompositedOpaque:Bool properties

Start Menu > Menus > Aero > Link > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > EmptyMarkup > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > ListView > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > PlaceList:ListView > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > KeyBoard:TreeView > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > Hover:TreeView > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > StartMenuCompositedMFU::ListView > Composited:Bool
Start Menu > Menus > Aero > TopMatchComposited::ListView > Composited:Bool

For no Start Menu Blur add this property

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > OpenBox > ContentMargins:Margins > 1000, -1000, -1000, -1000

For Full Start Menu Blur add this property

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > OpenBox > ContentMargins:Margins > -1000, -1000, -1000, -1000

For alternative Full Start Menu Blur add this property

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > OpenBox > ContentMargins:Margins > 0, -200, -2000, -1998 (this one will give you full blur and the search text but not the box)

razorsedge
December 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM
The master did it again great work on figuring this out bud really helped me with the new menu you are one smart guy lol

nofx1994
December 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM
great stuff mark this helped me out alot but this does not get all the blur out there is a 1/2 square on the lower left side that this does not do but still quite a great find and thanks for the handy information :gun: :gun:

Dave Senior
December 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I'd seen the full blur menu before but never a full no blur menu, nice find mate :)

robyroby
December 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM
thanks mr grim :loving:

ArtemisFowlXX
December 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you mr grim! :D

dreamer567
January 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the helpful info. :cool:

Jobrue
February 2nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Thank you so much Mr.Grim!
very helpful!

nice_guy75
June 20th, 2011, 05:07 AM
@ Mr Grim,
I am actually trying to convert a dark theme into a light theme so that I can use that theme in my new custom built, but when remove the black background from the explorer, the text became blurred in the navigation pane. see the difference in the screenshot below:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fqfqw.jpg

If you can help me in reducing width of right pane of the start menu that would be great, for better understanding please see the screenshot.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ijlo9i.jpg

Mr GRiM
June 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
@ Mr Grim,
I am actually trying to convert a dark theme into a light theme so that I can use that theme in my new custom built, but when remove the black background from the explorer, the text became blurred in the navigation pane. see the difference in the screenshot below:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fqfqw.jpg

If you can help me in reducing width of right pane of the start menu that would be great, for better understanding please see the screenshot.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ijlo9i.jpg

First of all, this topic is about removing the blur from the start menu, you should make a new topic for new questions but anyway, to fix the text in the navigation pane you need to remove all the shadow properties or make the shadow a different colour in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem

To reduce the places list for the start menu you need to change the default panel size properties in basic section for Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List and Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Logoff

nice_guy75
June 22nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
First of all, this topic is about removing the blur from the start menu, you should make a new topic for new questions but anyway, to fix the text in the navigation pane you need to remove all the shadow properties or make the shadow a different colour in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem

To reduce the places list for the start menu you need to change the default panel size properties in basic section for Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List and Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Logoff
Sorry for hijacking the topic but I thought my problem is related to blur effect so only I have posted in this thread. I would take care in the future.

Thanks for your reply but both are not working, when I tried to change the third value at Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List and Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Logoff nothing happens my start menu size didn't changed and when I tried to change the fourth value, length of my start menu got increased.

And regarding removing shadow effect in "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem" this is really frustrating there is no option to remove shadow. Please see the screenshot:
http://i52.tinypic.com/am8go8.jpg

also suggest me how can I change the color of the font in the left pane (in the screenshot) to the black and background of property area to the white.

Mr GRiM
June 22nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
[quote="Mr GRiM » Today, 3:12 am (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?p=42766#p42766)":yo4pkxbt]

Sorry for hijacking the topic but I thought my problem is related to blur effect so only I have posted in this thread. I would take care in the future.

Thanks for your reply but both are not working, when I tried to change the third value at Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List and Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Logoff nothing happens my start menu size didn't changed and when I tried to change the fourth value, length of my start menu got increased.

And regarding removing shadow effect in "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem" this is really frustrating there is no option to remove shadow. Please see the screenshot:
http://i52.tinypic.com/am8go8.jpg

also suggest me how can I change the color of the font in the left pane (in the screenshot) to the black and background of property area to the white.[/quote:yo4pkxbt]
If you send me the msstyles I will have a look at it, see if I can see where your going wrong.

nice_guy75
June 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
If you send me the msstyles I will have a look at it, see if I can see where your going wrong.
Here is my msstyle:

Mr GRiM
June 22nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
[quote="Mr GRiM » Today, 4:00 pm (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?p=42794#p42794)":3fjigr4h]
Here is my msstyle:[/quote:3fjigr4h]

I ended up doing a few things for you on it, hope your happy with it.

nice_guy75
June 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
I ended up doing a few things for you on it, hope your happy with it.
You are really a master, rest is ok but please tell me how did you change the width of right pane of start menu? I have been trying to do that but unable to do it till now.

Anyways, thanks a million. I am not going to leave you I will keep asking new things, lol. I hope you won't mind, I am also trying my hands on PS CS5 to make some animation and I know you are also very good with CS5 as well.

lucho5082
June 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
is good. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

QlimHaXx
March 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you very useful

ssT
April 17th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks! (;

IceBabee
April 18th, 2013, 03:39 AM
GREAT JOB! :givahand:You never seize to amaze!!!!! Thank you :)