PDA

View Full Version : help with CommanModule image

Invertfreak
December 22nd, 2010, 04:59 AM
Hello, I am new to this sort of thing so please bear with me. I have been trying to change the image in Explorer & Shell>Explorer>CommandModuel><1>, but unfortunately, every time I import my image and click on test, the image does not appear, instead it doesn't show anything. I have included in this question some pics of what I have done. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.39854

Mr GRiM
December 22nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah I have seen this before, notice the details pane at the bottom is missing too, even if you had not replaced the image and clicked test you would have the same result, the problem is that there is meant to be a temp shell folder made in your temp directory C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Temp which is where your theme msstyles is created when you do a test, inside the shell folder you are meant to have the sellstyle.dll, if you don't have the shell folder in the temp directory then that may be your problem and if you do have it there delete it and then it will be recreated next time you do a test.

Invertfreak
December 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Okay I took a peak into my Temp folder and you were right, there is no shell folder. Should I just make a new one labeled Shell and then load up VSB?

Invertfreak
December 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Okay I found where the shell folder was. It was not in the usual Appdata\Loca\Temp folder. I found the Shell folder along with shellstyle.dll in local Disk\Windows\Temp.

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
yeah just copy a shell folder from another theme and put it in the temp folder and it should work.

Invertfreak
December 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
:-D It works. Thank you so much, now I can finally make some headway in making a new theme.

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2010, 01:26 AM
No worries, glad I could help :)