PDA

View Full Version : Cr-48 Google netbook, has anybody got one?

VannMann
December 25th, 2010, 12:26 AM
I received mine the other day from FedEX. I was wondering if anybody else got one?

ArtemisFowlXX
December 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I received mine the other day from FedEX. I was wondering if anybody else got one?

I have not yet and I signed up for it :P

Could you post how it runs etc, I am looking forward to getting one (hopefully)

I guess you would say the "Tech Specs"

VannMann
December 25th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Runs quick, the only down side would be flash support at the moment. It has a 16gb ssd hard drive and 2gb ddr3 integrated ram. But as far as the OS, it is in beta, but a great start I would say. Track pad is alot different than what windows people may be used to, but not hard to get used to.

Google Chrome computer Cr-48 specs

12.1 inch display
full size keyboard without function key and cap lock key
oversized touchpad
Build-in 3G chip
802.11n dual-band WiFi
8 hours battery life of active use
Webcam
Weight 3.8 pounds (1.72KG)
Processor: Intel Atom Processor N455 1.66GHz 512K Cache
Chipset: Intel CG82NM10 PCH
Motherboard: Tripod Motherboard MARIO – 6050A240910 – MB – A03
Ram: Hynix 2GB DDR3 1Rx8 PC3 – 10600S Ram

Read Only Memory: ITE IT8500E Flash ROM
SSD Drive: SanDisk sdsa4dh-016G 16GB SATA SSD
Wireless Wan: Qualcomm Gobi2000 PCI Express Mini Card
3g Adapter: AzureWave 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI-E Half MiniCard
Bluetooth: Atheros AR5BBU12 Bluetooth V2.1 EDR

ArtemisFowlXX
December 25th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for this :) I hope I get one or are they all already sent? hmm lol

VannMann
December 25th, 2010, 01:50 AM
From what I have read, they made 60,000 and only shipped 14,000 so far. They are sending them out slowly.

bgjerlow designs
December 25th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Is this restricted to the US? Or could i for example apply for the testing programme?

ArtemisFowlXX
December 25th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Is this restricted to the US? Or could i for example apply for the testing programme?

It is only for the US since Verizon is hosting the memory service, which is kinda dumb if you ask me but, whatever floats their boat lol!

quaz1957
December 26th, 2010, 07:34 AM
vm - "lucky you friend - i applied - but, haven't heard anything from them yet - i'm happy for you friend - enjoy !~"

VannMann
December 28th, 2010, 04:34 AM
@sergio- I think they may be sending some out of the country, there has been some chatter about it on some of the other forums, but only rumors.

lysy1993pl
December 28th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Register is possible from all countries. I registred today and waiting for reply from google ;)

Direct link to "pilot" program > http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program.html

Mr GRiM
December 28th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Register is possible from all countries. I registred today and waiting for reply from google ;)

Direct link to "pilot" program > http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program.html

Thanks for the link, I applied but I am not that hopeful lol

ArtemisFowlXX
December 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I am still kind of clouded on this,

I heard that people from other countries etc are asking like a friend from US to apply and send. Well at least at the site I have been they have, and the cr-48 has verizon as the host for the memory? Will that work for other countries? Just Wondering. :grim:

bgjerlow designs
December 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Well, i applied now. Hopefully i'll get one, but my hopes ain't big lol

ArtemisFowlXX
December 28th, 2010, 12:33 PM
My thought on the whole netbook, sure it would be cool for an on the go thing with a very fast boot, but I would not be able to stand it without my desktop and programs :anger:

VannMann
December 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Well I hope you all get one. Its kind of irritating to have a new toy and not have anyone to discuss it with, much less people you know are cool :) I have joined a few forums, but most of the people in the forums are just people asking "How I can haz free netbook" (the mods and admins don't even have one). I don't think that google is just giving them out to lucky people, I am sure they have a method and are using there statistics to there fullest extent. And I am sure you are all very worthy testers and have a great chance of getting one. And if/when you get one, let me know so I can have someone to discuss it with.

ArtemisFowlXX
January 2nd, 2011, 12:34 AM
http://www.neowin.net/news/googles-cr-48-runs-os-x-and-windows-7-too

Check this out guys! Some people have already got Mac OSX and Windows installed on the cr-48 netbook!